Best Seafood Buffet

ehs818

I'm looking for a good value seafood buffet, something under 700 baht. For food I'd like to see shrimp, prawns, squid, crab, assorted fish, side dishes, and Thai food. I'd love to find something about 300-400 baht. Can be in Jomtien, Pattaya, or Naklua. But not outside the general Pattaya area. Only in the Pattaya area please.

Thanks for your suggestions.....

The obvious contenders would be the Thai open-air BBQ places of which there are many, especially on or near 3rd road. Prices start at 200B but by paying a supplement you get access to the seafood section for a total cost of around 300-400B. Some of them are pretty good. The main drawback is that you have to cook it yourself (or pay extra) and everything tends to end up having the same flavour.

And some of the places will nickel and dime you to death with extra fees for this that and the other.

Other places you might want to consider are the Sushi Tsunami buffet places (3rd Road near Xcyte and also in Jomtien on Sukumvit). Slightly different arrangement as you order by the plate for a single price for the meal. So best tried in a group. The Jomtien one has another seafood buffet place just opposite. All are in your budget.

For 750B net there is the Siam@Siam which has the seafood you mention and other things. Drinks are extra. So just outside your budget but worth a look and probably the best value of the hotels. All the big hotels do something on those lines but will probably cost nearer 1000B or more, especially in the evening.

Down the road past the Rompho Market and behind the beer bars is a seafood buffet in Jomtien.  It opens after 5 and costs about 400 baht iirc but you have to cook it with their supplied stuff at the table.

Esan@the Sea is a seafood buffet on the very end of jomtien beach road ..it is right beside the family mart and in between the two big seafood restaurants poupin and leungsawai (spellings???)...the restaurant name is Esan@the sea  it is all you can eat for 389 baht...the food is prepared as you order..so getting your food can be a bit slow on a busy night.if your in a rush dont go when its busy...or chill out, relax and enjoy a slow leisurely meal.. sometimes crab is limited due to small catches by the fishermen or when they dont go out in rough waters like recently....there isnt a time limit....the menu is only in thai...Oad is the thai owner...his number is 085.930.7006...they have a facebook page of the same name you can check out

Edited by eastvanman2

I regularly go with my girlfriend to RE Buffet restaurant. Basic price is 259 Baht pp. Drinks are extra, so is ice. There is plenty of ice cream, fruits and salad & veggie choices, even 2 types of chips. 

Last week we went and had a whole cooked fish as well as cooked mussels and prawns. Total for 2 was 612 Baht.

Sometimes when we go the choices are not as varied or numerous. I would be interested to know how and where they source the food.

RE Buffet is round the back of 2nd Rd. If you go down 2nd Rd Soi 4, heading towards Jamesons pub, then turn left at the T junction from there it is 150 yards on the right. It has a large marquee like structure for eating under cover and loads of outside seating. Opens 5.30.

22 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

The Hilton has a seafood buffet every Friday lunchtime - 650THB

I used to go there quite often but they keep putting the price up and reducing the quality, Also it is frequently overrun by Chinese tour groups at lunchtime.

It's better in the evening, but nearly twice the price you mention.

For that price you may be eating mostly squid. Seafood is getting expensive. I go to smaller Thai restaurants and get a la carte meals which will include fish, squid, shrimp, crab at 1000-1300 with a beer for me and the Mrs.  One better place I used to use sometimes has a large Chinese party arrive, they make so much noise I stopped going.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

For that price you may be eating mostly squid.

I dont think so. All the places I mentioned and commented on have squid, decent fish, crab and prawns/shrimp. Most also have rock lobster and some sorts of shellfish: usually those little clam things, but possibly also things like local scallops and oysters. Some also have sushi/sashimi.

It's true that for 700B you will not be getting Alaskan king crab or Maine lobster.

Today I went to the Hilton seafood buffet lunch. It was pretty much the same as last year, excellent.

Had several different dishes and the seafood on offer was nice. Prawns bbq'd, prawns cooked and cold, steamed salmon squares, bbq'd squid, fish fillets in banana leaves, mussels, oysters cooked Thai style in shell, and crabs.

Plenty of other dishes too, and excellent deserts.

Only 2 small tour groups in there (not Chinese).and they were nice people. Ambience great and views and service good.

Total cost for 2 people was 1440 baht and that included 2 waters.

Fully airconditioned and they do all the bbq for you too.

Enjoyed it immensely.

Edited by Ling Kae

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Hello, any other buffet at Jomtien that is cheap like Lek hotel ? The reason is that I only eat vegetables, so at a buffet I can eat a lot ! (sizzler is good but bad location fro me in pattaya). Thank you.

Not quite what you're after but try breakfast/brunch at Hotel Danmark off Jomtien Beach Road (in the half-soi after soi 7).

They have Thai dishes which are mostly vegetarian (at least you can pick the meat out), soup, simple salads, breads, jams, cereals, various pickles including beetroot, cheese, eggs to order (dont know if you are vegan or vegetarian), yoghurt, decent coffee, juices and a rather nice cream fruit salad. And lots of porky things which you can ignore. 190B. Closes at 12.

I would say it's a good few steps up from Lek.

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Not quite what you're after but try breakfast/brunch at Hotel Danmark off Jomtien Beach Road (in the half-soi after soi 7).

They have Thai dishes which are mostly vegetarian (at least you can pick the meat out), soup, simple salads, breads, jams, cereals, various pickles including beetroot, cheese, eggs to order (dont know if you are vegan or vegetarian), yoghurt, decent coffee, juices and a rather nice cream fruit salad. And lots of porky things which you can ignore. 190B. Closes at 12.

I would say it's a good few steps up from Lek.

Interesting. You mean that it's well worth 190 thb ?

Thank you.

19 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Thank you.

Depends on how hungry you are when you go.

I go now and then when I want a lager B'fast, I have to be disciplined though, that last platefull can make me feel sick all day from overeating.

Edited by lou62

Went to the A One Hotel buffet last week, it was very ordinary and very Chinese, not even good quality Chinese.  Didn't cater for the western pallet at all and my Thai wife was only impressed with the king prawns. 

21 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

I think that it is, though perhaps less so for vegetarians. There are plenty of places in town that charge about the same for a fairly unexciting full English breakfast.

I wouldn't go there every day (though I suspect that some people do) but I find it makes an interesting change due to the Scandinavian influence. Variety is the spice of life.