Police wait for court decision on arrest warrants, says source

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Dave67 said:

Why do you believe people should not get angry and react on it in a country where the Red Cross has to feed the elderly. The poor are shat on in Thailand and are the majority, The Shins as you call them corrupt or not did something for the poor at least, not just for themselves. Hence their popularity resulting in 2 military takeovers.I wouldn't expect them to sit back and do FA about it for much longer.

I would not advocate violent revolution especially given that the alternative has done almost nothing for them too. Find a good party to support with honest leaders then if these are brought up with fake charges you have something to be angry about. Not when real charges are brought up against a mega corrupt family that has their own armed wing to do their bidding. 

I see your not even full time here.. guess that is why you dont mind violence.. your not here anyway. 

Edited by robblok

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would not advocate violent revolution especially given that the alternative has done almost nothing for them too. Find a good party to support with honest leaders then if these are brought up with fake charges you have something to be angry about. Not when real charges are brought up against a mega corrupt family that has their own armed wing to do their bidding. 

I see your not even full time here.. guess that is why you dont mind violence.. your not here anyway. 

My family are in Thailand full time that's why I care about what looks like the future is going to be for them. I may well get them back to the UK if there is no sign of a democratically elected Government in the future. My kids have spent their lives growing up in Thailand and consider themselves Thai. So it will be a wrench for them to leave but I don't want them to live in a place where they can be imprisoned for speaking their mind.

Just now, Dave67 said:

My family are in Thailand full time that's why I care about what looks like the future is going to be for them. I may well get them back to the UK if there is no sign of a democratically elected Government in the future. My kids have spent their lives growing up in Thailand and consider themselves Thai. So it will be a wrench for them to leave but I don't want them to live in a place where they can be imprisoned for speaking their mind.

Then take them away, if its all so bad here. Now there are no street riots, the reds are not bombing people.. not threatening judges (all been done by them). The only way you really can get in jail if you say bad things about the monarchy or become a political activist. If you just live your live do your thing there is no problem. If you think democracy is worth a civil war with many deaths.. be my guest.. not me. 

In a few years things will change back slowly, hopefully there won't be street protest. But as long as so much money can be made in politics there will always be groups that pit their followers up against each-other to gain power.  I have yet to see a real party that is here for the people.. and not in it for themselves. YL her amnesty showed her brother was worth more as Thailand.. without it all the street protests would never have happened. 

13 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Why not move to a "red village" then? There they will be allowed to "speak their mind" as long as they think as they are told, and are prepared to ignore blatant corruption.

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Why not move to a "red village" then? There they will be allowed to "speak their mind" as long as they think as they are told, and are prepared to ignore blatant corruption.

I'd like to think there would be no red shirts or Yellow shirts in a democratic Thailand.There would be no need for them if the government served the interests of all of the people.

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then take them away, if its all so bad here. Now there are no street riots, the reds are not bombing people.. not threatening judges (all been done by them). The only way you really can get in jail if you say bad things about the monarchy or become a political activist. If you just live your live do your thing there is no problem. If you think democracy is worth a civil war with many deaths.. be my guest.. not me. 

In a few years things will change back slowly, hopefully there won't be street protest. But as long as so much money can be made in politics there will always be groups that pit their followers up against each-other to gain power.  I have yet to see a real party that is here for the people.. and not in it for themselves. YL her amnesty showed her brother was worth more as Thailand.. without it all the street protests would never have happened. 

An activist seems to be deemed as publicly showing decent in any form, so I will give Thailand a swerve if that continues. My kids are Uni age in a couple of years so maybe it will be the best option for them

16 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

I'd like to think there would be no red shirts or Yellow shirts in a democratic Thailand.There would be no need for them if the government served the interests of all of the people.

And I'd like a one night stand with Miss Thailand. Which do you think is most likely?

2 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

An activist seems to be deemed as publicly showing decent in any form, so I will give Thailand a swerve if that continues. My kids are Uni age in a couple of years so maybe it will be the best option for them

Maybe it will.. I don't share your convictions that showing decency gets you in trouble.  Seen plenty of people get rewarded for doing decent things. 

