Kasikorn Bank OTP problems?

Currently in Europe. Trying to do a K-bank account to another K-Bank transfer. Keep getting, "We are experiencing problems with OTP service."

Anyone else getting this? With all the scams and malware floating about, I get a bit nervous when anything out of the ordinary happens when doing any  online banking.

Just (20:44 h Thai time) tried a change of transaction limit.

OTP received and used without problems.

I am in Thailand.

Your Thai SIM card is correctly booked/roamed in your European network?

No chance that the SIM card has expired?

khunbeng, I wasn't aware you could do this online, so it changes your daIly ATM withdrawal amount?. or just the amount you can transfer ?  Whereabouts on the menu page is this please?

OP, KBank have a feature called PIN2, a separate, permanent pin code that means you dont get a OTP for each transaction. I have had mine for 15 years and it means you can use internet banking from anywhere without OTP. You will most likely have to set it up at your local branch in Thailand,, I did, so no help at the moment, but may save you grief in the future. 

• Like 1

It could result from a disruption in the wi-fi.

Erase your cookies if you can; give it a rest and try a few hours later.

Sometimes bank security systems sense possible fraud and block transactions for a few hours.

I've had that happen to me., especially with international transactions.

2 hours ago, biggles45 said:

khunbeng, I wasn't aware you could do this online, so it changes your daIly ATM withdrawal amount?. or just the amount you can transfer ?  Whereabouts on the menu page is this please?

OP, KBank have a feature called PIN2, a separate, permanent pin code that means you dont get a OTP for each transaction. I have had mine for 15 years and it means you can use internet banking from anywhere without OTP. You will most likely have to set it up at your local branch in Thailand,, I did, so no help at the moment, but may save you grief in the future. 

But with the PIN2 you have some restrictions.

I used the PIN2 system in the beginning.... but since about 5 years I only use the OTP which I never had problems.... In thailand or in Europe (as long you have a working phone connection).

I not remember correctly but I think it was more complicated to add a new account has something to do with send money to new receivers....

I've been trying to have someone at the banking center over ride a teller at a branch who will not except my check because he does not like my # 2 date on it. The center

said they would call the person that it's made out to and straighten it out, it's been 3 days with no call, l had a copy of the check sent to them to see it, no reply.  l am in the USA so l cannot go to the branch l talked to them on messenger but they would not cash it without my initials. Very bad branch for K-bank. 

• 11 months later...

Anyone else having problems with Kbank online banking at the moment?  Over the last few months I have experienced massive delays in getting OTPs sent to my phone outside working hours. During working hours it's there in a flash but outside working hours it takes ages, particularly early morning. Today, for example, Sunday, I've been waiting 30 minutes already. As soon as it comes through I log back in and get another one and that comes through quickly but it's so frustrating not to be able to do the transaction immediately.

Logged in.

Email with login notification received almost before page built up.

Then did a change of spending limit of WebShoppingCard (typical test op).

SMS on phone within a second. Entered OTP.

Limit changed.

Logout.

Less than a minute in total.

Where are you located?

What's your mobile phone operator?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, sniggie said:

Today, for example, Sunday, I've been waiting 30 minutes already.

Sunday??? Typo I hope.

Not yet Sunday even in Kiritamati :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

To add to the topic.

I use Kasikorn "from time to time".

So I can not claim statistical proof of their response times etc.

But I use Kasikorn since many years and can't remember such extremely slow response.