New washing machine

Aforek

Hello, 

I need to buy a new washing machine, about 6500 bahts, no need a dryer, here sun outside is enough

I have a Samsung, but now it's getting old 

which brand do you recommend ? there are  many clothes to wash here , and I need a reliable brand ; Samsung again, LG , Toshiba ...?

at least 7.5 kgs contenance 

thank for your advice 

Probably not very much choice at that price range - we have Hitachi but much more expensive/large size and has been working very well for many (11) years now - better than previous brands that seemed to fail in 2 years or so with our heavy workload.

Edited by lopburi3

I've got an LG toploader, 10Kg that hasn't missed a lick in 5+ years.  It sits on my 5th floor patio, in the sunlight for about half the day.  I've gone through 2 sunburnt discharge hoses (50 baht each?) and one set of lint filters (40 baht x 2) in those years.  The only issue is that the top side exposed to the blistering Thai sun has been getting sunburnt, but that's just cosmetic.  

A little out of the 6,500 baht price range, but I don't think I paid over 8,000 (on sale), delivery and setup included.

Edit:  Knock wood.  Don't wanna jinx it...

Edited by impulse

48 minutes ago, meatboy said:

samsung 7.5kg.top loader power mall 6,590bht.

Go to HomePro show at Muang Thong Thani ...several cheap top loaders there ...show finishes Sunday 24:00 Hrs ...go late you might bag a bargain

Wifey wanted a top-loader Samsung for #2 washer. Got one when PowerBuy had a promotion a year ago, cost about 6k baht. Has worked very fine. The #1 Siemens now about 7 yrs old, front loader in use about 3x per week, no problems ever but far more expensive. 

I got a top loader, Samsung, around 6000 Baht. I should have paid the extra and got a front loader for the higher spin speed and better wash. Never mind, the Samsung top loader will do.

Cambodian laborer??

Seriously, was the 6500 Baht a typo?  I cannot think of a good washer, unless it is the plastic variety where the user has to monitor the fill-up of water.

Edited by Gumballl

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Doubt it, machines are out there, even Samsung...My cheapy Samsung is now 10 years old and used a lot.....:smile:

Mine is a Samsung, less than 6000 bahts , 6 and a half years old; my only problem now is that when I plug it, there is a small electric shock and it doesnt' start anymore ; do you think it's reparable ( electric problem ) or better to have a new one ? ; look at Lazada,  between 6500 and 8000, a lot of choice ; Samsung, LG, Toshiba 

2 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Mine is a Samsung, less than 6000 bahts , 6 and a half years old; my only problem now is that when I plug it, there is a small electric shock and it doesnt' start anymore ; do you think it's reparable ( electric problem ) or better to have a new one ? ; look at Lazada,  between 6500 and 8000, a lot of choice ; Samsung, LG, Toshiba 

Personally I would dump it. Not worth you ending up in a box..

Is it earthed...?

You can get a front loader with hot water programs for 10000 baht , LG brand.

Washing linen and blankets at high temperatures will kill bacteria and bugs. 

22 minutes ago, balo said:

You can get a front loader with hot water programs for 10000 baht , LG brand.

Washing linen and blankets at high temperatures will kill bacteria and bugs. 

Don't believe many in Bangkok have a great need of blankets and the sun drying does a pretty good job.

Do yourself a favor and raise your washing machine budget up to about 22,000...you'll get something much better that will last longer.  I got my girlfriend one for 10,000 about five years ago, and it died on her recently; 25k is my budget for the new one.  Just go to Home Pro and compare all the models, pay attention to warranty as well.

7 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

Do yourself a favor and raise your washing machine budget up to about 22,000...you'll get something much better that will last longer.  I got my girlfriend one for 10,000 about five years ago, and it died on her recently; 25k is my budget for the new one.  Just go to Home Pro and compare all the models, pay attention to warranty as well.

25k for a washing machine are you mad. 

8 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

25k for a washing machine are you mad. 

There are plenty out there for 50k+ as well. :laugh:  I don't think 25k is unreasonable at all; she cares for a 4 year old and gets a lot of use out of it.

I have found one, promotion , 8 kgs , enough for me , I have bought this month a big fridge, and for drying, I have the sun, I live in country side 

yes, have an electric shock , it  is not worth it 

I don't tell the price, otherwise you'll say I am a Cambodian worker :smile:

Edited by Aforek

22 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

There are plenty out there for 50k+ as well. :laugh:  I don't think 25k is unreasonable at all; she cares for a 4 year old and gets a lot of use out of it.

Our machine is on every day 5 year old now 4500bht new ones are now 7950bht. 

Edited by jeab1980
To correct price

I think only hi-so's in Thailand buy washing machines for more than 25k .  If you can afford it , good for you. 

But you can get a good one from LG for 10k , with frontload and hot water programs. That's value for money . I had mine for 5 years already. 

Edited by balo

It is not only hi-so - many people need a larger capacity than the 10k models as have extended family using daily and larger machines cost extra.  Out top loader 11 years ago cost over 20k and would cost about the same today.

19 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

You cant beat a twin tub. Saves water saves electric washes great. Auto washing machines are for lazy <deleted>

Bums

:cheesy: :cheesy:

What ever next ? Advise to go down to the river and rub your shirts and socks on a handy rock ? How about making your own soap from ashes and lard ?

It's the 21st century...

Go buy a front loading automatic. Fill it, press the button and go find something more fun to do.

We have had a twin tub Panasonic for about 12 years. No idea how much it cost but still works ok.

Untangling the ball of clothes at the end if the cycle us fun, a bit like trying to solve a rubiks cube.