Trump asks U.S. Congress to help in fight against gangs, illegal immigration

rooster59

Becoming more of a fascist. Surprising nobody that has paid attention.

This will get much worse before it gets better. IF it gets better.

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/29/16060614/trump-john-kelly-immigration-dhs

This is the Trump administration’s dark reboot

With a new chief of staff, Trump's refocusing on his top priority: making America afraid again.

The appointment of Kelly — along with a speech Trump gave in Long Island on Friday afternoon that harkened back to the most chilling rhetoric of his campaign — is a sign that the Trump administration is rededicating itself to placing those ideas front and center. And it’s rhetoric that, even beyond the policy agenda it represents, invites violence into the crevices of American life.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Impressed you actually know what a helmsman is. Unless you're steering your own yacht, a helmsman steers as he's told. The stars don't influence his decision making. Life at sea is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship. Hence, the Captain still holds the title "Master"

I'm surprised that you don't know the role of a helmsman, as it applies to Vikings... per your viking avatar.

ironically, it gives me the opportunity to again praise those bothering to research, and paste links or articles, in order to substantiate their claims/ assertions.... and I will do the same here, despite you decrying the practice, for your benefit and enlightenment

Enjoy

IMG_4428.PNG

16 hours ago, farcanell said:

Like ?

The new format following today's update doesn't seem to allow these anymore.

It does now:partytime2:

but i digress.

Fact is violence begets violence and you can be damm sure the cops dont want all out war with the gangs, which is basically what T Dump is preaching and why the cops are slamming his remarks.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:46 PM, iReason said:

Got it.

It's all President Obama's fault.

The Doctrine of your dear leader.

:coffee1:

I am no Trump fan. But, I was ambivalent about Obama. And the gang violence did go up under his watch. Especially in areas like Chicago. Frankly, sometimes it did seem that the black people he liked the most were the middle class, and rich ones. It felt as if he did not care for the poor black communities much at all. 

Now, Trump likes to talk tough. But, it must be remembered that this is a man who got a deferment to fight in Vietnam due to a supposed "bone spur". Of course, it was due to his families wealth. And his pathological fear of being in a threatening situation. He would wet his pants, if faced with gunfire or even a street fight. This is not a man who has the courage to face a threat of this sort. If others do it for him, no problem. He talks tough. But he is a big wimp. A real crybaby. 

DEA chief to agents: Disregard Trump call to be rougher with suspects

"In an unusual rebuke to the White House, the acting head of the Drug Enforcement Administration has told his agents to disregard President Donald Trump's suggestion last week that law enforcement handle suspects more roughly."

"Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg sent an agency-wide email Saturday saying he expected DEA special agents and local law enforcement personnel on cooperative task forces to treat suspects with respect, notwithstanding Trump's remarks about being "too nice" to those taken into custody."

"The President, in remarks delivered yesterday in New York, condoned police misconduct regarding the treatment of individuals placed under arrest by law enforcement," Rosenberg wrote on Saturday morning."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/dea-chief-email-trump-rough-suspects-241207