Rubber safety boots with steel toe caps and a steel sole

I wear my rubber boots 4 or 5 days a week when I cut down the grass and scrub on a couple of rai at home.

Sadly the wellies I bought 9 years ago in New Zealand have developed a leak in each boot and I need to replace them.

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and I would like to replace them and get ones with steel insoles as well as steel toecaps.

I would prefer to get western style up to the knee length, size 11 UK, and good thick rubber to lessen the impact of rocks and stones and the steel insole to stop odd bits of tree and rocks coming through.

I have looked on Lazada and ebay but they have really silly prices.

I looked in Global house a couple of weeks ago but they didn't seem to have any.

Can anyone help or suggest a way to get them?

Thanks

Bill

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling

42 minutes ago, tonray said:

http://thailand.redwingsafety.com/footwear-PPE-Thailand

Maybe contact and find retailers

Thank you for the information.

I looked up their site and it seems to be more towards the oil/gas/chemical industry rather than farming etc.

They do look really good quality though.

To contact them I have to go via their USA website .

I suspect that they will be too expensive for my needs of grass and scrub cutting.

I know that the home stores/diy places are much the same but I'm sure that I have seen some rubber boots with toe caps at do home, not that expensive I'm sure, maybe worth a trawl through the stores that are close to you, or even look at their web sites....

50 minutes ago, thoongfoned said:

I know that the home stores/diy places are much the same but I'm sure that I have seen some rubber boots with toe caps at do home, not that expensive I'm sure, maybe worth a trawl through the stores that are close to you, or even look at their web sites....

Mr. DYI has some in Bangkok 

26 minutes ago, tonray said:

There's a Mr. DIY second floor(US 2nd.) at The Mall Korat, opened

a month or so ago. There is also a store selling 3-M safety eqpt. and

shoes/boots a few doors to the R. of Klang(Crown) Plaza #1(the old

store) behind Ya Mo inside the city moat. Will be  by there tomorrow,

a block a way, so will try to take a look and get a #.

Another place to look is Tool Pro, I have a catalog from them(if I can

find it) from there store in Korat. It's where I have to go to get small

Metric taps as all places have US sizes.

rice555

5 hours ago, thoongfoned said:

5 hours ago, tonray said:

4 hours ago, rice555 said:

There's a Mr. DIY second floor(US 2nd.) at The Mall Korat, opened

a month or so ago. There is also a store selling 3-M safety eqpt. and

shoes/boots a few doors to the R. of Klang(Crown) Plaza #1(the old

store) behind Ya Mo inside the city moat. Will be  by there tomorrow,

a block a way, so will try to take a look and get a #.

Another place to look is Tool Pro, I have a catalog from them(if I can

find it) from there store in Korat. It's where I have to go to get small

Metric taps as all places have US sizes.

rice555

Thank you for your help guys.

Unfortunately I live some 200km from BKK and perhaps the same across country from Korat.

The cost of diesel for the truck and the overnights make the boots a tad expensive that way.

I picked up a catalog form the place today and it's "Cromwell", I think that

the store in Korat is just one of their outlets/contact points.

On page 805, I think this is what you are looking for? Or if you have a hot

compost heap (200C), the 2nd. pair will keep your toes from getting burnt.

If your interested, I will make a copy of how to order info page and will post

it here on the 3rd./4th. I haven't used the catalog sales, I've only bought items

in the store. The catalog is 816 pages, they gave me their counter copy.

For anyone in the Korat area, here's some pic's. The front of the store, to the

L. is a bike cycle shop, over the top of the shop is the tallest building inside

the city moat, you can see it when you come into Muang Korat on Hwy, 224

as you cross over the NK & Ubon tracks on the E. side of town, the tall

building is a hospital.

rice555

boots1.png

boots 2.png

BMC.png

Cromwell TH.png

g_banner slied2.jpg

map.jpg

8 minutes ago, rice555 said:

I picked up a catalog form the place today and it's "Cromwell", I think that

the store in Korat is just one of their outlets/contact points.

On page 805, I think this is what you are looking for? Or if you have a hot

compost heap (200C), the 2nd. pair will keep your toes from getting burnt.

If your interested, I will make a copy of how to order info page and will post

it here on the 3rd./4th. I haven't used the catalog sales, I've only bought items

in the store. The catalog is 816 pages, they gave me their counter copy.

For anyone in the Korat area, here's some pic's. The front of the store, to the

L. is a bike cycle shop, over the top of the shop is the tallest building inside

the city moat, you can see it when you come into Muang Korat on Hwy, 224

as you cross over the NK & Ubon tracks on the E. side of town, the tall

building is a hospital.

rice555

boots1.png

boots 2.png

BMC.png

Cromwell TH.png

g_banner slied2.jpg

map.jpg

Thank you very much for your help and information.

The first pair is just what I am looking for in size 11.

If your interested, I will make a copy of how to order info page and will post it here on the 3rd./4th. I haven't used the catalog sales, I've only bought items in the store.

I am definitely interested. I had a look in the 2 big villages locally today and I could only find size 11 in 1 shop from 5 and they were calf length with no protection and in a sort of plastic rather than rubber.

7 hours ago, rice555 said:

Cromwell info.png

Thank you very much for that information and catalogue.

They also do some good leather gloves, a back support belt and some much better safety goggles/glasses than I can get locally.

I will send them an email and call them tomorrow.

They are not too far from where my wifes family lives off the BangNa Trat highway.

