PM Prayut briefed on English language project for vocational education

webfact

PM briefed on English language project for vocational education

By The Nation

f55a5d8833ff5a35cb7fd9c4079f411b-sld.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Education Minister Teerakiat Jareonsettasin led a team to meet Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House on Tuesday to promote a project involving the development of English-language learning materials for the country’s vocational education system.

The project comprises two parts: the Echo VE smart-phone application, and the Vocational English Camp.

The Echo VE app, compatible with both the Android and iOS systems, has been developed by the Office of Vocational Education Commission and the private sector, based on the Education Ministry's similar English-learning app – Echo English – in order to provide more than 130 English language lessons for career fields covered by vocational education.

The Vocational English Camp will provide intensive English-language training to 10 batches of vocational teachers and personnel, with 200 participants per batch.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30323195

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-08

Lost count of the amount of 'projects', 'plans', etc that have never got started or have been abandoned when it comes to learning English.

Has to be admitted that they are not really that interested as a Nation and any individuals that are make their own arrangements to learn properly well away from the Education system....which is c**p at best.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

provide intensive English-language training

Weren't native born English teachers going to be replaced by Thai English teachers? A foreign contractor was hired to improve the proficiency of selected Thai English teachers so that they would be come the primary trainers for Thai teachers who would teach English.

This should mean that the Vocational English Camp will have no native English teachers. Only Thainess English.

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Lost count of the amount of 'projects', 'plans', etc that have never got started or have been abandoned when it comes to learning English.

Has to be admitted that they are not really that interested as a Nation and any individuals that are make their own arrangements to learn properly well away from the Education system....which is c**p at best.

The education systems need some very deep tweaking and open progressive mindsets.

Don't hold your breath.

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The education systems need some very deep tweaking and open progressive mindsets.

Don't hold your breath.

Tweaking ?  I would say Hacking was what is needed.   As for ''Open progressive mindsets''; well, don't think they exist in a Parallel Universe such as this place !

This should do ok i think Thai students love mobile phones so this can take the phones Place Should be interesting camp when Thai teachers try to learn English and then teach other Thai teachers They would be better off getting on the grog and having a good time because it will be a complete waste of time Those select teachers will never learn proper Ang-grit. poor Thailand you  are part of Asean but you will always be the laughing stock of Asean lol

"PM Prayut briefed on English language project for vocational education ."

In which language was he briefed? I thought so. Which begs the question: Who is going to develop, implement and teach the program?

Thailand has an old tradition: If something is said, that's enough for it to be considered accomplished.

Edited by jaltsc

13 hours ago, chowny77 said:

I was working in a vocational college but they wanted to be cheap charlies and now have teachers from Bhutan and Flips.

Yes I was aware of that from my ex Thai gf who was an English teacher  at a vocational school. She told me the directors and senior staff get a nice kick-back from the employment agencies for taking on these people. These teachers, particularly the Fips, teach that bastardised American form of English.

And someone wrote here some time back that the Fips English teachers are the leftovers after the call centres take first pick.