Video: Soldier points gun at famous singer because he wouldn't shake hands

webfact

Video: Soldier points gun at famous singer because he wouldn't shake hands

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video being widely shared on Thai social media showed a drunk man pointing a gun in the face of popular Thai singer and guitarist "Poo" Pongsit Kamphee as he performed on stage.

Security were soon on the scene and amid the cheers of the crowd the man with the gun was subdued and taken to police.

He was named as airman Phoptrai Narksuwan, 48.

Amnat Charoen police told Daily News that the man was drunk and had wanted to shake the singer's hand but he did not offer his hand in return as he was performing.

So the airman pulled out a 9mm gun to threaten him and pointed it in his face. There were five bullets in the gun.

The incident happened at the Tawan Daeng nightspot around 1am on Thursday morning.

Police said that the gun is legally owned by the airman and had been bought from the military.

He was charged with threatening behavior and carrying a weapon in public.

A comment on the Mem Pho Dam page on Facebook said that the singer was unfazed by the incident.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-04

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a drunk idiot waves a loaded gun around because his ego was battered so easily.

This is the calibre of people in the armed forces. It obviously looks bad enough on first glance, but this is just pathetic. 

Wonder if the gunman will get any more punishment. If i was a betting man, my money would be on the uploader of the video to lose a ton of cash fighting spurious defamation suits.

I would say we'll see about that, but dreadful follow up reporting means we very likely won't

Edited by z42

I was at a party a few years back, I sang a few songs, this guy wanted me to sing "Yesterday"...Which I did.....Think my stint had finished and sat down, had a beer and went home..

Later told the "Yesterday" man pulled a 9mm on the karaoke guy cos he weren't happy...

Now whether he was looking for me or not I never found out.....sun.gif.67a0cb46147ca8b8d88604ef354c3703.gif

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

Trans, when you sing your songs, do the ladies throw their pantaloons at you, as they allegedly do to Tom Jones?

:clap2:

Sadly no, but Mrs.Trans started feeding me cabbage..Where that idea came from I have no idea.......ashamed-smiley-emoticon.png.1c8e8f6a4db010afbd351c5c71da9f47.png

What a retard.

Just too many things wrong here.

Air Farce? Packing pistols??? In public???

I'm a die-hard fan of the "Right to Bear Arms", and I do so where it's legal, but this is total insanity.

It gives us responsible gun owners a bad name.

I say......drag him to the nearest tall tree with a short rope in hand.

16 minutes ago, faraday said:

Trans, when you sing your songs, do the ladies throw their pantaloons at you, as they allegedly do to Tom Jones?

:clap2:

TOO Funny! I actually had that happen to me in 1998. I had never heard of Tom Jones at the time & he happened to be on TV.

She threw her panties at me!

8 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

TOO Funny! I actually had that happen to me in 1998. I had never heard of Tom Jones at the time & he happened to be on TV.

She threw her panties at me!

Might have been her mum's, just for you......classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.91dcb4dc20032262f602d92b8f0bd0ae.gif

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

Amazing Thailand- where you take a gun to a music pub and actually can get it inside!

I pack a Sig Sauer .357 almost everywhere I go in the USA. I'd never DREAM of taking it into a drinking establishment.....Granted Tawan Daeng is not a go-go bar...I've been there several times, got sauced & took a taxi home. There are many people sauced up, having a good time.

Bringing a pistol out and waving it around can get you 5 years or better in a country where people have an iota of brains...Err, where laws are enforced I should say.