Mystery surrounds death of Korean man who fell at View Talay Condo in Pattaya this morning

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

So expect a definitive ruling within hours.  'Elementary my dear Watson, we have his shoes.'

Well done to the RTP, they didn't bother to check the balcony he jumped from since they already found his shoes.  

5 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Actually the balcony railings are quite high on the newer View Talay buildings- but in this case the poor guy went to the roof. Why a reference to hotels ? It's a condo block. 

23 is far far too young. He had his whole life in front of him- it's very sad. 

He didn't go to the roof of VT5; he fell on the roof of a car. 

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

The sad and telling fact about the comments posted regarding this story , which I for one have come to expect, and am seldom dissapointed, is the certain fact that these posters have become totally desensitised to the tragic death of a fellow human being. This person was the son of a mother and father, may have had brothers and sisters left behind and loved ones. Has all compassion left their beings (if it was ever thwre to begin with) and been replaced with cynical contempt and a  lack of decency.

RIP dear fellow traveller and condolences to all your family and loved ones.

You are so right on that and the pain for some will never end as always asking themselves WHY.

So do I ask why as there are so many of these in this family resort where everyone is happy.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

He didn't go to the roof of VT5; he fell on the roof of a car. 

From the Kaosod article:

“From the CCTV footage, we saw that

he walked from his room (15th floor)

up to the roof on the 22nd floor alone,

before jumping off”,

Lt. Cpt. Kewaleesiri Phasukthanapaisal of Pattaya City said.

Edited by Pattaya46

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Cops must have a new crime solving guide book. First time I have ever heard Pattaya cops use the word murder for someone who fell/jumped/was pushed off a tall building. The old guide book only had suicide as the obvious cause. Progress comes, even to Thailand.

You're 100% correct on the BIB using that word.

Even when they find one hanging, with both hands and feet tied and nothing around the that could have been used to stand is ruled a suicide.

LeoTex

13 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Dont forget that a lot of hotels have very low rails on the balconies. A lot of people have fallen over them in the past, being drunk makes it easier

In all seriousness this is true about the low balconies.  And many people really do get stone faced drunk, stumble out on the balcony for a look see and over they go.  Of course we rarely get the follow up.  Were things stolen from the room, wallet missing, etc.  But the way the police and photographers flood into the scene, any evidence taken, left or missing is highly compromised

7 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Why is it that Thais never fall down from the balcony?

They do if you read the local Thai news. But on Thaivisa we only hear about foreigners most of the time. Lots of Thais choose suicide as an easy way out. 

13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

They checked the CCTV already, and saw him going *alone* from his room to the roof.

I really don't understand why some guys here want this case to be a murder ??

More details would be needed.  What CCTV saw him?  Do they have CCTV way up on the roof?  I doubt it.  Did they have a CCTV in the hallway and they saw him go into a stairwell door?  That doesn't mean he walked on his own up to the roof.  Do they have an elevator CCTV that maybe showed him push a button to the roof?  I doubt it since few elevators go all the way to the roof.  They by design almost have to stop one or more floors below the roof.  Most roofs are usually blocked or locked.  Was this one wide open and un secured?

6 hours ago, inThailand said:

Yes the balcony railings are low and do not meet normal standards,  //

People keep repeating this but it's fully false. All condos that I know where someone checked, the height of balcony railing respect European standards, even in my condo that is 25 yo.

And to come back on topic, 

higher balcony railing wouldn't have stop him to jump from the roof.

This guy goes to the roof at 2:30AM  and  is doing What at that hour, enjoying the view,

or just decided that Thailand was the place he would end it. RIP, 23 and Korean, very

stressful time, University and maybe failing grades?

Geezer

On 8/4/2017 at 4:25 AM, balo said:

They do if you read the local Thai news. But on Thaivisa we only hear about foreigners most of the time. Lots of Thais choose suicide as an easy way out. 

CSI: TVF chooses not to "investigate" the Thai deaths so the forum threads quickly disappear.

Because of continuous criticism the BiB only masking their investigation by saying it is being investigated as a possibleurder, their internal file is already closed with suicide stamped across. Yes,I  am cynic 

On 8/4/2017 at 9:59 AM, tryasimight said:

Pattaya is now an island? Learn something new everyday on TVF.

That deepens on how you look at it in ones mind with what goes on there you could imagine it to be an island of something but I think most people know it attached to the rest of the country UNFORTUNATELY.

On 04/08/2017 at 3:54 AM, inThailand said:

Yes the balcony railings are low and do not meet normal standards,

I disagree. The railings in the various VT buildings I have seen seem fine to me, though I would not let a baby near them.

I have seen very low railings in other buildings though.