Video: Story of the professor with a knife and the road rage big biker hits national TV

webfact

Video: Story of the professor with a knife and the road rage big biker hits national TV

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Sanook reported on a road rage story dividing Thai public opinion as new footage emerged of the incident.

Former professor of engineering at a well known university, Chaiboon, 57, was on Channel 3 TV saying he used a penknife in self defense.

Previously cam footage from the bike appeared to show that he had started the altercation by retrieving a knife from his car.

The professor came up with CCTV that he said gave a different view of what really happened.

The incident stemmed from a minor road collision.

But in the CCTV footage the angry rider of the Ninja ZX 10R goes to confront the driver of the car.

He gets out and a violent fight ensues in which fists are thrown and the older man has his glasses knocked from his face.

He is even knocked to the tarmac though gets up spiritedly.

Professor Chaiboon said he went on TV after his family received threats.

Now he wants justice.

It was reported on the Social Hunter site that the biker was stabbed and hospitalized and even ended up in a coma after the incident last month.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-07

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nice professor tried to rear end the guy on the bike, all because he has reved his engine to warn him that he was going into his lane. There is cam footage from the bike that shows this.

Saying that, personally, I would have pulled over, waved and then gone to the cops with the cam footage. No point getting into a fight with them. 

8 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

The nice professor tried to rear end the guy on the bike, all because he has reved his engine to warn him that he was going into his lane. There is cam footage from the bike that shows this.

Saying that, personally, I would have pulled over, waved and then gone to the cops with the cam footage. No point getting into a fight with them. 

where is that bike cam footage ? the CCTV video we see herein doesnt show the precipitating events; not the brightest thing for the professor to do, attempting to punch a person in the face who has a helmet on

What is it with these professors? I seem to remember one of them shooting at a woman in a car who had cut them up not long ago? Seems like their ego becomes inflated from all that false respect from the students, until they get out in the real world and get a well deserved slap. Deliberately trying to knock someone off a motorbike because of some perceived road transgression is beyond stupid.

37 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What is it with these professors? I seem to remember one of them shooting at a woman in a car who had cut them up not long ago? Seems like their ego becomes inflated from all that false respect from the students, until they get out in the real world and get a well deserved slap. Deliberately trying to knock someone off a motorbike because of some perceived road transgression is beyond stupid.

Can't see it being Professors fault 

If these bikers want to play with their lives by zig zaging & trying to squeeze between cars It's up to them

It's clear as day on the bikes camera

I deal with this every day - Motor bikes on the inside when U turning

- On coming motor bikes with also bikes on my left ( where the hell do they think I shoul go), or do I take out the one that is in the wrong (the one coming at me )

The guy on the big bike was driving like a dick, so he started the ball rolling. You drive like that eventually some one is going to call them out. Maybe he will have a weapon, maybe not. Don't be a dick and you have a better chance of getting home.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

The guy on the big bike was driving like a dick, so he started the ball rolling. You drive like that eventually some one is going to call them out. Maybe he will have a weapon, maybe not. Don't be a dick and you have a better chance of getting home.

He wasn't riding like a dick, wasn't going fast, just filtering through traffic - what everyone does on bikes here. 

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

Can't see it being Professors fault 

If these bikers want to play with their lives by zig zaging & trying to squeeze between cars It's up to them

It's clear as day on the bikes camera

I deal with this every day - Motor bikes on the inside when U turning

- On coming motor bikes with also bikes on my left ( where the hell do they think I shoul go), or do I take out the one that is in the wrong (the one coming at me )

So driving into the rear of a bike is OK? This guy wasn't doing any of the things you said. 

He wasn't riding like a dick, wasn't going fast, just filtering through traffic - what everyone does on bikes here. 

he was filtering through traffic that was in motion, not at the traffic lights. Revving up and down changing gears. If he drove like that in civilized country he'd get a dangerous driving. charge.

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, being referred to as "P" and "Ajarn" everyday and having lots of young people listening to your every word can go to some people's heads.  But out in the real world they are just another loser with a short fuse.

