Have spoke to a girl online for 3 months

Natgun

2 minutes ago, speckio said:

the fact she didn't let you pay for everything is a good sign in my book!.. 

You have to remember for all intensive purposes Thailand is a very conservative country and the fact that she still cares about what her mom thinks is exactly the type of girl I would want in my life because she would most likely show the same amount of respect towards my parents.

(sounds like pretty good upbringing imo)

If you like this girl and she likes you there is absolutely no reason to worry about sex.. it will happen on its own!

don't be a douche by trying to force sex on her when she isn't ready!

I am sure you heard all the stories of Thai women looking for a farang to pay for everything and take care of them and in allot of cases the women is only using him for his money. these are usually the women who you can get into bed within hours by spending some money on them and the type you should be careful of.

For all purposes she did seem like a good girl. However when she asked for money because nana is sick (seen Facebook pictures that she was in hospital she said she had 20000 baht but needed 25000) I am not a complete <deleted> I would help with the 5000 but does that then turn into a much bigger sum

cost of meal for 4 people was 2940? But wouldn't let me pay more then 2000 after offering to pay full bill night was just at a sports bar in nana drinking beer meal was soup and some cabbage stir fry thing 

She arrived met her at 10am then by 11 45 she was putting out just wouldn't stay the night 

there was no mention of gifts

in light of things I am a little more confused then anything. She seemed very caring even asked me if I had enough money to catch the taxi back to airport it was 200 baht or she would pay... yes I did laugh no worries paying 200baht

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Natgun I haven't read all the comments yet and probably ( many ) members are thinking or even saying the same as what I think.

YOU YOU YOU first be sure about what YOU want in the long term. If you are sure about wanting  a long term relationship then I think that can be done even with a Thai girl/ woman/ wife but there will be many influences at her side even If she is still very young.

There's parents,family children? former boyfriends or husband? etc etc. Nothing of that will show in the short term but............Beware that choosing a Thai partner for long term relation always was and always will be a high risk factor bet if you want to enjoy the rest of your life and considering your age there should be a lot of "happy" life be left for you.

12 hours ago, Natgun said:

I went and. Met her last week she paid 50/50 for airfares and wouldn't let me pay for anything while I was there 

However I did pay for the night when we went out and had a couple of beers with her sister and brother in law 

she said she wouldn't stay the night with me because her mother would be mad if she was away ( don't understand as she doesn't live with her) 

i know there are some odd things that happen in Thailand I just want some advice 

may this turn out bad later on? 

I am 27 and she is 23

Is she hot?

Is her sister hot?

How about the brother-in-law?

Just now, NanLaew said:

Is she hot?

Is her sister hot?

How about the brother-in-law?

She's good looking 

Sister- I do enjoy by balls thank you very much 

brother in law- not that way inclined  and he did seem a little up himself 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You're right Ken. I did similar to you. Contrary to the myth propagated by the bar stool whoring brigade, most Thai ladies are quite conservative. They expect a relationship to develop and to go somewhere. Usually that entails a serious relationship, marriage and children.

Yeah, like no "bar stool whoring brigade" member ever managed to get into "a serious relationship, marriage and children."

Ever.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The ones who spend all their time with bar girls and whores sadly never bother to experience a real relationship or meet ladies outside the sex trade.

And this sweeping generalization obviously cannot be based on personal experience, so what precise reasoning is it based on exactly?

Edited by NanLaew

44 minutes ago, Natgun said:

For all purposes she did seem like a good girl. However when she asked for money because nana is sick (seen Facebook pictures that she was in hospital she said she had 20000 baht but needed 25000) I am not a complete <deleted> I would help with the 5000 but does that then turn into a much bigger sum

cost of meal for 4 people was 2940? But wouldn't let me pay more then 2000 after offering to pay full bill night was just at a sports bar in nana drinking beer meal was soup and some cabbage stir fry thing 

She arrived met her at 10am then by 11 45 she was putting out just wouldn't stay the night 

in light of things I am a little more confused then anything. She seemed very caring even asked me if I had enough money to catch the taxi back to airport it was 200 baht or she would pay... yes I did laugh no worries paying 200baht

Despite going halves on airfare and having chaperones, you dined at the bottom-end of Sukhumvit, then she put out on the first date well before dinner with the chaperones and (sort of) asked for money.

