Rotten Red Cross aid parcels lead to best pointing photo of the year!

rooster59

6 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

The "fine line" of not being able to tell the difference between rotten fish and plaa raa lol

Also, what's the deal with this half assed censorship? What's the point in hiding 80% of the cans while you can see 3 of them just fine?

Come on! You know Thais never do anything properly. Any half-assed way will do. If you comment then you're accused of being fussy.

8 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Look after the aged Aistralia is starving them to death and Thailand is trying to poison them !

Where and What is Aistralia,,,,,,,,,,,Is this an Island of Australia or next to the South Pole,,,,,,,,    

7 hours ago, billmichael said:

Americans give huge amounts of money, in good faith, to the Red Cross thinking that good work is being done.  People in the USA would be mortified, shocked, deeply embarrassed to find out that this happened.  Unfortunately, our news media will cover up this story and the great number of Americans will never hear anything about it.

Yep they and many others give the money then locals switch the product and put the money in their own pockets India and Pakistan are the big ones in this practice but it looks like its catching on here now

8 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Reminds me of many a night and day in Thailand.

Thai's eat rotten fish and worms all the time. What's the big deal?

Pretty sure my wife is part ostrich and could live on a steady diet of broken glass and peppers.

Bet she has great  legs then:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Look after the aged Aistralia is starving them to death and Thailand is trying to poison them !

Cryptic post of the year right there......it MUST mean something!!! I just dont know what??? I have even tried to work it out on my pocket calculator!

Crazy thing about it s that it was most likely Aussie tuna in the first place.Is Thailand famous for their tuna industry? No.

I saw a documentary about the Tassie tuna fisherman who sent the tuna to Thailand by airfreight to process and then sent back to Oz because it was cheaper to do so.

6 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Crazy thing about it s that it was most likely Aussie tuna in the first place.Is Thailand famous for their tuna industry? No.

I saw a documentary about the Tassie tuna fisherman who sent the tuna to Thailand by airfreight to process and then sent back to Oz because it was cheaper to do so.

Yes, correct. It is virtually impossible to find canned tuna that is not "product of Thailand", as the big Thai fish company controls the industry ( and in virtually every country, including the USA, as well as Europe).

TV Monde did a very good documentary on it last year.

23 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Yes, correct. It is virtually impossible to find canned tuna that is not "product of Thailand", as the big Thai fish company controls the industry ( and in virtually every country, including the USA, as well as Europe).

TV Monde did a very good documentary on it last year.

But does it then really matter.. i mean its more important how something is caught then how its processed (if its done safely)

11 hours ago, Ulic said:

Which Thai company canned the fish? Not the brand/name on the can but

the name of the canning company.

It's a Thai company, it would be defamatory. Better to point to farang's Red Cross spending money on locals.

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Yep they and many others give the money then locals switch the product and put the money in their own pockets India and Pakistan are the big ones in this practice but it looks like its catching on here now

I can remember reading somewhere that for every dollar donated only 2 or 3 cents get to where the money is needed. The rest goes on salaries and expenses etc and the expensive lifestyles of the people at the top who run the charities.

Why does Thailand need Red Cross parcels?

Is Thailand a Third World country that has to accept help from the same organisation that gives food parcels to countries in crisis? Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan etc. etc. Usually war-torn countries. 

I've always thought that Thailand could look after its own people.

1 hour ago, Graemej100 said:

Is Thailand a Third World country that has to accept help from the same organisation that gives food parcels to countries in crisis? Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan etc. etc. Usually war-torn countries. 

It can, "governments" here like playing "poor old us" to get aid from stupid western governments.

NGO's also play that game to get said aid and donations from the public.

Theres a hill near me that had been deforested and had big land slides, then with the money of many western tax payers it was "re-planted"......it has been a massive failure and to make it even more incredulous the land is controlled by the military.

2 hours ago, Graemej100 said:

As far as I know the Thai Red Cross is funded by the Thai government and public donations. It exists to provide relief in times of war or disaster, but also provides medical services (blood donation, etc.).

So, in this case, it seems that Thailand is not accepting aid from abroad - just looking after its own people (not too well this time).

http://english.redcross.or.th/home

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Red_Cross_Society

Edited by chickenslegs
To add a couple of links