Malaysian tourist drowns in Central Pattaya after round of golf with friends

webfact

Malaysian tourist drowns in Central Pattaya after round of golf with friends

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

PATTAYA: -- A Malaysian tourist who had just finished a round of golf went out swimming alone and drowned, Pattaya police reported.

Fifty five year old Mohd Zaki Bin Abdul Hamid was pulled to shore by another tourist after he saw a hand sticking up out of the water 50 meters offshore.

Police and medics were called but when they arrived the victim - dressed in black shirt and black pants - was already dead and could not be revived despite CPR.

Friends of the victim said they had all come from Malaysia on a golf tour and had just finished a round on Monday morning when their friend said he was going swimming alone.

The body has been sent for autopsy.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-01

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Swimming in long pants creates more weight than many realize.

RIP

it doesn't create weight in the water as it is water in water but it does create drag and severely hamper someone trying to swim especially if they are not a strong swimmer, I have a bronze cross and Bronze Medallion in life saving and amongst other things had to tow someone quite a distance both wearing clothing to qualify, did it a long time ago.

This person just got caught out and got into difficulty and nobody noticed

maybe the guy was at the 19th out on a jolly with friends and decided he needed to cool off by going in the water, maybe his friends should have been keeping an eye on him - maybe maybe maybe - it seems he thought it was a good idea to go swimming  with his clothes on .....................................................................join the dots...................well I just did

RIP

12 hours ago, chopper23 said:

Dress in all black sounds like he was ready to go, you never knows what's going on in peoples minds.

22 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Swimming in long pants creates more weight than many realize.

RIP

Malaysians regularly swim with most of their clothes on, mostly black as well for some reason, when staying in a hotel in Malaysia i looked down on the pool from high up in my room, it was like a giant bowl of cocoa pops!!

I guess seeing the victim dressed in  traditional garb I would have carried out CPR too (the C is for Cronulla)...a couple of stomps on the chest, a wave with a hanky, and a "sorry mate I can see a box jellyfish on your face, but I've only got enough enough vinegar left for my chips'.

Rest In Paradise. May all your virgins look like Susan Boyle.

Not to self....slow down on the Changs before posting.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, smedly said:

it doesn't create weight in the water as it is water in water but it does create drag and severely hamper someone trying to swim especially if they are not a strong swimmer, I have a bronze cross and Bronze Medallion in life saving and amongst other things had to tow someone quite a distance both wearing clothing to qualify, did it a long time ago.

This person just got caught out and got into difficulty and nobody noticed

Do the swimming areas extend out 50 meters? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Even if they do, there are no lifeguards.

If he was outside the swimming area, he could have been struck by a speed boat.