24 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

he was filtering through traffic that was in motion, not at the traffic lights. Revving up and down changing gears. If he drove like that in civilized country he'd get a dangerous driving. charge.

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So somebody in a car should kill him, right?

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

ok; thanks for providing it; seems clearcut that the car was the initial provoking cause by unsafe, purposeless tailgating and the secondary as well by stopping and cutting off the biker

the biker was weaving in and out of traffic.  From one lane to another.  He tried to undertake and got cut off.  It's super hard to see a bike coming up on the left.  Especially when you are in traffic.

The biker was in the wrong.  And especially in the wrong for attacking an old man.  Shame on him.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

the biker was weaving in and out of traffic.  From one lane to another.  He tried to undertake and got cut off.  It's super hard to see a bike coming up on the left.  Especially when you are in traffic.

The biker was in the wrong.  And especially in the wrong for attacking an old man.  Shame on him.

Ah yes, the innocent old man and retired professor, who deliberately rammed a bike from behind due to road rage, and then threatened another person with a knife.  He was totally in the right of course.:saai:

5 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Ah yes, the innocent old man and retired professor, who deliberately rammed a bike from behind due to road rage, and then threatened another person with a knife.  He was totally in the right of course.:saai:

I had a hard time following that video.  At what point in the video did the car ram the bike?

Even so, beating up an old man like that is an act of a coward.  I saw how that biker was driving.  Weaving in and out.  It's one of the big problems here in Thailand.  I hate it when bikes illegally pass me, just to cut in before getting creamed by an oncoming car.  Not easy to anticipate.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

That nutty professor deserves much more sever beating. And look at him, never thought that tiny guys like that could be so agressive in traffic.  He's a complete idiot.

No! He's Thai and felt somebody was trying to one-up his face.  I wonder how he treats his students in class. Scrub that.  I think we can guess that already HMMMMMMM!!

I hate bikes like this on the road but after seeing the bikers cam,  I have to side with him. Lost his cool after the car deliberately tried to ram him. He could have lost his life there and then so no wonder he was angry. Then the driver decides to get a knife out for a second go because he got confronted about his bad action. Two acts of what could be seen as attempted murder from the nutty professor. 

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Yes, being referred to as "P" and "Ajarn" everyday and having lots of young people listening to your every word can go to some people's heads.  But out in the real world they are just another loser with a short fuse.

The inflating of the ego goes deep. They have a whole day where students must crawl to them and pour water of their hands like they are demigods.

before action ....try to think about the reaction .

the first action ,weaving through traffic , made many drivers angry,they see it as loosing face.

Same for the motorcycles he passed.

Most of them never see the big bike coming and are scared by the noise when he passes them.

This alone is enough to start a fight.

But the big bike is too fast and escapes them all until......he is cornered.This was the reaction.

Then (second action)the biker steps of his bike and confronts the car driver (who did not lock his car-door ,nor drives away). On this moment the car-driver is ready and prepared to counter,all he needs is someone shouting bad words to him.Exactly what the biker does.So the door opens and and the driver, not scared at all ,but very composed.He knows he has the backup of the little knife ,shows it,but will only use it when he is facing real violence .So there is some little sister punching until the biker hits him hard in the face .No point in waiting any longer to use the knife ,so he does .(second reaction)

So the biker did a few stupid things ...he did not think about the reactions provoked by his actions .

If he did.......he would not drive like that through traffic in Thailand ,

he would not go to the door of a stopped angry car driver ,( he could have a gun...)

.....would not start sissy fighting ,but finish it with one blow and go.

.....would have backed off seeing a knife ....,

in short , he made one mistake after another , he will not last for long here.

The skinny professor ....made himself angry in traffic ....and reacted , also his reaction was very poorly.

Never come out of your car ,the little penknife is normally not enough ....the biker could be armed also.

This time he was lucky and stabbed only in self defence  , only my opinion though .

So , best to stay calm , but i agree ,on these roads ,with such an amount of complete crazy drivers , it is not simple to ignore .It is stressing ,ok,but much better than ending up with a knife in your belly .

So , relax and think about the big problems you are avoiding ,by just doing nothing .