She is a (short time) long gamer so have fun but it doesn't need to get any further than that.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, Foozool said:

Is it a fact or fiction story ❓?

I don't know about others, but I don't buy it.  ?

Yep ,    the err lady is too good to be true / or just  another jackanory  bed time story .

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Two good signs, she paid half of airfare and would not sleep with you. That would most likely be the reaction of a good girl. Also bringing along chaperones, the sister and brother-in-law, so the meeting is on the up and up is common among good girls, but also common among not so good girls who want you to spring for a night out for her friends.   If you liked what you saw, I'd have another meeting. However, as many here will tell you, watch it, be very suspicious and keep your head about you.

if she was a "not so good girl", doubtful she would spring for 1/2 airfare...

speaking as a sometimes professional "not so good girl" in the past, i would say she seems totally 

"on the up and up", i myself would NEVER pay for a man unless 1)i really liked him or 2)thought he was "the one"

or 3)he was already "the one" and i was committed to sharing my life and all else with him 

DO keep your wits about you, but sounds as if you have a good girl!!! have fun, don't be pushy,

respect her relatives and friends, and good luck to you- wishing you happiness 

'

To me it looks quite okey. I would like to hear somebody in this forum, that has the experiance of getting half of their airfare payed buy a girl they just spoke over Internet with. Guess we will not find one.
What you will find, though, is complainers. The ones that think they know all but in reality nothing. Another good thing was that you didn´t have to pay for more than one night out. The third positive is that she just not run off to bed with you. That it should be something suspicious with her reason, is far from true. I know many girls that, the last thing they do before sleeping, call their mother and family every day. If they then want to look good to family they ain´t gonná want to do that with a foreigner suddenly by their side.

I guess there always can be a chance that she in some kind of strange way tries to fool you into feeling secure around her. It seems far fetched though. If somebody start to behvae in a certian way on the first dates it´s hard to change that later. That will raise warning signs in your life. If you like what happened and your experiance with her, I would say give it a go. Have both heard and seen much more horrible stories than yours. This one actually sounds a bit cute.

Cynicism here has reached a new high when the lack of red flags is a red flag. 

Keep dating her, learn more about her, have fun, see how it goes.

Take the negative and paranoid comments on this  forum  with a grain of salt. 

Think with your brain, if she starts asking for money then maybe it's time to reconsider but everything seems fine and normal to me. 

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

Two good signs, she paid half of airfare and would not sleep with you. That would most likely be the reaction of a good girl. Also bringing along chaperones, the sister and brother-in-law, so the meeting is on the up and up is common among good girls, but also common among not so good girls who want you to spring for a night out for her friends.   If you liked what you saw, I'd have another meeting. However, as many here will tell you, watch it, be very suspicious and keep your head about you.

So you really think she spent a few $ hundred to pay for half his plane ticket here so she could scam him out of six bucks worth of Som tam for her chaperones?

I don't see anything she did that would warrant him being VERY suspicious. 

Being overly suspicious is s relationship killer, especially if she's given him no reason to be suspicious. 

Let's list her crimes. 

1 Paid for half his plane ticket 

2 Brought two chaperones 

3 Wouldn't sleep with him on the first date. 

Hmmm

5 hours ago, cooked said:

You expected her to sleep with you a few hours after meeting her accompanied by  chaperones?

Going to a brothel would work out cheaper in the long run.

However her excuse for not doing so seems suspicious, she's done this before.

They were skyping for 3 months dude. Some skype sex would have been normal in that time frame and real sex on the first face to face date would also be totally normal. To answer the OP, you ask questions that don't deserve responses. Be a big boy. 

she was right to bring some friends and family along... you could just as well turn out to be a thai murdering psychopath....my advice would be to bribg some thai friends along as well and have them check her out.... my thai friends always want to see who i am dating and they will give me their honest opinion. if you dont have thai friends, go find some! 

actually this advice applies to almost every expat here on the forum . People always come with questions that make me wonder if their only interactions here are with bar girls or internet dates. how can you survive without friends? 

