Buying car seats in Chiang mai

Son has Hyundai van, passenger cabin area came with 2 luxury seats plus the typical bench seat across the back.

He wants to replace the two luxury seats with 4 stand alone normal seats to accommodate his growing family. Price direct from Hyundai is just too expensive.

Son has followed up various typical Thai web sites selling car seats but no luck.

Would appreciate any suggestions of shops in Chiang Mai to explore.  

Thanks. 

I would first check with the transport office and your / his insurer , if this can be done , legally. Are there standard fitment seatbelts in the rear. If all is OK , then have 4 seats and their mountings secured to the floor. And i dont mean by a handfull of wood screws !.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:19 PM, ktm jeff said:

I would first check with the transport office and your / his insurer , if this can be done , legally. Are there standard fitment seatbelts in the rear. If all is OK , then have 4 seats and their mountings secured to the floor. And i dont mean by a handfull of wood screws !.

Thanks, yes my son has checked all of the above to ensure it's legal etc., and yes he's been to the main Hyundai dealer to check that the 'tracks' are suitable for his plan.

To the first point, son discovered at LTO office total of nine seats in the rear is cheaper in terms of road tax and insurance, compared to 11 seats. 

Archived