I do like the idea of no red and yellow shirts.. but the reality is that wont happen until a party arises that really has the best for the people in mind. I don't see that happening without strict rules for politicians and strict rules against corruption (the moment its not profitable to be in goverment you get good people.. not corrupt people who are in it for the money)

Right now i rather not see a civil war between red and yellow that is why I am against violence and applaud when the army takes precautions. I have seen enough violence here. The sad truth is the moment you get a large group of protesters violence is likely to happen. Last time they told people to bring fuel to burn BKK... not to go against the goverment.. no to burn BKK. forgetting that normal people live there too who's lives were affected by the fires. I rather not have those red rabble rousers in command of a large crowd that is the reality of it. If there is such a large crow and violence...  the army has to step in and deaths occur.. the army will take the blame.. not those that incited violence.

I get a bit pissed off by those always wanting violence especially in an area they don't frequent. Its like they want some popcorn and want to watch the violence on TV. Not thinking of how many people it affects and how it can spiral out of control. Then when the army steps in they all blame the army. 

A government for all the people would not have tried to bring a convicted criminal back it would have known that large part of the people would not agree. 

Just now, Dave67 said:

The Night with miss Thailand

There is just too much money to be made when your in power.. too little checks and balances.  Not saying that the army in control is so much better as there are now also no checks and balances. But at least there is no violence and no street protests. 

Like you id rather see a good government for the people though you can't please everyone because everyone wants something different and money can be spend only once. Plus somebody has to pay for it. 

21 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

All a wicked plot to stay in power for reasons of 'National Security'.   There will be trouble next month, The Big Pumpkin knows it and will welcome it.   Don't expect an election in the foreseeable future !

Last time all you guys were so convinced that the bombing of the hospital was an inside job.. in the end.. guy with red sympathies. 

Seems there is always one that thinks the government needs to invent trouble. The reds are perfectly capable of doing that themselves the goverment never has to invent trouble. 

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Mate, I get a bit bored of all those red supporters here wanting violence and wanting a bloody revolution. I wonder if they were so willing if they were the first in the ranks. Me i just want the reds stop bombing and killing, they have for now and I am mighty glad. I am also glad the yellows are of the streets. I don't like the army much but i sure like them a lot for keeping the peace and punishing the crimes of the Shins. 

You guys seem to think that the Shins are innocent and a bloody revolution should take place.. it shows by supporting the likes of the red leaders who have incited violence and again are trying to stir things up. I like it that the army stops them from having an other round of violence because that would be bad. I imagine the guy from Dubai would like it.. even more so if he had a few more foot soldier martyrs. I guess you don't mind the violence as your not living in Thailand. I live here.. i prefer peace and quiet. Most of the red supporters here also don't live in BKK i often wonder how they would like it if Chang Mai gets bombed and people get shot there.. the city closed down. I guess when it affects people they think differently. Lot of people here wanting violence as long as it does not touch them. 

So excuse me for liking it when the army prevents bloodshed by taking precautions against those that would incite the footsoldiers. 

What do you mean you guys. You try and  paint a picture but are blinded by your reluctance to see things for what they are.

The General is not a saviour but another Mr T. But you don't bleat about that.

Its about what course these events will send Thailand. History repeats itself. That was my statement.

How you draw a relationship to that and Mr T is beyond comprehension. 

You see Rob, I don't get bored with correcting people. I see it as a helpful role. But next time Google and you will start to understand what I was alluding too. If you like ask me a question.

12 hours ago, robblok said:

I dislike Thaksin.. so I enjoy the reds being taken apart.. hard to understand ?

Red that are not breaking the law can't be taken apart.. maybe should remind you about that. As long as they don't promote violence it will be ok. Too bad that that is what they do best. Maybe you forgot how their leaders were on stage ?

Rob, your statement,  "so I enjoy the reds being taken apart" can be construed as violence. As English is not your first language you may want to revise your statement. In the past you have also said you hate the reds. Hate and taken apart is seen as acting in a or promoting violence. Something you say you don't want to see.

4 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

What do you mean you guys. You try and  paint a picture but are blinded by your reluctance to see things for what they are.

The General is not a saviour but another Mr T. But you don't bleat about that.

Its about what course these events will send Thailand. History repeats itself. That was my statement.

How you draw a relationship to that and Mr T is beyond comprehension. 

You see Rob, I don't get bored with correcting people. I see it as a helpful role. But next time Google and you will start to understand what I was alluding too. If you like ask me a question.

What your alluding too Chris is supporting a violent uprising your constantly banging on about it as if its something that should happen. Drawing parallels is one thing constantly supporting it is an other and it gets me bored. It really does I hate people who seem to think violence is a good thing. I MIGHT agree if you had a Mandela on one side and a Hitler on the other. But the General and Thaksin..  like you said they are on the same level with one at least making sure people don't get killed. 

