Police formally ask prosecutor for extradition of Boss

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Advice you would be well advised to follow yourself considering your head in the sand viewpoint.

I have probably read more Thai history books than you have heard of. Certainly know more of Thai history than the average Thai ( a very low benchmark ).

I have lived all over Thailand during my 35 year stay here and was fluent in Thai , written and spoken , 30 years ago. Living in Issan for a long time means I can also speak a fair bit of the local dialect and have conversed with them about everything under the sun.

If you go to Phatalung in the south there is a memorial there to the hundreds of Thai that were burnt alive in red oil drums by the military on trumped up charges of communism although many others suffered this treatment for no reason at all. Other suspects were thrown alive from helicopters into the jungle.

There are even monuments to the excesses of the military right here in Bangkok if you would only get out more and open your eyes.

The Boss case is just the typical scenario seen so often in Thailand where rich people use their cash and influence to evade justice. That you should make any comment trying to justify or mitigate it beggars belief.

How is my head in the sand? Just because I disagree with you about the impossibly of a revolution?

I repeat, read some history books as I can't be arsed pointing out the facts as it's off topic.

Making a lot of assumptions here. I actually taught Thai History for 2 years, many years ago, I have read many and have at least 100 books on the subject in my library.

You picked the wrong guy to try and impress by your length of stay in Thailand.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, gummy said:

Here we go, and the p***ng match begins by people professing to have a knowledge of the Thai language and have  a good position, yet acting like children in the "acting like children" syndrome as many do on this forum.  Grow up and address the posters original topic rather than trying to score childish points off one another.

Indeed!

And I'm still awaiting to be schooled by the translator in my misunderstanding of the Thai language, never hurts to hear the alternative, I might just learn something new today.

12 minutes ago, BasalBanality said:

Indeed!

And I'm still awaiting to be schooled by the translator in my misunderstanding of the Thai language, never hurts to hear the alternative, I might just learn something new today.

Post it in the Thai language section as writing Thai here is against the rules. I'd be happy to tell you how you are confused about the use of this word. The Royal Thai Police being 'greng jai' is actually a very funny thing to say.

3 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Post it in the Thai language section as writing Thai here is against the rules. I'd be happy to tell you how you are confused about the use of this word. The Royal Thai Police being 'greng jai' is actually a very funny thing to say.

Feel free for send me a message within these forums, I doubt anyone else would be interested in discourse of such banality.

The whole point of a 'Red Notice' is to alert police forces of all member countries that he is wanted in his own country putting them on notice.  It's not an arrest warrant but would make travel very difficult. I doubt that 'Red Bull' could pay off every police force to protect him.

18 hours ago, ezflip said:

Cue the music...

Enjoyed listening to that but the music broke at around 2.10.

Someone should do a montage of that music with a chronology the pathetic excuses which have gone on.

Edited by Tilacme

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

The whole point of a 'Red Notice' is to alert police forces of all member countries that he is wanted in his own country putting them on notice.  It's not an arrest warrant but would make travel very difficult. I doubt that 'Red Bull' could pay off every police force to protect him.

Hells bells, cant get real world agencies involved when an in-house ping pong game is in full flow.

Just a thought, demand his whereabouts from his mother, family, and if they don't cooperate or give false information charge them with obstructing justice.

I have no idea whether this would be legal, any comments from the legal experts?

Yes, I read this morning elsewhere. The PM talks of 'police reform' and what I really think he means is is that this type of event shouldn't even reach the public ears. I'll bet the family of this guy knows where he is, even the lower levels of the company...all been bought off no doubt.

20 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"....so his office could do nothing until the police have come up with the exact location of the suspect."

Obfuscation once again on a grand scale., .

It took 5 years ONLY to come up with a "formal" extradition request missing the essential information to actually make it happen - this to ensure that the rest of the charges will drain into the sand and the police is covered behind the assertion we did what we could taken into account the complex situation...;)

20 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Issue arrest warrant then inform Interpol.

Interpol then issues the notice and informs foreign police departments that he is wanted on a warrant. 

You can't fool us you lying cowards.

OMG we agree!

Scandalous obfuscation and has been from the start.

I thought that was the whole point of Interpol. Acting as an information exchange between law enforcement agencies in different countries  to facilitate the capture of wanted suspects who have fled their own country to avoid arrest.

Just how hard is it to fill the forms in? Seemingly not in the play boy monks case. But this one, another story. And as this case is about a cop killer, I'm sure Interpol and other police forces would be sympathetic and keen to help.

Also, the boy flew to Singapore on one of the family's private planes. Then seems to have vanished. So Singapore hasn't got good immigration control and doesn't track how and when foreigners leave? Why haven't those details been made public?

This is a real example of how extreme wealth can get away with anything. If not for some press and social media this would have all been allowed to blow over a long time ago. As it is, the statute of limitations for not helping will expire 3/9. So nearly clear.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

OMG we agree!

Scandalous obfuscation and has been from the start.

I thought that was the whole point of Interpol. Acting as an information exchange between law enforcement agencies in different countries  to facilitate the capture of wanted suspects who have fled their own country to avoid arrest.

Just how hard is it to fill the forms in? Seemingly not in the play boy monks case. But this one, another story. And as this case is about a cop killer, I'm sure Interpol and other police forces would be sympathetic and keen to help.