Hi Bill.  I tried to order something from Cromwell sometime back and got the following email from them:

" Cromwell Tools Thailand can only supply Cromwell own Brand exclusive products from our Thai catalogue

We do not stock and cannot supply items that are not in our Thai catalogue as we are not authorised Agents In Thailand for other Brands

Thank you for your cooperation
"

Good luck!

7 hours ago, wayned said:

Hi Bill.  I tried to order something from Cromwell sometime back and got the following email from them:

" Cromwell Tools Thailand can only supply Cromwell own Brand exclusive products from our Thai catalogue

We do not stock and cannot supply items that are not in our Thai catalogue as we are not authorised Agents In Thailand for other Brands

"

Good luck!

Hi Wayne

I downloaded the section on PPE and contacted them with what I needed and asked for there nearest dealership, but that was only an hour ago so I will see what their response is by the end of the day.

Some of their stuff perhaps you as a farmer could use especially gloves, safety glasses/goggles and protective rubber boots.

I wil post my results on here when/if I get a response.

On 03/08/2017 at 3:45 AM, wayned said:

"

Good luck!

Wayne

I called the office in BKK and was put through to a delightful lady who spoke very good English.

I explained what I wanted to her and she suggested a place in Nakhon Sawan here.

Dear Mr.Bill,

Thank you for calling us please see below contact details for our dealer in Nakornsawan area as your request.

T.WATTANA HARDWARE CENTER CO., LTD. ( HEAD OFFICE )

11/8 MOO 2 PHAHOLYOTHIN RD.,

T.KLANGDED,A.MUANG NAKORNSAWAN

NAKORNSAWAN

Tel : 056802661

Contact name : K.Wiyuki

Thank you & Best regards,

Judy

Internal Sales Supervisor

Cromwell-Tools (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

2070 Moo1, Old Railway Rd.,

Samrong Nua, Mueng Samutprakarn,

Samutprakarn, 10270 Thailand

Tel : 02-7435353

Fax : 02-7435350, 02-7435355

Email : [email protected]

I went online and also Google Earth and it seems as though T.WATTANA HARDWARE CENTER is on the old highway going south towards BKK. I also did a google search for them and came up with this link.

https://map.longdo.com/p/A10089319/iphone?locale=en

I got my wife to talk to them this morning and they are indeed Cromwell dealers and seem to have the safety wellingtons I need.

If you use rice555 download links you can download the whole or parts of the catalogue whic is what I did.

I will be going down on Thursday to do a bulk shop and I will call in there to get my boots and perhaps see what else they have. I will get a photo and GPS co-ordinates as well. K Wiyuki told my wife that if I order something that they don't have in stock they will order it from BKK and notify her when it comes.

I went down to Nakhon Sawan this morning and found the place, NOT where I thought it was but a couple of hundred metres further south, just the other side of the Esso gas station.

The lady I spoke to spoke very good English and we spent about 20 minutes while she sent a man to do a boys job finding what I wanted. Unfortunately they only had rubber boots in size 10 or smaller and I need size 11. The gloves were not in stock, they googles were and the back support belt was only large in stock and I need extra large.

They will order the bits from BKK and give my wife a call when they have it all together and I will wander down in 2 or 3 weeks time to get the stuff and pay for it, around 2,000 baht I figure.

All in all they are farang friendly and very helpful too. They gave me the new catalogue version 9 with the new prices.

For anyone who needs that sort of stuff I thoroughly recommend the company, but you need call the head office first to find the nearest dealer to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get your boots from T. Wattana? 

I contacted Cromwell in Bangkok and received a catalog in the mail earlier this week,816 pages,from T. Wattana.  I contacted the guy in Bangkok about ordering on line and he told me that BOI won't let them do it and that I would have to buy trough the distributor, in my case T. Wattana is the closest, 110 kilometers.  He said that they really didn't stock much and that most things would have to be ordered from Bangkok which would take 3-4 days.  He did offer to take my order by email and he would see that the items are pre-shipped to T. Watttana so that I went they would be available. I'm going to contact T.Wattana and see if they will forward the order to me via EMS if I pay them via bank transfer. Effectively an on line order through the back door.

3 hours ago, wayned said:

Did you ever get your boots from T. Wattana? 

I contacted Cromwell in Bangkok and received a catalog in the mail earlier this week,816 pages,from T. Wattana.  I contacted the guy in Bangkok about ordering on line and he told me that BOI won't let them do it and that I would have to buy trough the distributor, in my case T. Wattana is the closest, 110 kilometers.  He said that they really didn't stock much and that most things would have to be ordered from Bangkok which would take 3-4 days.  He did offer to take my order by email and he would see that the items are pre-shipped to T. Watttana so that I went they would be available. I'm going to contact T.Wattana and see if they will forward the order to me via EMS if I pay them via bank transfer. Effectively an on line order through the back door.

T Wattana are very helpful but they don't carry that much stock in the "larger" sizes as most Thais are physically smaller than us farangs and the amount that we would order wouldn't justify holding that much stock that they may not sell. I think that they may well send the stuff via EMS as they are only about 7 km away and they are very helpful. I am 125 km away but it makes a change and a fair day out for me.

They had rubber boots in size 10 but not the size 11 which is the size I need. The same for the largest size of back support belt.

For most Thais the Honda brush cutter has the right length of drive shaft for them to use while standing vertically but I have to bend forward slightly which gives me a backache, hence the back support belt.