Standing up for king before movies

What would happen to a fellow expat or any foreigners if they did not stand and just sat there during the minute clip of the king of Thailand?

I mean, I'm happy for Thais loving their King mak mak. Their love and passion for the monarch gives a unique sense of culture to the country.

I personally stand up every time out of respect of the country and its people even though I believe monarchy has no place in the 21st century.

Thoughts?

I was at the cinema on Wednesday and a Thai lady and her farang partner; sat directly in front of me; stayed resolutely sat in their seats. There were no repercussions; though I doubt if many people noticed. I have never seen this before. 

2 hours ago, champers said:

I was at the cinema on Wednesday and a Thai lady and her farang partner; sat directly in front of me; stayed resolutely sat in their seats. There were no repercussions; though I doubt if many people noticed. I have never seen this before. 

Been a while since I hit the flicks champers. So the ceremony where you stand, is that featuring the new King now then? Was it a still image or similar to the late King is it a collage of his life and work?

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Been a while since I hit the flicks champers. So the ceremony where you stand, is that featuring the new King now then? Was it a still image or similar to the late King is it a collage of his life and work?

I think it's sometimes a different film for SF and Major

The current Major film is focused largely on pictures of both the new and deceased King together (the relationship growing up).

Before I think at SF for some period of time it was mostly a still picture of the new King. Assumed the new film wasn't produced yet.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think it's sometimes a different film for SF and Major

The current Major film is focused largely on pictures of both the new and deceased King together (the relationship growing up).

Before I think at SF for some period of time it was mostly a still picture of the new King. Assumed the new film wasn't produced yet.

I think the combo images are a very good idea to ensure this act of showing disrespect to the new monarch does not get out of hand. I can only guess that is why the foolish people did not stand when required and it only takes 1 angry person to blow that trumpet and mob lynching could occur and there is no court in thailand that will convict anybody of patriotism. 

To prevent any violations of this forum rule:

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

:mfr_closed1: