Road rage knife man turns himself in - and is fined just 500 baht!

webfact

Road rage knife man turns himself in - and is fined just 500 baht!

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO1QYg8mVDIQ2QizGO.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A man caught on film attacking another motorist with a sword has received the lightest fine imaginable from Chonburi police.

For the dual offences of having a weapon in a public place and causing annoyance to others by parking in the middle of the road Vios driver Khanthawut Sakhornsukhon, 31, was fined 500 baht.

The shocking video showed him open the car door of another vehicle and start punching and fighting with its occupant who had an opportunity to drive away but did not.

But the fight was not just fists.

At one point Khanthawut went back to his black Vios and retrieved a sword from the back seat. The other driver took off as he wielded the weapon at the side of the car.

The incident happened in broad daylight outside the Sri Ayudyha bank on Sethakit Road in Muang district of Chonburi.

What would have happened if the other driver had stayed at the scene is anybody's guess.

Like many before him, Khanthawut apologized to society and advised people not to copy his behavior.

"Be nice to each other folks," he said as he paid his 500 baht and went on his way back to his auto parts dealership.

Apparently the pair had been dueling on the highway since the by-pass with Khathawut finally driving in front of the other vehicle that led to the altercation coming to a head. The two have since shaken hands and agreed to let the matter rest.

Officer Somchoke Taphon handling the case just advised the public to turn the other cheek and be kind to each other on the roads.

This kind of thing just wastes time and money, he was quoted as saying by Thai Rath who made no comment on the size of the fine.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-02

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"A man caught on film attacking another motorist with a sword ...."

Only in Thailand could a man be fined B500 by the police  no less, for assault with a deadly weapon. In countries with a proper legal system, the case would be decided in a court of law on whether it was a misdemeanor or a felony, based on various factors.

This dick head, the quoted owner of "an auto parts dealership", probably managed a donation to the Police Benevolent Fund prior to agreeing to be a good boy in future and paying his pathetic fine..:bah:

(I like his " CALL OF THE SURF" shirt.)

In Thailand in many cases, up to and including murder, the BIB replace the courts as deciders of guilt and punishment. I don't know if they actually have the legal authority to do this, especially in major crimes like murder, or whether they have assumed it unilaterally.

To save later explanation, a friend's brother was murdered in a drunken brawl. The BIB arranged for him to pay (IIRC) B5000/month for 100 months to BIB who would pass it on to the dead man's family, minus 10% commission. No further action would be taken if he complied in full.

2 hours ago, z42 said:

A bag of tablets = 50 years. Pick some mushrooms = 15 years. Sell some copied discs = 3 years. Road rage attack using a knife = 500 baht.

For christ sake what a shower of $#ite ?

....Skint Farang = 2 semesters in a Government School

4 hours ago, webfact said:

This kind of thing just wastes time and money, he was quoted as saying by Thai Rath

i see; so he was advocating NO FINE; good, i want to see when he works and take all my enemies there and knife them in front of him; maybe he will say the same thing; 500 baht/person; maybe even a discount; what a USELESS person. much less an affront to being in law enforcement

Is there any chance that the aggrieved party understands that the guilty party has lost face here through both his actions and the fine being highly publicized? Thus, by default and because no one was hurt and no damage was done, the aggrieved wins.

I don't know, man. I'm trying to rationalize the completely freaking irrational. I will tell you this, I have lived in Vientiane for over 11 years now, and there's a gap a heck of a lot wider than the Mekong separating Thai and Lao folks.

I guess at the very least we know the outcome of this idiots actions.

What about the taxi driver that hacked the American to death with a sword on Sukhumvit Rd near Ekamai about 5 years ago??

What was the outcome of that?

1000 baht fine??

did somebody slip some acid into my coffee this morning?

i can't believe some of the stories on TV this morning.

good thing the cops cleared this case up fast to go after the "beer pretties".

Edited by NCC1701A

2 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

aggravated assault for 500 baht. thailand 4.0 looking good so far. anyone care to guess what the penalty would have been if this Khantawut character is a farang?

amazing thailand!

Have to be a year or two in the bad place I would guess at the very least. certainly not a 500 baht fine.

3 hours ago, z42 said:

A bag of tablets = 50 years. Pick some mushrooms = 15 years. Sell some copied discs = 3 years. Road rage attack using a knife = 500 baht.

A sword.

3 hours ago, z42 said:

I guess he was burning a bundle of incense at the local temple making merit that they did not catch him for feeding fish in the ocean...

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

did somebody slip some acid into my coffee this morning?

i can't believe some of the stories on TV this morning.

good thing the cops cleared this case up fast to go after the "beer pretties".

I want some of your coffee! The reality of the jo would e better than the reality of this spot.

4 hours ago, over it said:

The penalty is really an enabler. What's the deterrent? I will say it again; Thailand will never develop from a third world country until they develop the men in this society.

Please name another nation which could serve as a model for this 'third world country'. Yours, perhaps ?

Edited by Yann55