Where Do I Find My Parcel?

Dazinoz

Hello all. I was receiving a parcel from Korea and was tracking online. This morning it stated was out for delivery. I just received a tracking message basically saying delivery fail and was carded. Well I was home waiting and no card has been left.

How do I find out where my parcel has gone to?

Just now, chickenslegs said:

If it is with Thailand Post it should be at the post office with your postal code.

Here is a list http://donslifeinthailand.com/files/Bangkok_Thailand_Post_Offices_full_list.pdf

However, it could still be on the delivery van/bike - so might be worth phoning the office first.

Thanks for that. Was sent by Korea Post EMS so I assume Thai Post. No use phoning post office I can't speak Thai and probably no one to speak english.

8 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I just realised that the link I posted only shows Bangkok post offices.

If you do a Google search "Thailand post office xxxxx" (using your postal code to replace the xxxxx) you should get the location of your post office.

Thanks again. I think I have found the post office. Just annoying when you are home and they say they have carded it and they haven't.

If customs duty is due, it might not be in your local post office.  If my packages come through without a charge, they go to the Mae Hia PO near my house, but if I have to pay duty they go to the PO on the Super Highway near Central Fesrival.  The 'delivery failed' notice usually means is was too big to go out on the delivery scooter and they never actually attempted to drop it off at your house (you may or may not get the physical notice).  You can try your local PO and they'll direct you to the proper place if it's not there (bring the tracking number), or have a Thai speaker call for you to save yourself a potentially wasted trip.

Edited by flare

6 minutes ago, flare said:

If customs duty is due, it might not be in your local post office.  If my packages come through without a charge, they go to the Mae Hia PO near my house, but if I have to pay duty they go to the PO on the Super Highway near Central Fesrival.  The 'delivery failed' notice usually means is was too big to go out on the delivery scooter and they never actually attempted to drop it off at your house (you may or may not get the physical notice).  You can try your local PO and they'll direct you to the proper place if it's not there (bring the tracking number), or have a Thai speaker call for you to save yourself a potentially wasted trip.

Should not be duty but never know and only very small parcel.

Go to your local EMS branch with tracking number. had the same thing happen to me last week ,traveled to a remote location in Bangkok and hours of being shuffled from one office to another at customs until I finally got my package .

As a matter of interest the customs lady try to charge me 50% duty , 2k baht and I refused to accept it and negotiated down to 500 baht..but still left with a head ache

1 hour ago, flare said:

Looks like my Post Office is also Mae Hia.

Website says close 4pm today so went there at 3pm. Door opened. Everyone inside sitting down on their phones and told me closed. TiT.

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

Go to your local EMS branch with tracking number. had the same thing happen to me last week ,traveled to a remote location in Bangkok and hours of being shuffled from one office to another at customs until I finally got my package .

As a matter of interest the customs lady try to charge me 50% duty , 2k baht and I refused to accept it and negotiated down to 500 baht..but still left with a head ache

I think I have found where I need to go. Have to wait till Monday.

UPDATE: Parcel located and, after some running around, now in my possession.

Mae Hia was my post office and according to website was open till 4pm Saturday but when I went was closed. I went this morning and showed them tracking on phone app. He did a printout for me and told me some tax was payable and parcel at Chiang Mai post office. He drew a map for me on printout. I went home first and checked on computer and showed post office near CM Railway station. Went there but was just a large construction site. But there was a Mobile Post Office van parked in there. Show him printout and he told me post office on Superhighway opposite Bangkok Hospital.

Went there and went to front building as there were many buildings in the complex. I would suggest construction site previously maybe new CM Post Office being built. Was told to goto green building which I did and presented printout from Mae Hia PO to young man there. He had a look around and came back with a translation on his phone to say parcel not come yet. I was in process of getting tracking app to show him when older guy come out of office and looked at printout. Opened window to adjacent area and said something then indicated for me to go around to that at area. Paid tax, collected parcel and came home.

Thanks for the help guys.

17 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

UPDATE: Parcel located and, after some running around, now in my possession.

Mae Hia was my post office and according to website was open till 4pm Saturday but when I went was closed. I went this morning and showed them tracking on phone app. He did a printout for me and told me some tax was payable and parcel at Chiang Mai post office. He drew a map for me on printout. I went home first and checked on computer and showed post office near CM Railway station. Went there but was just a large construction site. But there was a Mobile Post Office van parked in there. Show him printout and he told me post office on Superhighway opposite Bangkok Hospital.

