Mystery surrounds why foreign couple drowned dog at Jomtien beach

snoop1130

Mystery surrounds why foreign couple drowned dog at Jomtien beach

wsedrf.JPG

Thai social media was rife with debate after a video showed a foreign mother and daughter drowning a dog at Jomtien beach.

It was not known whether the dog was sick or the foreigners just couldn't take it home, reported Daily News.

The story was posted on a dog lovers page on Facebook called "rak ma".

Reporters went to Jomtien opposite soi 15 where they spoke to a deck chair woman called Kanya "Pa Paew" Mapcharoen, 60.

She said she saw it all and that the people concerned looked like a mother and daughter. The daughter had the small brown dog in a white cloth. They went into the sea some 20 meters and appeared to hold the dog down.

They came out and went in again and the second time it was clear to see they were killing the dog.

People were filming the incident. It was not reported if anyone tried to prevent the drowning.

Pa Paew said it made her very sad. Couldn't they have just let the dog die a natural death, or if they couldn't take it home they could have just left it here, she lamented.

A man who feeds the strays on the beach said he didn't see it but was shocked.

Daily News took pictures of several strays in the area but there was no word on the mysterious foreigners who killed their dog at the beach.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/588807

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-7-31

Pa Paew said it made her very sad. Couldn't they have just let the dog die a natural death, or if they couldn't take it home they could have just left it here, she lamented.

Un <deleted> believable. It seems to be clear that the dog was cared for ( carried in a white cloth) and was in pain. Getting a vet here to put down a dog is impossible even if the animal is in immense pain.

It's heartbreaking that they had to do this but I feel it was done with love.

Extremely sad. I would probably rather drown myself then kill my dog, but as is noted, putting a dog down here when it is suffering is incredibly difficult. I hope that was indeed the case, as drowning it for any other reason is totally despicable. Hope the hound finds its way to doggy heaven.

Perhaps it is beyond the comprehension of Thais that Westerners feel a dog should be put 'to sleep' humanely, rather than suffer a poor quality of life, perhaps in pain. Dogs don't really show pain and anyone who thinks Westerners aren't dog lovers, the way Thais are, needs to watch a few episodes of 'Supervet'.

I certainly see more suffering of dogs here.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A man who feeds the strays on the beach said he didn't see it but was shocked.

We need his photo and address so we can go round with a ton of dog shit and dump it in his garden.  Then switch on our car stereos with bass on full and play some barking music at 3am.

This weirdo is encouraging strays to spread disease on a family beach.

13 hours ago, thequietman said:

Un <deleted> believable. It seems to be clear that the dog was cared for ( carried in a white cloth) and was in pain. Getting a vet here to put down a dog is impossible even if the animal is in immense pain.

Not true they will do it but not advertise it

13 hours ago, thequietman said:

the  vet here in ubon said that she could not put down a dog as it was against Buddha! i asked her what would happen if an animal was suffering and in constant pain, she did not have an answer.

Yes I had a dog and could not find anyone who would put it out of its misery so I went out on

a country trail and did in the dog myself.  I buried it in a hold I dug and never went back to that

spot since.  The Buddhist thing is a strange thing to us tourists, and I do not plan to waste my

time trying to understand it.

Not sure why the two woman drowned this dog, but I guess they had their reasons.

Geezer

If it was done for the right reasons, good on them.

As one fine Buddhist local once said to me "I don't go fishing. I'm Buddhist", to which I asked "But you eat fish?" "Yes", he replied, "but I don't kill the fish".

How about a little less religion and little more common sense in the world. 

If the people were evil, I doubt it would have taken two attempts to do the deed, so a "mercy" killing does seem to be a viable explanation.

mrs farc's cat is an old ill thing (I know... not a dog), and I have already spoken to our vet about euthenasing it, and she agreed to do the deed, once quality of life was compromised to much ( my decision, not hers... or the cats)... I didn't have to shop around to find a willing vet.... I just had to explain the situation.

also, getting pets out of the country is very hard, especially if they are sick, which may also have been a factor.... although the choice of places for this deed was rather silly, regardless of the why.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

We need his photo and address so we can go round with a ton of dog shit and dump it in his garden.  Then switch on our car stereos with bass on full and play some barking music at 3am.

This weirdo is encouraging strays to spread disease on a family beach.

If I'm right it's this guy, he lives in a condo, and I don't think you would want to piss him off!

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Oh, dear! Another dog story. I just guess they are more important than everything else.

Why do you think this story is more important than anything else? And I have no respect for anyone at all who has no respect or empathy for other living things. Something very important missing in your character (not you in particular, unless you are guilty of not liking dogs).

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

the  vet here in ubon said that she could not put down a dog as it was against Buddha! i asked her what would happen if an animal was suffering and in constant pain, she did not have an answer.

Same with humans in the UK. Preserve life at all costs, no matter how painful and wretched it is. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

If it was done for the right reasons, good on them.

As one fine Buddhist local once said to me "I don't go fishing. I'm Buddhist", to which I asked "But you eat fish?" "Yes", he replied, "but I don't kill the fish".

How about a little less religion and little more common sense in the world. 

Now wouldn't that be nice! Personally, I think you're asking way too much of the human race.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why do you think this story is more important than anything else? And I have no respect for anyone at all who has no respect or empathy for other living things. Something very important missing in your character (not you in particular, unless you are guilty of not liking dogs).

Opps! I didn´t know there was a new kind of rule or law that can make people not liking dogs guilty of something. And, you where talking about missing in a persons character? Yeah, yeah, so much for that.
However, I do like dogs. I have 2 myself. 

The thing I am reacting over is all the talking and all the news about them. Maybe this story is heartbreaking and sad, but it´s just to much about dogs.

What I do stand for, regarding to my love for dogs, is that there must be rules for them.
My dogs come when i call them. They do not run everywhere. We go out with our dags daily. Therefore I will just tell you stright out. I have no love for soi dogs. Hera somebody just take care of them and keep then controlled, otherwise it´s just a bullet in the head that goes for me. Quite a mouthful of powerful character, wasn´t it?

And I have no respect for anyone at all who has no respect or empathy for other living things.

Err wouldn't the person who has
"no respect for other living things" themself be a living thing and so you are guilty yourself ?

4 hours ago, farcanell said:

If the people were evil, I doubt it would have taken two attempts to do the deed, so a "mercy" killing does seem to be a viable explanation.

mrs farc's cat is an old ill thing (I know... not a dog), and I have already spoken to our vet about euthenasing it, and she agreed to do the deed, once quality of life was compromised to much ( my decision, not hers... or the cats)... I didn't have to shop around to find a willing vet.... I just had to explain the situation.

also, getting pets out of the country is very hard, especially if they are sick, which may also have been a factor.... although the choice of places for this deed was rather silly, regardless of the why.

it is not hard to get pets out of the country, but its expensive and takes some time. i dont think drowning is a very humane way of dying, its a slow and horrible death! maybe they were desperate.

15 minutes ago, zzidenn said:

it is not hard to get pets out of the country, but its expensive and takes some time. i dont think drowning is a very humane way of dying, its a slow and horrible death! maybe they were desperate.

Getting pets out may be possible, but getting them into the next country without a legitimate clean bill of health is problematic.

Drowning may not be the best way to go, but it may have been the most humane one that was available to that family in their circumstances.

58 minutes ago, zzidenn said:

I've been looking into getting pets back into Australia... and it seems very hard, verging on impossible for an older cat, which has kidney problems, and includes 4 months quarantine in a different state to the one I'm from.

please PM me if you have any info that might help... or if you know of an agent that does this.... thanks (I've surfed the ag department website already, to little use)