Naklua Nature Trail

toadflax

Has anyone attempted the Naklua Nature Trail? I saw this sign by the Naklua Creek bridge. Looks like it follows the creek but I'm reluctant to trespass on the creek community which, from Google Earth , seems to have built over the footpath.

3451 NakluaCreek Nature Trail Sign.jpg

The sign is at the bridge in Naklua over the creek, just to the South side. Here's the location in a kmz (Google Earth) file. Sign is pointing up the creek (literally) towards Sukhumvit. If you follow the creek you end up at the Water Treatment plant in Nhong Yai but it's far from clear if there's a footpath or if you paddle your own canoe. The photos of the mangroves look like they are from the Soi Naklua (that runs down from Sukumvit to Mum Aroi) branch of the creek.

Trail Sign.kmz

4 hours ago, toadflax said:

The sign is at the bridge in Naklua over the creek, just to the South side. Here's the location in a kmz (Google Earth) file. Sign is pointing up the creek (literally) towards Sukhumvit. If you follow the creek you end up at the Water Treatment plant in Nhong Yai but it's far from clear if there's a footpath or if you paddle your own canoe. The photos of the mangroves look like they are from the Soi Naklua (that runs down from Sukumvit to Mum Aroi) branch of the creek.

Trail Sign.kmz

Thanks a lot toadflax - that is just past the fish market, about 2km from my house. I will check it out soon - well soon is relative as I will be going to NZ for work 2 weeks on, 1 off for the rest of the year...