Thai drinks firm in multi billion baht KFC expansion plan

webfact

Could you imagine getting a contract to supply something to this mob? 600 stores worth of potatoes, or drink or even cardboard packets?? it'd be huge.  I went to school with a guy (way back in the day) who's family became millionaires by negotiating supply of a novelty toy for a pizza hut promotion, but that's nothing like the power of KFC these days.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, webfact said:

ThaiBev in Bt11.3-billion deal to buy KFC stores in Thailand

By The Nation

547afb575fbed79ca8a2aea779f4e192.jpg

Thai Beverage Plc and its subsidiaries, announced on Tuesday that its subsidiary, QSR of Asia Co Ltd or QSA, has entered into an asset sale and purchase agreement with Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co Ltd to acquire more than 240 existing and a number of developing KFC stores in Thailand with a value about Bt11.3 billion.

The agreement has additional amount of consideration for the developing KFC stores, which will be determined at closing. 

This will enable ThaiBev to expand further into the food business in the quick service restaurant segment. 

The group's senior vice president of Food Business (Thailand) Nongnuch Buranasetkul said that the acquisition of the KFC stores represents more than an opportunity to enlarge ThaiBev’s food business. 

KFC’s extensive network in Thailand will give the Group direct access to multiple customer touch points across the country, enabling us to understand trends and stay at the forefront of the industry. This is essential for sustainable growth over the long term. 

With QSA’s restaurant management expertise, we are well positioned to accelerate KFC’s further expansion in Thailand, she said. 

"We look forward to partnering with Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co., Ltd. to achieve this goal and will focus not only on enhancing operations, but also human capital development,” she said. 

The KFC brand has been the number one quick service restaurant brand in Thailand measured by brand share and number of outlets. KFC has been in Thailand for more than 30 years, with the fastest pace of store growth in the last five years. 

The consideration is subject to price adjustment mechanisms as set out in the asset sale and purchase agreement, and depends on the exact number of the existing and developing KFC stores to be acquired at closing. 

The acquisition is expected to be completed by the end of December this year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323279

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-09

I love watching the locals struggling to eat KFC with a knife and fork, something they rarely use anyway and certainly not needed with KFC. They've obviously never heard of Finger Lickin' Good. Perhaps the company needs to re-introduce the slogan in Thailand and save a fortune on their plastic cutlery. 

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I read in an article recently that Thailand scores 2nd among the most obese prone countries in the region, just behind Malaysia.

With crap food like this becoming more available and popular, is it any surprise?

Yes back in the day ladies where very thin, today many are just blobs move on time guys

12 hours ago, BasalBanality said:

No surprises, KFC is ubiquitous in Malaysia and Indonesia because of their ability to offer the staple of rice as a standard item, hence further propagating the obesity scourge.

In both Malaysia and Indonesia there are  large muslim populations who cannot eat in chinese restaurant and any chinese food outlet because chinese eat pork,  unless the chinese obtain the "Halal" licence and provide pork free foods.

That's why KFC and Macdonald are both doing very well in Malaysia.

12 hours ago, Happy enough said:

lots of fried food and sugar in the diets here. carnation condensed milk and sugar on toast. can't understand how anyone can eat that

You forgot to mention the oil they use to fry your french fries. This oil is re-heated over and over to fry the french fries. When they re-heat the oil at high temperatures the molecular structure changes they become carcinogenic. You are also

12 hours ago, madmitch said:

eating lots of free radicals that damage your cells. 

Of course you don't drop dead overnight, you die of cancer years down the road and nobody can trace it back to the bad oil they used to cook your chicken or french fries. Well, you need to eat it quite often over long period of time so you are really playing russian roulette , which chamber of the pistol is loaded with bullet?

11 hours ago, BasalBanality said:

To expect McDonald's to serve up quality burgers is already a stretch in most countries, expecting Mcdonald's Thailand to excel beyond what they're supposed to offer is akin to asking for the moon.

My kids were indoctrinated when still very young . I showed them photos of diabetic patients with legs wounds and also amputated legs bandaged up.

Also photos of overweight people and some sitting in wheel chairs. 

On average they eat KFC or Macdonald about twice a year. They have phobias of these foods. At puberty they all look skinny, because they have wholesome attitude towards foods.

I would doubt whoever wrote this report has done much research. ThaiBev are not a trustworthy company for anyone to go into a partnership with for a start. 

Also the chance KFC  will allow franchises to serve alcohol are fairly slim.

I would just like to see the original flavour "fingerlickin" batter was available in Thai KFCs, not the awful zinger stuff.

:shock1:

I wouldn't eat KFC if it was free and I was dying of starvation but sometimes the misses tries to get some to bring home for the boys. She routinely walks out empty handed and I ask what happened to the chicken to which she replies "They didn't have any". There's always staff behind the counter but nothing ready to sell. Yum restaurants may want to re-think this. 

8 hours ago, madusa said:

My kids were indoctrinated when still very young . I showed them photos of diabetic patients with legs wounds and also amputated legs bandaged up.

Also photos of overweight people and some sitting in wheel chairs. 

