Travel insurance

Need some advice from other happy campers on TVF, 

In a few weeks me & Mrs GT will be heading to Singapore to catch the Orient Express for a few days, now as I'm sure that you are all aware this will entail traveling through the troubled Deep South,  I want to try and organise some travel insurance that would cover the cancellation of the trip should some Naredowell decides to have a go at the tracks, as we all know all insurance policies carry that nasty small print declaring that if due to Terrorism, civil unrest, civil war or all out war, they will not pay out. how can I cover myself for what is not a cheap trip ? 

The broker also told me that we can get covered from BKK to Singapore and through Malaysia but once we enter Thailand then the policy is null & void.

Any thoughts and recommendations gratefully received, Thanks :smile:   

Where will you be crossing into Thailand from Malaysia?        If you are traveling up the west coast of Malaysia via Butterworth (Penang) to Hat Yai then you will not be entering any of the areas that are (troubled), Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala.     My guess is this is the route the Orient Express will take  and if so I would not be worried about any terrorism problems.      

I have just dug out my 2006 Michelin road map, which I forgot I had, yes it looks as though the railway comes up along the West coast, before going East to Hat Yai where the branch line heads down to Pattani & Yala, So that should be okay, I did check on the various sites relating to E & O Express but the maps are pretty basic.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.