Went there and went to front building as there were many buildings in the complex. I would suggest construction site previously maybe new CM Post Office being built. Was told to goto green building which I did and presented printout from Mae Hia PO to young man there. He had a look around and came back with a translation on his phone to say parcel not come yet. I was in process of getting tracking app to show him when older guy come out of office and looked at printout. Opened window to adjacent area and said something then indicated for me to go around to that at area. Paid tax, collected parcel and came home.

Thanks for the help guys.

As previously stated, the location across from Makro is only temporary. They demolished and have been reconstructing the Main P.O. at its original location for many months now.

On 8/5/2017 at 2:36 PM, InMyShadow said:

Customs in CNX makes the police look more than reasonable.

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

As previously stated, the location across from Makro is only temporary. They demolished and have been reconstructing the Main P.O. at its original location for many months now.

Thought that may have been the case.

At least I know where the CM post of is now and where will be.

On 05/08/2017 at 2:05 PM, chickenslegs said:

If it is with Thailand Post it should be at the post office with your postal code.

Here is a list http://donslifeinthailand.com/files/Bangkok_Thailand_Post_Offices_full_list.pdf

However, it could still be on the delivery van/bike - so might be worth phoning the office first.

Yes, check out the post office. They only hold it for so long before sending it back to where it came from.

Yup, that's what I suspected- if there's tax to pay, it wouldn't be at Mae Hia PO but, rather, at the one on the Superhighway- I'll be picking up a package there in a day or two (unless by some miracle it slipped through without being hit, in which case it will be at Mae Hia and I'll be saved the trip).;)

Edited by flare

It happened to me once and I had no card left in the mail box.

. I made a copy of the tracking page and and went the next day to the Post Office explaining I was home. amd nobody came.

They found the package  and I got it.  I think there was a mistake in one numeral of the address.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, Dazinoz said:

Should not be duty but never know and only very small parcel.

Be careful, don't leave it too long in tracking it down.

I have had similar instances in the past where it shows "Delivery Failed" but no postman turned up or even left a card. In some instances I think that this is a scam and the PO will not leave a card and unless you check online you will not realise it has not been delivered. They then say they have returned it to sender, but in the meantime they keep it!

There are instances though where it has been flagged as a failed delivery and they actually deliver the next day, so just keep on top of it. You never can tell.

23 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Be careful, don't leave it too long in tracking it down.

I have had similar instances in the past where it shows "Delivery Failed" but no postman turned up or even left a card. In some instances I think that this is a scam and the PO will not leave a card and unless you check online you will not realise it has not been delivered. They then say they have returned it to sender, but in the meantime they keep it!

There are instances though where it has been flagged as a failed delivery and they actually deliver the next day, so just keep on top of it. You never can tell.

I was tracking online. Got message was out for delivery. Then I got another message saying carded. Well I was home and no one came or carded. As mentioned I have collected the item.

After tracking was updated it stated they made 2 attempts at delivery on the same day. That was a load of crap.

Take the card and go to Thai Post from where the card is issued.

Have a Thai person read it for you.

Thai Post makes 1 delivery attempt.

Forget trying to call, language is a very big problem.

I went through this. It is waiting for you .

Bring your passport.

I just got the fake 'attempted delivery' update for my package (no card in the mailbox as of course no one ever came to the house)- I'll have the wife call to confirm the location, but no doubt it's at the Superhighway branch awaiting an import fee.  I might get a card 25% of the time, but usually not- I use the USPS site for tracking (which is the same as the Thai site for updates for packages sent from the US via that method) and sign up for email updates.

26 minutes ago, themerg said:

Take the card and go to Thai Post from where the card is issued.

Have a Thai person read it for you.

Thai Post makes 1 delivery attempt.

Forget trying to call, language is a very big problem.

I went through this. It is waiting for you .

Bring your passport.

How can you take the card when they don't leave one?

you had better luck than I, I live in NongKhai and ordered a laptop mainboard on aliexpress. The last time I tracked the shipment it said "cleared Brazil postal customs inspection, out for delivery" !  That was a few months ago.

Edited by Lee4Life

The other problem I have had here in NongKhai is that there is another house in our moo ban (neighborhood) with exactly the same address as ours. I sometimes get their mail so I wonder if they get ours. I asked the guys at the post office how to fix this problem and they scratched their heads and said "that would be very hard to fix"

Glad you got the item

9 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

The other problem I have had here in NongKhai is that there is another house in our moo ban (neighborhood) with exactly the same address as ours. I sometimes get their mail so I wonder if they get ours. I asked the guys at the post office how to fix this problem and they scratched their heads and said "that would be very hard to fix"

Glad you got the item

Not good to hear you lost laptop. Makes me scared to order anything expensive. Maybe DHL or the like. Don't know if any better.

Happy I got my item. Thanks.