On average they eat KFC or Macdonald about twice a year. They have phobias of these foods. At puberty they all look skinny, because they have wholesome attitude towards foods.

So why do they eat it all? And "skinny"  equates to wholesome? What other of your phobias have you indoctrinated them with do tell. 

Feed the masses cheap unrecognizable greasy food.  Convince them it's cool and trendy. 

Bend it a little to the local taste.....boom!!! Next thing you know...an obese populace. Mom and Dad can now forget about washing dishs....

4 hours ago, csabo said:

So why do they eat it all? And "skinny"  equates to wholesome? What other of your phobias have you indoctrinated them with do tell. 

Hello csabo, these big food industries are trying to murder my kids and they have the licence from the government to do so, you are not aware of that?

I told my kids not to laugh at their big fat classmates, because these classmates eating the wrong foods, will eventually end up as very unhealthy adults living miserable life. I told them you cannot be happy if you are grossly overweight, you look in the mirror and you hate yourself.

I even told them not to trust the government (British or any country for that matter) I explain to them a government is formed by a group of people when they get into position of authority & power will show their selfishness and evil intent. That's why you have to be wary of them. Keep clear of them have as little to do with them as possible.

Look and analyze what government does but do not confront them directly because they will plot to put you in prison, these are things I want my kids to know.  Democracy is only a word so don't live in a dream world, my kids love me for telling them the truth.

You should do likewise csabo.

2 minutes ago, madusa said:

Hello csabo, these big food industries are trying to murder my kids and they have the licence from the government to do so, you are not aware of that?

I told my kids not to laugh at their big fat classmates, because these classmates eating the wrong foods, will eventually end up as very unhealthy adults living miserable life. I told them you cannot be happy if you are grossly overweight, you look in the mirror and you hate yourself.

I even told them not to trust the government (British or any country for that matter) I explain to them a government is formed by a group of people when they get into position of authority & power will show their selfishness and evil intent. That's why you have to be wary of them. Keep clear of them have as little to do with them as possible.

Look and analyze what government does but do not confront them directly because they will plot to put you in prison, these are things I want my kids to know.  Democracy is only a word so don't live in a dream world, my kids love me for telling them the truth.

You should do likewise csabo.

really??

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

really??

What do you mean really, if you don't indoctrinate your kids, the government will and you are at the loosing end. Why must your kids eat highly processed foods and listen to government who talks stupid?

I've always found it amazing that you can basically open ANY kind of business and make it a huge success. 

Honestly, I don't even understand how people fail with businesses. 

It can be anything, as long as it is stupid and useless, there will be a need for it. When it comes to food, it doesn't matter if it's garbage, just make it taste good and they'll come. If it's a coffee shop, it doesn't matter if the coffee resembles horse urine, just make the place comfy, put a lot of sugar in the drinks and they'll come. If it's a gadget, it doesn't matter if it's like all the others. Just make it shiny and they'll come. I like people. I really do. It's like the only incentive they have is to make me richer. 

On 8/10/2017 at 11:49 AM, madusa said:

I told my kids not to laugh at their big fat classmates, because these classmates eating the wrong foods, will eventually end up as very unhealthy adults living miserable life.

A KFC will not kill you .

They are also not trying to "murder" your kids .

It would be unhealthy to have a KFC on a daily basis , but the occasional one , once a month or so, will not cause any harm

On 10/08/2017 at 6:42 AM, csabo said:

I wouldn't eat KFC if it was free and I was dying of starvation but sometimes the misses tries to get some to bring home for the boys. She routinely walks out empty handed and I ask what happened to the chicken to which she replies "They didn't have any". There's always staff behind the counter but nothing ready to sell. Yum restaurants may want to re-think this. 

The KFCs don't have chicken?

I can't understand with the great taste of chicken and sticky rice off street stalls why Thais eat this junk food. Far more expensive and less healthy in comparison- must be the 'look at me we can afford to eat expensive chicken' mood.

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

A KFC will not kill you .

They are also not trying to "murder" your kids .

It would be unhealthy to have a KFC on a daily basis , but the occasional one , once a month or so, will not cause any harm

The problem is when these kids get addicted to KFC or Mcdonald. Kids cannot control themselves and so easily persuaded by the advertising. Just analyze those advertising you will see how insidious they are. They don't just say "Eat this chicken is so nice" no, they create  an image that  you kids are happy here in KFC, we are one big family,(what they didn't say is come on eat till you are sick with cancer 15 or 20 years down the road.)

Repeatedly re-heat the same oil at high temperature will change the molecular structure of the oil they become carcinogenic. You don't drop dead eating foods cook with this oil , but the damage is done on the cellular structure in your internal organs over the years if you eat it often enough. But kids do eat them often.

Why are kids having sore throat, fever, and headache? Some are so tired you think that is how they should be? I know a couple who never let their kids eat these fast foods, their kids look really healthy, they are age 9, 12 and 17 they never complain of being sick. They are not over weight and they look active. Most important they look intelligent not stupid, they don't talk stupid when you converse with them, why, because foods affect your brains. Stupid foods make you stupid.