Where to find Do-rag in BKK

OliverKlozerof

My first stop would be Chinatown, the wholesale market in the maze of alleys one block off Yaowarat,  towards the river.  Blocks and blocks of eclectic crap along with some interesting stuff.

Not saying I'm 100% sure you'll find skull caps, but I've rarely been disappointed, often finding stuff I didn't even know I was looking for...

7 hours ago, impulse said:

My first stop would be Chinatown, the wholesale market in the maze of alleys one block off Yaowarat,  towards the river.  Blocks and blocks of eclectic crap along with some interesting stuff.

Not saying I'm 100% sure you'll find skull caps, but I've rarely been disappointed, often finding stuff I didn't even know I was looking for...

Thanks for reminding me of that mind boggling repository of overabundance. You may well be right. However, I live Sukhumvit side and it's somewhat of a hassle getting there and wading through the mass of humanity (and occasional inhumanity), with eyeballs attempting to find the 'needle in a haystack' of what I'm looking for.

So, I'm hoping someone has actually seen one somewhere? Maybe I just need to find the nearest Harley shop?

50 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

I live Sukhumvit side and it's somewhat of a hassle getting there and wading through the mass of humanity (and occasional inhumanity), with eyeballs attempting to find the 'needle in a haystack' of what I'm looking for.

Can't blame you there.  I rarely go to that market on a surgical mission.  But I hit the Khlong Thom and/or Bang Mo sides of Chinatown just about every weekend to get in 10 km or so of brisk walking for the exercise.  Continually gobsmacked by the selection of crap that people actually buy... 

New local Harley shop now open well past Mo Chit on highway to Don Muang...not exactly a short walk.

I bet if you look, you'll find one in Terminal 21.  I seem to remember a shop in one of the big malls that sold motorcycle apparel, maybe Central World.  Google "motorcycle apparel bangkok" and lots of listings.

Seen  a few on soi dogs but I wouldn't want to try to grab em.

I don't like to go to MBK, but needed to a couple days ago. As luck would have it, there's a shop, Do-Rags R Us on, I think, the 3rd floor (opposite end from BTS). Kidding about the name, but did find a shop that had a bunch of them, all arranged on top of each other (maybe two of these bundles), hanging right at the front. All were basically standard bandana 'paisley' designs, most likely made by same factory that makes bandanas. Two for B150.

Why I've been wanting one: To minimize 'bicycle helmet hair.' Sure, you can wrap any old cloth over your head to help with this...I've used a regular bandana occasionally now, and it works fine. The only trouble is, it takes some time to get a bandana properly onto the top of my head, tuck in the sides, etc. Often, when I'm out with my bike, I need to put my helmet on and off several times. The do-rag should be much easier. (But some people think they know it all, don't they?)

5 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

I don't like to go to MBK, but needed to a couple days ago. As luck would have it, there's a shop, Do-Rags R Us on, I think, the 3rd floor (opposite end from BTS). Kidding about the name, but did find a shop that had a bunch of them, all arranged on top of each other (maybe two of these bundles), hanging right at the front. All were basically standard bandana 'paisley' designs, most likely made by same factory that makes bandanas. Two for B150.

Why I've been wanting one: To minimize 'bicycle helmet hair.' Sure, you can wrap any old cloth over your head to help with this...I've used a regular bandana occasionally now, and it works fine. The only trouble is, it takes some time to get a bandana properly onto the top of my head, tuck in the sides, etc. Often, when I'm out with my bike, I need to put my helmet on and off several times. The do-rag should be much easier. (But some people think they know it all, don't they?)

" bicycle helmet hair "    :cheesy:   is this a wind up??      :sorry:

1 hour ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Why I've been wanting one: To minimize 'bicycle helmet hair.'

Come to think of it,  there have been many times when I've wished I had something like a "Do-Rag" to protect my fair locks when I've had to don a filthy, cootie infested helmet when riding a moto-taxi in Pattaya where they are required

MBK you say?

Edited by dddave

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Come to think of it,  there have been many times when I've wished I had something like a "Do-Rag" to protect my fair locks when I've had to don a filthy, cootie infested helmet when riding a moto-taxi in Pattaya where they are required

MBK you say?

Don't men carry combs any more?

Edited by phuketjock