What's the current climate for Visa Exemptions?

The reports of receiving or being denied a visa at a Thai embassy are useful, but there doesn't seem to be much info on visa exemptions.  Since July, 2015 I've spent the majority of my time in Thailand:

--- July 2015 ---

Visa exempt entry + extension

2 months outside of Thailand

Visa exempt entry(left Thailand after 15 days)

outside of Thailand for a month

Visa exempt entry

five day trip to KL

Visa exempt entry

Visa exempt entry + extension

SETV + extension

SETV

SETV + extension

2 weeks in Laos

Visa exempt + extension

2.5 months out of Thailand

--- I'm here now ---

I'm already in SE Asia and would like to use visa exempt entry one more time before I travel back to America.  What are the odds of a non-hippy-backpacker, mid-30s American male being refused entry if I have a hotel booking, proof of onward travel, and 20,000THB?

The immigration officer didn't ask me anything when he issued my last visa exemption.

Second question:  I've received 3 SETVs from the Thai embassy in Vientiane, but still haven't received a warning stamp.  What are my odds of getting one more SETV there?

I realize that there is a bit of variation depending on the individual immigration officer, but I would like to here other's opinions on the matter.

I think "increased scrutiny" is likely entering on your 7th visa exempt entry.  Usually, as @ubonjoe indicated,, the immigration official is likely to conclude that your pattern of entries is not that of a typical illegal worker, and you will likely be OK. I do, however think using a tourist visa would be more prudent. Note: if planning to enter by land be aware that only two visa exempt entries by land are allowed per year.

I do not think another SETV from Vientiane would be a problem, but they will likely give you the red stamp along with your visa.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 2:48 PM, CaptainKiiNiaw said:

Thanks, ubonjoe.  I'm going to give it a try. I'll post an update regardless of the outcome.

It depends on how you are planning to enter, air or land on your Visa Exempt

If air I think you may have a issue, your past history could certainly raise a flag with a I/O, if land you may also have a issue as you will be then trying to enter on your 7th VE, Thaivisaservice.com advise that you could have issues after your 6th VE

Personally I would get a TV at Vientianne, you won't have a problem obtaining one and the I/O;s at Nongkhai are friendly (based on my experience)