Let's face it, Phazey I think it is, has got a great avatar, you know the animated one with the dog with it's head out the car window.

Basher is three chocolate eggs and Bluecat is a blue cat so how come they all have better ones than me? I just went with one of the ones the forum had to offer which is some sort of pale blue caveman drawing of an angry whale.

I'm not that bothered that I don't have a mobile with video messaging or a MiniDisc walkman but it would be nice to have an enviable avatar if anyone can help.

Cheers to all of you, Bronco, Chingy, Phaze - tell you what, I don't have time to download this that and the other at the moment but when I'm back in the LOS i'll have a decent browse.

In the meantime, I do like the one of Garfield stuffing his face that Phazey came up with, but in the words of Linford Christies first girlfriend... How do I get it into my box?

• 7 months later...

Rather than do another post on where to get them, I dug this one up, it has some good links to avatars.

Open up 2 Pages to Thai Visa

Go to My Controls top of page slightly right of centre.

On the page that has just opened there is a Personal Profile section,

click on Edit Avatar Settings

You have 3 options

1.Use an avatar from the galleries, thats easiest.

2.Enter a URL etc.

Click on a link to one of the sites in this thread.

Choose an image you want remember the max size.

Right click on the image, drop down menu appears.

Click on Properties at the bottom.

Click on the complete URL (it starts with HTTP), the whole thing should be

hilighted in blue.

Press CTRL and C simultaneously.

Go back to your Control Panel page, click in the URL box and delete http://, then press CTRL and V together, the address of the avatar should appear in the box

Click on the Update Avatar

You should now have an avatar.

Upload an image from your computer, may involve editing the picture size, so you would need some sort of photo editing program installed and know how to use it, so will leave thhat for now.

• 2 months later...

The animated avator I made using Adobe Aftereffects did not come out as I had made it.

Can somone tell me what size and how many frames are to be used to create a good avator. I don't have time to experiment.

Also the avator I made only appeared on certain machines at certain times, does the machine where the original file is stored have to be turned on, a static avator does not have this problem.

B

Let's face it, Phazey I think it is, has got a great avatar, you know the animated one with the dog with it's head out the car window.

Basher is three chocolate eggs and Bluecat is a blue cat so how come they all have better ones than me? I just went with one of the ones the forum had to offer which is some sort of pale blue caveman drawing of an angry whale.

I'm not that bothered that I don't have a mobile with video messaging or a MiniDisc walkman but it would be nice to have an enviable avatar if anyone can help.

If this iS all you have to worry about then you are doing OK, SAD but OK.

Edited by legalsme

If this iS all you have to worry about then you are doing OK, SAD but OK.

if all you gonna do is whine on your first few posts , you wont last long here , Sad but true :o