Best recommended Times for border crossing from Nong khai

8So whilst we are on about immigration,

Can anyone who has been confirm the time Loas immigration visa on arrival window opens. So many conflicting reports from 0600 to 0800. Anyone with first hand knowledge? Friendship bridge 1 Nong Khai only please.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1

Just an update from Laos.. arrived at border at 12:30, my girlfriend had to use the new electric gate which of course didn't work haha... but we we on clear of Thai immigration within 5 minutes after filling in my girl and sons TM.6.
Bus came within 2 mins so it was going well.
Even better when arrived at Laos immigration window, I was the only 1 there, paid the money had passport back 2 minutes later... so quick!!
Only problem we had was haggling with the taxis... in my pervious visits I've always got a private car and paid him 500/600฿ and this is for him to take me to embassy - wait- take me to hotel - collect following day to collect passport and then back to the bridge.
Now for what ever reason they wanted 600฿ a day, we got him down to 1200฿ in total for all as the same as previous taxis I've used.
Anyway just the joys now of going the embassy in a few hours, let's hope I'm as lucky today as I was yesterday in regards to timings!!

Scott

Just an update from Laos.. arrived at border at 12:30, my girlfriend had to use the new electric gate which of course didn't work haha... but we we on clear of Thai immigration within 5 minutes after filling in my girl and sons TM.6.
Bus came within 2 mins so it was going well.
Even better when arrived at Laos immigration window, I was the only 1 there, paid the money had passport back 2 minutes later... so quick!!
Only problem we had was haggling with the taxis... in my pervious visits I've always got a private car and paid him 500/600฿ and this is for him to take me to embassy - wait- take me to hotel - collect following day to collect passport and then back to the bridge.
Now for what ever reason they wanted 600฿ a day, we got him down to 1200฿ in total for all as the same as previous taxis I've used.
Anyway just the joys now of going the embassy in a few hours, let's hope I'm as lucky today as I was yesterday in regards to timings!!

Scott

Also I should have mentioned there was no Thai immigration counter on the Thai side leaving Thai they are all together, just wondering if any one knows if it's the same when entering Thailand from Laos tomorrow. As don't want have to leave my family alone while I'm queuing for long time entering Thai.
Any info again very helpful and if there is any way around it??

Just to keep everyone who provided info on my post with an update. It was so easy. Left Thai embassy at 1340 and was sitting in my car on Thai side at 1440.

Got the non -o no problem.

also I got my TM6 before leaving Thailand to cut an extra 10 mins filling it out while leaving Laos!!

I wish all visa runs could be this easy!!

Anyway thx for all that helped me in this post.

Edited by scottyp1980

49 minutes ago, scottyp1980 said:

Just to keep everyone who provided info on my post with an update. It was so easy. Left Thai embassy at 1340 and was sitting in my car on Thai side at 1440.

Got the non -o no problem.

also I got my TM6 before leaving Thailand to cut an extra 10 mins filling it out while leaving Laos!!

I wish all visa runs could be this easy!!

Anyway thx for all that helped me in this post.

I have a stach of TM 6 forms will use them for lighting fires when i burn rubbish now as new ones will be in before i go again lol.

• Like 1