Transfer Fees 2017-18

smokie36

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

The new normal until it isn't Ronnie. Nuts, but what isn't these days ?:cowboy:

How are you going to justify expenditure of 250m quid this summer?

I mean in FFP terms of course.

Personally it brings in better players to the Premiership which is a bonus in my viewing experience so don't really care too much.

Spurs will still demolish em. :biggrin:

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How are you going to justify expenditure of 250m quid this summer?

I mean in FFP terms of course.

Personally it brings in better players to the Premiership which is a bonus in my viewing experience so don't really care too much.

Spurs will still demolish em. :biggrin:

Ronnie

The spuds won NOWT last season..haven,t improved their squad while the other clubs have.........what should that tell you :sad:

Your new temporary "home" will be your graveyard...........lucky to make top four next season IMHO :whistling:

17 minutes ago, petermik said:

Ronnie

The spuds won NOWT last season..haven,t improved their squad while the other clubs have.........what should that tell you :sad:

Your new temporary "home" will be your graveyard...........lucky to make top four next season IMHO :whistling:

Well your lot didn't make top four last season pal so maybe ya should keep your mouth shut until the transfer window is shut.

There's a good lad. :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well your lot didn't make top four last season pal so maybe ya should keep your mouth shut until the transfer window is shut.

Wow you really do sound like Ronnie Pickering.....want a fight..a fight......fight ..  do ya know my name......wana fight....

As a Gooner...I hate myself for saying this.....but Spurs have quite a good team---if they can just keep them injury free for a whole season......:post-4641-1156694572:

40 minutes ago, petermik said:

Ronnie

It tells me that Fraudiola & Moanrinho cannot get the best out the players they have, they have to buy the best players, and now even the 2 best players in each position. They don't coach players and improve them, They just manage the best.

Whereas the likes of Poch and Klopp are good coaches, they develop talent and that is proven. 

31 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Wow you really do sound like Ronnie Pickering.....want a fight..a fight......fight ..  do ya know my name......wana fight....

As a Gooner...I hate myself for saying this.....but Spurs have quite a good team---if they can just keep them injury free for a whole season......:post-4641-1156694572:

Hurray we've a gooner at last. The Arsenal forum is all yours mate.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hurray we've a gooner at last. The Arsenal forum is all yours mate.

You probably have quite a few on here----but we tend to be a quite,  shy, unassuming, humble people in our outlook---so you may not have noticed us.......:wub:

Especially if you dont move more than 1,000 yards from Salford in any given year----

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It tells me that Fraudiola & Moanrinho cannot get the best out the players they have, they have to buy the best players, and now even the 2 best players in each position. They don't coach players and improve them, They just manage the best.

Whereas the likes of Poch and Klopp are good coaches, they develop talent and that is proven. 

Got to disagree there BB. Every single player applauds Pep's training and coaching and say they have improved under him. The problem we had last year was that some of the players couldn't play the way Pep wanted them to. Some weren't good enough and so off they go. Some are and so they stay. Simples.

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Got to disagree there BB. Every single player applauds Pep's training and coaching and say they have improved under him. The problem we had last year was that some of the players couldn't play the way Pep wanted them to. Some weren't good enough and so off they go. Some are and so they stay. Simples.

I'm talking about turning 3M players in to 30M players. Giving young players a go and developing the potential, apparently you have some very good ones, but he already admitted they won't get a sniff. Isn't being a good coach also about being able to bring young players in and develop them, integrate them, give them a chance.

It just seems to me both these managers walk in to top teams and spend a shit ton of money everywhere they go and then get hailed football master managers when they win the league by spending the most money. 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm talking about turning 3M players in to 30M players. Giving young players a go and developing the potential, apparently you have some very good ones, but he already admitted they won't get a sniff. Isn't being a good coach also about being able to bring young players in and develop them, integrate them, give them a chance.

It just seems to me both these managers walk in to top teams and spend a shit ton of money everywhere they go and then get hailed football master managers when they win the league by spending the most money. 

I think we'll start to see a few coming through this year BB, even if they are just in the cup rouns for starters. Fingers crossed.

Bob, Pep said just this week it's not about age but are they good enough (good enough he's picked them over the years). The better quality the established pros, the harder it is for kids to break through. The feeling is 17yr old Foden is very close (he looked as good as anything on the park vs ManU), Diaz is close and Jadon Sanchez will make it somewhere (seems he wants away). It's no coincidence though that City and Chelsea have dominated the youth cup in recent years, have loads of youngsters out on loan but few have come through.

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bob, Pep said just this week it's not about age but are they good enough (good enough he's picked them over the years). The better quality the established pros, the harder it is for kids to break through. The feeling is 17yr old Foden is very close (he looked as good as anything on the park vs ManU), Diaz is close and Jadon Sanchez will make it somewhere (seems he wants away). It's no coincidence though that City and Chelsea have dominated the youth cup in recent years, have loads of youngsters out on loan but few have come through.

Meanwhile at Tottenham more and more are gathering at the door to the first team.

Its no wonder we aren't in a huge rush to buy but perhaps managerial expectation plays its part as well.

Pep will be gone this season if it doesn't go well as we all know whereas Poch would not.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Pep will be gone this season if it doesn't go well as we all know whereas Poch would not.

Don't know why you have picked specifically on Pep as any manager will be gone if it doesn't go well (including Poch).  That has been proven season after season.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know why you have picked specifically on Pep as any manager will be gone if it doesn't go well (including Poch).  That has been proven season after season.

We both know that's not true.

Anyway we have the Wembley excuse this season as well. :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So you're saying if Spurs started the season with say 6 straight defeats Poch wouldn't be under pressure?

Put like that of course but we know that's never gonna happen. :passifier:

I'm talking about a slide out of the top four come May.

"...that's never going to happen". Different players I know but didnt the champions Chelsea do just that a couple of seasons back with a poor run which found them just above the the relegation places and Maureen out on his arse. It could happen Ronnie, probably won't, but it could.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"...that's never going to happen". Different players I know but didnt the champions Chelsea do just that a couple of seasons back with a poor run which found them just above the the relegation places and Maureen out on his arse. It could happen Ronnie, probably won't, but it could.

Not to our team now.

No chance as our 1st team are all fit and ready to go.

Have you even seen us play?

To beat us next season you will likely have to score at least three times.

On 07/31/2017 at 5:51 AM, petermik said:

Ronnie

and you know our squad isnt stronger because?  cos we havnt laid out huge is really  pretty sad state of affairs. remember that thing called bringing  youth through , it dont happen by not giving them game time or squad places well seems you and your  neighborshave really lost that plot.   weve been doing it and unlike  yours this is part of our managers plañ. shame you and your club seem to think large cash is the only way.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"shame you and your club seem to think large cash is the only way."

With ManU's youth track record think you badly misjudged your comment, oops!

Nice to see some honesty shine through over club ties. The top teams have an expectancy and pressure which makes bedding in youngsters a very difficult task to balance with the primary aim.Winning.  a few posters let their personal feelings cloud their judgement I think.

Archived