rooster59

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Tillerson is coming to see Prayuth next Tuesday. Deal with it.

Twas ever thus.

Why is it only now that you choose to forget the near legendary foibles of 'Thai time"?

The U.S. should mind its own business!  

(I thought I would beat the crowd :smile:)

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

These pleasantries are a bit nauseating.  Even if this should happen anytime soon, doubtful many will be impressed with a democracy that will be controlled by men in uniform. 

For the sake of the argument, would you give more credit to 'democracies' controlled by :

1/ the stock exchange,

2/ a handful of global companies,

3/ another handful of very clever 'communication' wizards, and

4/ mass-media owned by the aforementioned global companies ?

Once again, I'd like to recommend a very instructive book written by 'the guy who once was the next next President of the United States'. The title is The Assault On Reason (first published by Penguin Books in 2007)

Edited by Yann55

1 minute ago, Yann55 said:

For the sake of the argument, would you give more credit to 'democracies' controlled by :

1/ the stock exchange,

2/ a handful of global companies,

3/another handful of very clever 'communication' wizards, and

4/mass-media owned by the aforementioned global companies ?

Once again, I'd like to recommend a very instructive book written by 'the guy who once was the next next President of the United States'. The title is The Assault On Reason (first published by Penguin Books in 2007)

Thank You.

24 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Australia needs to look at it's human rights record and get it's own house in order before it starts pointing the stick. As for Bishop herself, about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. 

nothing but a bunch of clowns ...

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“We have heard that Thai people have a say in who will represent them.

:cheesy: and others have heard Australia supports the idea for North Korea to chair the UN human rights commission. Can anyone be further away from reality?

Good morning Lady. Skipped homework again?

“The authorities must immediately stop using the criminal justice system to harass Pravit Rojanaphruk. It is outrageous to think that he could face decades in prison for a totally peaceful action like putting up a few critical Facebook posts, ” Amnesty International’s Director for Southeast Asia and the Pacific, James Gomez, said in his statement today (Aug 4).

Edited by Lupatria

Just now, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes it could be worse like in Cambodia or Burma. Just my example of countries that I think

are not as good to visit or live in as Thailand

Geezer

No offense but speaking about other countries in a thread about Thailand makes me feel unsafe.  My personal feelings are that it's wrong.  That's what I believe now anyway.

....The HiSo-Poor divide haunts and a junta while not overcoming that certainly maintains law and order which had spun out of control back in the "democratic days".

The junta government which now maintains law and order is made up of the same figures who when in office in the"democratic days" deliberately failed to ensure that law and order was maintained. This resulted (as planned) in the conditions justifying (in their eyes) a coup to put them in government, where they are now cementing the HiSo-poor divide.

The horse goes in front of the cart...

1 minute ago, JAG said:

The junta government which now maintains law and order is made up of the same figures who when in office in the"democratic days" deliberately failed to ensure that law and order was maintained. This resulted (as planned) in the conditions justifying (in their eyes) a coup to put them in government, where they are now cementing the HiSo-poor divide.

The horse goes in front of the cart...

This post also makes me feel unsafe...

Just read abou he latest happenings in the politics of Cambodia  and you will understand what

I am saying. Don't forget that in Burma the leader was under house arrest for a very long time as

well and the military there is not to be messed with. Afraid now?

Geezer

What is it now? 3 years dictatorship?

each year it's always 'next year' next year for elections. 

Can't he speed it up? Instead of wasting time covering up singers, blaming farangs for all the bad in the country, what's so hard about an election within 4 years of dictatorship?

oh that's right, he doesn't want to give it up. I forgot 

5 minutes ago, sandemara said:

The bigger the lie, the easier it is to sell. Thailand is a Barnum and Bailey classic.

Interesting I have said that Pattaya is a 3 ring circus and I'm only 15 minutes from down town.  When we were kids one of my fantasies was running away and joining the circus.  Well I finally made it.  Better late then never...:intheclub:

1 minute ago, ilovebkk12345 said:

What is it now? 3 years dictatorship?

each year it's always 'next year' next year for elections. 

Can't he speed it up? Instead of wasting time covering up singers, blaming farangs for all the bad in the country, what's so hard about an election within 4 years of dictatorship?

oh that's right, he doesn't want to give it up. I forgot 

I'm a farang and I haven't done anything wrong.  Your post frightens me.  I need my safe space.

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Absolutely spot on.

Thailand really does attract the dregs from Western countries.

I agree.   I would say 99.9% are the dregs.  I stay away from farangs as much as possible.  They scare me.

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

More utter nonsense.

Law and order was fine in the Thaksin years, until Sondthi and his Democratic allies lost the 2005 election in a landslide and took to the streets to oust the government.

As for Thais being happy with the status quo it is obvious you don't speak to any. There's a lot of discontent in Thailand right now. Otherwise there would be no need for martial law. 

Your post stinks of that Western superiority complex but also reeks of someone that doesn't understand the country he is in one little bit.

Yes smells like the fermented/rotten fish...:drunk:  PU!!!