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

To me it looks quite okey. I would like to hear somebody in this forum, that has the experiance of getting half of their airfare payed buy a girl they just spoke over Internet with. Guess we will not find one.
What you will find, though, is complainers. The ones that think they know all but in reality nothing. Another good thing was that you didn´t have to pay for more than one night out. The third positive is that she just not run off to bed with you. That it should be something suspicious with her reason, is far from true. I know many girls that, the last thing they do before sleeping, call their mother and family every day. If they then want to look good to family they ain´t gonná want to do that with a foreigner suddenly by their side.

I guess there always can be a chance that she in some kind of strange way tries to fool you into feeling secure around her. It seems far fetched though. If somebody start to behvae in a certian way on the first dates it´s hard to change that later. That will raise warning signs in your life. If you like what happened and your experiance with her, I would say give it a go. Have both heard and seen much more horrible stories than yours. This one actually sounds a bit cute.

I guess you missed the OP's additional gem of information (page 2).

4 hours ago, Natgun said:

Sorry what wasn't mentioned was she was incredibly quick to jump into bed.... staying the night however was a no go ...

1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

So you really think she spent a few $ hundred to pay for half his plane ticket here so she could scam him out of six bucks worth of Som tam for her chaperones?

Being overly suspicious is s relationship killer, especially if she's given him no reason to be suspicious. 

Let's list her crimes. 

2 Brought two chaperones 

Hmmm

They had 'brunch' in his hotel bedroom, before the chaperoned dinner date. See below from page 3.

3 hours ago, Natgun said:

Now that we are all on the same page, can you let us know if your original opinion on the OP's first date has changed any?

Edited by NanLaew

6 hours ago, davidst01 said:

I agree,

the fact that she wasnt so 'easy' is better isnt it. why do you expect to get her on the 1st night?

:post-4641-1156693976: feeding the Troll, this looks like a Troll post, he is all over the place, 'she wouldn't spend the night, 'no sex', then 'she was quick to jump in bed' 'didn't ask for money', but 'asked for 5,000 baht to pay for nana's hospital bills'  

Been in SE Asia 45 years and I have never has a girl from any country pay half my airfare,   wouldn't   accept it anyway if they had.  

I'd say go with your gut instinct. It will be 99% right. Your heart will betray your mind so don't get too caught up with the love at first sight thing. I don't think having sex right away is necessarily bad if she's really into you. Just take it slow and get to know her and keep firm on how much money you give if she's asking for some.

6 hours ago, jenifer d said:

if she was a "not so good girl", doubtful she would spring for 1/2 airfare...

speaking as a sometimes professional "not so good girl" in the past, i would say she seems totally 

"on the up and up", i myself would NEVER pay for a man unless 1)i really liked him or 2)thought he was "the one"

or 3)he was already "the one" and i was committed to sharing my life and all else with him 

DO keep your wits about you, but sounds as if you have a good girl!!! have fun, don't be pushy,

respect her relatives and friends, and good luck to you- wishing you happiness 

'

Some women are different; thankfully. My Vietnamese wife would not let a man pay; she considered it an insult--of course, she had money.

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

:post-4641-1156693976: feeding the Troll, this looks like a Troll post, he is all over the place, 'she wouldn't spend the night, 'no sex', then 'she was quick to jump in bed' 'didn't ask for money', but 'asked for 5,000 baht to pay for nana's hospital bills'  

Been in SE Asia 45 years and I have never has a girl from any country pay half my airfare,   wouldn't   accept it anyway if they had.  

No trolling going on here I'm starting to think it I've either had incredible luck here or you are all stumpedIMG_0028.thumb.JPG.afa3fc3b9b0d6bb683141d77eb2025fd.JPGIMG_0027.thumb.JPG.09d465b9dc506b302ec57c8c289ee853.JPG

5 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Let's list her crimes. 

2 Brought two chaperones 

Hmmm

Been reading long?  Was what I said that difficult to understand? 

And, why be suspicious? Well, have you read many stories on TV? Used to know a bar girl who would buy her customers drinks, give back any tips they gave her and then rob them blind when she got to their hotel room. Suspicion does not have to evoke jealousy, mistrust or excessive possessiveness.

A word of wisdom my friend, always keep your wits about you and be suspicious.