Rob, your statement,  "so I enjoy the reds being taken apart" can be construed as violence. As English is not your first language you may want to revise your statement. In the past you have also said you hate the reds. Hate and taken apart is seen as acting in a or promoting violence. Something you say you don't want to see.

The reds (organisation) taken apart (dismantled).  If you want to take it literary so be it, shows a state of mind. 

Dislike and hate ? is it the same.. English might not be my native language but I am sure your mistaken here.

I dislike the reds for the violent organisation that they are, just looking at the hate speeches by their leaders and the actions of the reds confirms that. You don't wan't me to post the youtube of the burning of BKK and the revelation in the deaths they caused in Trat ?. It clearly shows that from the top down this is an organisation based on violence. I have no problem with this organisation being taken apart. Had they done Ghandi style protests then you would not have heard me. But looking up an meeting of political rivals.. driving in with a few pickups throwing grenades in it and shooting.. and by doing so killing people (later known kids too) is something vile and violent. How can you trust an organisation like that to hold peaceful protests ?

So I feel the army is totally justified in trying to prevent them organizing as to prevent violence. 

Semantic games of the desperate, construing violence rather than advocating it for a change.

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

The reds (organisation) taken apart (dismantled).  If you want to take it literary so be it, shows a state of mind. 

Dislike and hate ? is it the same.. English might not be my native language but I am sure your mistaken here.

I dislike the reds for the violent organisation that they are, just looking at the hate speeches by their leaders and the actions of the reds confirms that. You don't wan't me to post the youtube of the burning of BKK and the revelation in the deaths they caused in Trat ?. It clearly shows that from the top down this is an organisation based on violence. I have no problem with this organisation being taken apart. Had they done Ghandi style protests then you would not have heard me. But looking up an meeting of political rivals.. driving in with a few pickups throwing grenades in it and shooting.. and by doing so killing people (later known kids too) is something vile and violent. How can you trust an organisation like that to hold peaceful protests ?

So I feel the army is totally justified in trying to prevent them organizing as to prevent violence. 

It is a bit confusing trying to understand your position as you make a lot of general statements about the "reds".  We all know violence was committed and it was wrong.  The military, having the luxury of overwhelming force, rarely has to resort to violence and are desperately fearful of debate.  They can just make a threat to get what they want which is also wrong and unfair.  So you want everyone who voted for the Shinawartas marginalized or you are just rightfully complaining about a few bad violent people?  Should the "red" voting block stay intact, as it did when Yingluck was elected, there could be an election outcome which may not be to the Army's liking.  Are you okay with the army making threats to create a Thailand to their liking ?

Edited by yellowboat

8 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

It is a bit confusing trying to understand your position as you make a lot of general statements about the "reds".  We all know violence was committed and it was wrong.  The military, having the luxury of overwhelming force, rarely has to resort to violence and are desperately fearful of debate.  They can just make a threat to get what they want which is also wrong and unfair.  So you want everyone who voted for the Shinawartas marginalized or you are just rightfully complaining about a few bad violent people?  Should the "red" voting block stay intact, as it did when Yingluck was elected, there could be an election outcome which may not be to the Army's liking.  Are you okay with the army making threats create a Thailand to their liking ?

A few bad people.. you should have seen the Trad cheering.. oh wait you have.. quite a few cheering for the deaths of they enemies. That is not the a non violent organisation. You should look at their track record then you know if an organisation is violent or not. The reds are violent, have you seen their leaders during the burning of Bangkok.. how they encited their followers .. bring benzine burn it down.. i take responsibility .. drive over people if they are in the way. If the leaders spew out that kind of hatred.. then its NOT a non violent organisation.

Its normal for an army and for police to have violence as a tool. Its the same all over the world without it they can't do their job. So yes I am ok with the army threatening to send people to jail if they break the law.

You do understand that the reds and the PTP are not the same. I am ok with a government of the PTP as long as they are not corrupt and not try to get that convicted criminal back. If the PTP cared more about Thailand and their people instead about Thaksin then I would be more then OK with it. I can accept a PTP government, they will be checked a lot anyway and that is the only way to keep them honest. So yes if they get voted in again I will just comment on their policies and failures and I would be wanting them to face the law if they are corrupt. 

I just have little faith in a government like that because in the past they have shown that they choose Thaksin over the people. His amnesty was the catalyst that brought this all down. Without it there might not even be a coup.. or one that was NOT widely supported. 

