Retirement extension of stay - combination income method

my income is thb40000 per month for which I shall obtain the usual income affidavit from my embassy, so that's 25000 short of the required 65000 for monthly income for the indicated extension of stay...so, we could say that:

25000 x 12 months = 300000 would be required to be deposited in my thai bank account with 3 months seasoning time requiring me to present a passbook and a letter from the bank when I apply for my extension on the basis of monthly income...

now:

40000 x 12 = 480000 for which I can obtain an income affidavit and 800000 per year is required for the same retirement extension of stay...on this basis:

800000 - 480000 = 320000 is the amount which would need the same seasoning and etc as described above...

has anyone tried this method? using monthly or yearly income? my understanding of police order #44 is that both are allowed for the combo income method...

before I never had to bother as I was in work but now that I am old, decrepit and officially destitute I am forced to be 'creative'...

thanx in advance...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I think you will find that if using the combo method income + money in the bank must total 800,000. 

You should also take account of any possible exchange rate movements which would have a deleterious effect on income,

• Like 1

You have to have a total of annual income and money in the bank to reach 800k baht.

In your case you will need at least 320k baht in the bank. The rules do not mention the money has to be in the bank for any amount of time for the combination option but some offices want it to be in the bank for 3 months on the date your apply (60 days if first extension).

9 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

has anyone tried this method? using monthly or yearly income? my understanding of police order #44 is that both are allowed for the combo income method...

A few in my neck of the woods use the combination method for retirement extensions without any issues.

Not seen any reports of anyone else having problems at Immigration either.

37 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A few in my neck of the woods use the combination method for retirement extensions without any issues.

Not seen any reports of anyone else having problems at Immigration either.

I can, however, recall reports on here of problems caused by the unofficial seasoning requirement alluded to by ubonjoe in the post before yours.

Fortunately the OP appears (wisely IMHO) to be proceeding on the basis that seasoning will be required in his case.

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I can, however, recall reports on here of problems caused by the unofficial seasoning requirement alluded to by ubonjoe in the post before yours.

Fortunately the OP appears (wisely IMHO) to be proceeding on the basis that seasoning will be required in his case.

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or

(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand
less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or

(5) Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totaling no less than
Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

UJ is perfectly correct that under section (5) there is no requirement to season deposited funds.

However some offices still request the period of seasoning. TIT.

thanks for the responses...the extension 'renewal' won't be until Dec but gotta think about gettin' the funds in place now so as to be prepared for any seasoning requirement...

and it looks like the combo method can only be used with the 800000 yearly amount and not 65000 per month as well as I had presumed, good to know...320000 it is, then...better than tying up the full 800000 whack and I'll need the dosh for expenses during the year anyway...

Edited by tutsiwarrior