BMW owner says staff at the car wash sold her car

snoop1130

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Any who would buy it without the title book, remembering you cannot pay the annual road tax without the blue / title book.

Strange story.

Check back through thaivisa and you'll find a story about the employee who went to the police and reported 'her' blue book had been stolen and managed to get a replacement in her name. The original book for the car, a company car, was in the safe in the company office.

Can't remember how that one ended.

Edited by overherebc

35 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No, no, no! Nothing is incredible! Seen it all! Heard it all! My imun system is persistant. This is in fact Thailand, and anything is possible and everything is happening. Welcome to paradise!

Nothing amazes me in Thailand. If not for the hookers, I'd never be here.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She claimed that the police went to the shop and were told that the vehicle had been sold. And they had the money.

Love the way the report is totally unfinished...

so how do you read the above, the shop have the money, or the police. As it reads i guess its the shop....

If so, what then?! The police said "ok" and walked away?!

something's amiss 

2 hours ago, nausea said:

So the police went to the car-wash, and the staff said " Oh yeah, we sold the car and but we have the money", and the police said "that's alright then" and walked away - yeah, right. Enough plot holes in this story to drive a herd of elephants through.

Did they say exactly how much they got for the Z4?

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Nothing amazes me in Thailand. If not for the hookers, I'd never be here.

Not to be bad in any way, but to me that was a very bold and narrow way of seeing things. It also doesn´t make sense, due to that you can find what you appearently are looking for in almost any country.

Just my opinion. :smile:

Edited by Get Real

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Serves her right; she should wash it herself and get her Hi So hands dirty once in a while !

Why do you have to insult the women just because she owns a BMW. I guess you are jut a low life, jealous of people who have money. Hi-so is someone who pretends to be high class when they are not. It is a huge insult to all Thais.

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

How many batmobiles can there be?

Smells like insurance or she's trying to lose a car which maybe has a lot of customs fees to account for.

Custom fees for a car manufactured in Thailand? Funny :smile:. People tend to forget that All Mercedes and BMW cars up to the E class and 5 series are assembled/manufactured here. I applaud Merc and BMW for being able to fool most people into thinking they're imported when they are not.

2 minutes ago, MatteoBassini said:

Custom fees for a car manufactured in Thailand? Funny :smile:. People tend to forget that All Mercedes and BMW cars up to the E class and 5 series are assembled/manufactured here. I applaud Merc and BMW for being able to fool most people into thinking they're imported when they are not.

Under the products tab of the BMW plant Thailand website the Z4 is not listed.

http://www.bmwgroup-plants.com/en/rayong/products.html

9 hours ago, inThailand said:

How easy is it here to sell a car without the title book?

Or take a loan out against it. I cannot answer that as I do not know but I do know someone who does........

my wifes slimy, thieving git of a son. 

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Check back through thaivisa and you'll find a story about the employee who went to the police and reported 'her' blue book had been stolen and managed to get a replacement in her name. The original book for the car, a company car, was in the safe in the company office.

Can't remember how that one ended.

But I bet most of us can guess correctly!

5 hours ago, gamini said:

Why do you have to insult the women just because she owns a BMW. I guess you are jut a low life, jealous of people who have money. Hi-so is someone who pretends to be high class when they are not. It is a huge insult to all Thais.

It is not a huge insult to all Thais, get a grip

11 hours ago, bdenner said:

Do I detect a certain amount of paranoia here!

I've been using these services, both here in the rice paddies and Bangkok, for 15 years now. For 200 Baht I don't get my hands dirty, get a great job done and help the locals make a living. Dirty rugs --- seriously!!!!! 

Exactly. I have seen shittier and shoddier service here in the US. In fact almost all service here is worse. 

13 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

As a qualified paint technologist who spent a lot of my working life in OEM paint shops I can tell you that the car cleaners do not have sufficient pressure to damage the paint.

Thanks for that information, I was just about to start checking into this. 

From what I have just seen A tom who works at the cleaning company has been doing this for some time using the car to get loans and paying them off with loans on other cars if true never take your car to the carwash and leave it or wash it yourself wait for full story tomorrow I think

3 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

From what I have just seen A tom who works at the cleaning company has been doing this for some time using the car to get loans and paying them off with loans on other cars if true never take your car to the carwash and leave it or wash it yourself wait for full story tomorrow I think

It's already been reported in the Thai media that the car was sold by her husband.