Edited by robblok

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its normal for an army and for police to have violence as a tool. Its the same all over the world without it they can't do their job. So yes I am ok with the army threatening to send people to jail if they break the law.

Well, but when they commit a coup and take over a country, do they still have that legitimacy ?  They retain their luxuries of course.  Armies all over the world do not commit coups.  They respect the government and only keep the peace.  They do not control .

1 minute ago, yellowboat said:

Well, but when they commit a coup and take over a country, do they still have that legitimacy ?  They retain their luxuries of course.  Armies all over the world do not commit coups.  They respect the government and only keep the peace.  They do not control .

We were not talking about the coup.. we were talking about the army controlling the reds and trying to prevent violence, if you want to discuss the legitimacy of a coup find someone else. I post a huge post on why I feel the reds should be kept under control and why i think they are vioilent and feel this justifies the arrest warrants and checking of the reds. You just pick out something totally different because you can't fight the other points. Nice deflection. (not sure if you have seen how they handle deflections on this board now.. its deletion and it goes quite fast, had a few of my post in the flooding topic deleted too)

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

We were not talking about the coup.. we were talking about the army controlling the reds and trying to prevent violence, if you want to discuss the legitimacy of a coup find someone else. I post a huge post on why I feel the reds should be kept under control and why i think they are vioilent and feel this justifies the arrest warrants and checking of the reds. You just pick out something totally different because you can't fight the other points. Nice deflection. (not sure if you have seen how they handle deflections on this board now.. its deletion and it goes quite fast, had a few of my post in the flooding topic deleted too)

It is quite obvious that excessive targeting, extra judiciary detention like the attitude adjustment and executive order aimed at one side of the political divide have infuriate rather than help in keeping things under control. It's a dangerous strategy to use pushing your opponents to the edge. Something will give. 

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

The coup is how we got here today.  Current events are influenced by what happened three years ago.  You rightfully condemn violence, but never mention the threats the military makes on the common Thai.  You seem to be quite happy with the military's carte blanche in Thailand.  Might makes right. 

15 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It is quite obvious that excessive targeting, extra judiciary detention like the attitude adjustment and executive order aimed at one side of the political divide have infuriate rather than help in keeping things under control. It's a dangerous strategy to use pushing your opponents to the edge. Something will give. 

55555, excessive targeting is what you get after excessive criminality. Get used to it.

11 minutes ago, halloween said:

55555, excessive targeting is what you get after excessive criminality. Get used to it.

I am ok with going after criminality but for <deleted> sake stop shielding those criminalities from the military, police and those who are politically aligned to the junta. 

I am ok with going after criminality but for  sake stop shielding those criminalities from the military, police and those who are politically aligned to the junta. 

I agree all should be taken to court. However that this does not happen is no excuse to let other criminals go.

1 minute ago, Russbert said:

You have incredibly one eyed views. The weight of evidence in the public domain against all of your positions here is overwhelming.

Balance things out then. Tell us of one other democratic country where a fugitive criminal pays MPs to be a member of his party and vote the party line as decided by him.

Or where fugitive criminal businessmen are invited to attend cabinet meetings and format policy.

Do you know of any other democracy where the highest political position is up for sale?

Just now, halloween said:

Balance things out then. Tell us of one other democratic country where a fugitive criminal pays MPs to be a member of his party and vote the party line as decided by him.

Or where fugitive criminal businessmen are invited to attend cabinet meetings and format policy.

Do you know of any other democracy where the highest political position is up for sale?

The United States of America had such a past.  Such things plague all governments, as they attract those who desire wealth, power, entitlement and fame. 

As for sale highest political position , you are still clutching on to vote buying allegations ?  Voice of America reported Yingluck's campaign was free of vote buying.  Truth is the yellows do not campaign in Isan and the north because they fear people there.  Bangkok is safer for them.  Most of these discussions just boil down to fear and hatred which is created by unfairness.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

What your alluding too Chris is supporting a violent uprising your constantly banging on about it as if its something that should happen. Drawing parallels is one thing constantly supporting it is an other and it gets me bored. It really does I hate people who seem to think violence is a good thing. I MIGHT agree if you had a Mandela on one side and a Hitler on the other. But the General and Thaksin..  like you said they are on the same level with one at least making sure people don't get killed. 

Read my post above on the Russian Revolution. Its origins took some 100 years.