Cicular Saw Blade Sticking

chiangrai

1 hour ago, chiangrai said:

My saw is a big old bosch saw ,it's got 1400W written  on it.

Wayned,that link you gave me was really helpful.How does that blade cut.

Is it reasonably neat and tidy or rough cut.

Judgeing by the chart that Impulse posted the new blade I'm using is for plywood with 

over 100 teeth.Would that blade get stuck in durian wood.

Direct links like Waned posted are great.I'm going to order that one unless some one posts  a link to a blade that would suit me better.

The 24 tooth blade is a good all around blade and gives a tidy cut in most wood.  I use a blade with more teeth for ripping thin plywood.  If you use the 100 tooth blade on "wet" wood, it will bind and buck as the small spaces between the teeth will fill up with the wet sawdust.  You should be able to find a 24 tooth blade in any store that sells replacement blades as they are common.

Thanks  Wayned,I will get that one from Lazada.

I got the durian wood about 3 months ago but I don't know how old it was then.

I had to work today but I will try to cut well seasoned wood and plyboard tomorrow.

I use it for external cladding.I sand and paint it and screw it to the outside of walls that have

metal studwork holding the windows in place and giving my screws something to grip.I can't think of anything else  to use it for.I wouldn't risk it on any load bearing jobs and you have to paint it,you couldn't stain it because the grain is ugly.

But for cladding it looks really chunky and a lot more expensive than it actualy is.

Have you used it yourself.

• 2 months later...
On 30/07/2017 at 11:04 PM, chiangrai said:

Thanks  Wayned,I will get that one from Lazada.

I got the durian wood about 3 months ago but I don't know how old it was then.

I had to work today but I will try to cut well seasoned wood and plyboard tomorrow.

Sorry to come in a bit late, however the thing I can't see is if you ever said is the size of your saw. This makes a considerable difference. 

I have 7" 10" and 12" saws so the number of teeth for each as well as for different materials are quite different for each saw, as well as if they are used for ripping or cross cutting.

I'm almost certain that the burning is due to your cutting too slowly, that's almost always the reason. You may not be able to cut fast enough in that thickness of material with such a fine toothed blade. It is probably going to be good in 10mm and under.

I  assume that it has carbide tips so you can't do anything about the tooth geometry without getting it sharpened.