Also, the boy flew to Singapore on one of the family's private planes. Then seems to have vanished. So Singapore hasn't got good immigration control and doesn't track how and when foreigners leave? Why haven't those details been made public?

This is a real example of how extreme wealth can get away with anything. If not for some press and social media this would have all been allowed to blow over a long time ago. As it is, the statute of limitations for not helping will expire 3/9. So nearly clear.

"Also, the boy flew to Singapore on one of the family's private planes. Then seems to have vanished. So Singapore hasn't got good immigration control and doesn't track how and when foreigners leave? Why haven't those details been made public?"

My belief is that Singapore has sophisticated methods but it seems to me it would be very easy for him to get from Singapore to Malaysia un-noticed. I would tend to believe this happens all the time and close to impossible for Singapore to monitor every inch of it's coach. Also there would be little doubt there are folks who for the right money can provide a boat or whatever to depart from the least monitored in Singapore and arrive in a less monitored point in Malaysia and at what time is the most opportune, and who to pay off to turn a blind eye.

And as well established the money for an activity like this would be peanuts to this family. 

What an absolute farce this case has become.  5 years have elapsed and NOTHING concrete has been done to arrest the culprit and they are now waiting for September 3rd to pass by so that one other charge can be deleted.

The whole world, if aware of this case, must be laughing at the complete ineptitude of the Thai (so-called) Justice system.  Who does not now fully understand that there is indeed one law for the poor and NO law for the rich and powerful.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Just a thought, demand his whereabouts from his mother, family, and if they don't cooperate or give false information charge them with obstructing justice.

I have no idea whether this would be legal, any comments from the legal experts?

I am sure you already know that what I am about to say is basically the way things are here.

Nobody "demands" anything from the Yoovidhya clan. They don't take orders, they give them. These people are politely requested or suggested to do things via managers, lawyers and accountants..I doubt they would be seen in the company of anyone wearing a uniform.

6 hours ago, phkauf said:

For all those questioning why the RTP doesn't take the murder of their fellow officer seriously, the answer is quite simple: They don't give a Sh!t about each other, it's all about how much each can grab for themselves. It's unbelievable how when they want to solve a crime, usually high profile, it will be done astonishingly fast, yet day-to-day laziness and incompetence rule. There is no sense of duty to the job, like you see in police forces around the world. Here it's all about how much can I grab and position myself for more.

The whole RTP senior core needs to be ripped out and trashed - no inactive posts, no transfers to a new desk - just sacked with no chance to return. Bring in outside (that is non-Thai) consultants to retrain the lower level police in a proper way and then rebuild from within. This would also entail raising salaries so the officers wouldn't need to resort to corruption just to make a decent living. Any future corruption would be severely punished with a prison term, the one thing police fear the most is going to prison with the people they put there.

I know this is fantasyland, but that's the solution. And for the Red Bull D'bag, he's not going to face justice until the whole of the Senior RTP is gone.

You read my mind. Well said.

6 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

How is my head in the sand? Just because I disagree with you about the impossibly of a revolution?

I repeat, read some history books as I can't be arsed pointing out the facts as it's off topic.

Making a lot of assumptions here. I actually taught Thai History for 2 years, many years ago, I have read many and have at least 100 books on the subject in my library.

You picked the wrong guy to try and impress by your length of stay in Thailand.

If Thailand were ever to have a serious meaningful revolution it would require the participation of the masses from all over Thailand. 

The overthrow of the absolute monarchy by a few dissatisfied  military and civilians in 1932 is hardly on the French scale and the lives of rural people were almost untouched. Likewise the 1973 popular uprising was a Bangkok affair led by students....not a nationwide revolution.

As things stand now I repeat a popular revolution by the masses right now seems a long way away. Although  it is something I would like to see if it would result in a Thailand where the rule of law applied to everyone equally.

As for your statement before :

Would anyone here actually NOT pay of the police to help their kid? '

I think a lot of people  indeed would not pay the police to help their kid if their kid had just committed  manslaughter. I would prefer a child of mine to be responsible for their actions.

1 hour ago, wavemanwww said:

7 hours ago, phkauf said:

For all those questioning why the RTP doesn't take the murder of their fellow officer seriously, the answer is quite simple: They don't give a Sh!t about each other, it's all about how much each can grab for themselves. It's unbelievable how when they want to solve a crime, usually high profile, it will be done astonishingly fast, yet day-to-day laziness and incompetence rule. There is no sense of duty to the job, like you see in police forces around the world. Here it's all about how much can I grab and position myself for more.

The whole RTP senior core needs to be ripped out and trashed - no inactive posts, no transfers to a new desk - just sacked with no chance to return. Bring in outside (that is non-Thai) consultants to retrain the lower level police in a proper way and then rebuild from within. This would also entail raising salaries so the officers wouldn't need to resort to corruption just to make a decent living. Any future corruption would be severely punished with a prison term, the one thing police fear the most is going to prison with the people they put there.

I know this is fantasyland, but that's the solution. And for the Red Bull D'bag, he's not going to face justice until the whole of the Senior RTP is gone.

I don't disagree in any way, in fact I really hope the day comes when there is a 44 order to sideline every cop in the top 4 or 5 levels and replaced by chosen military seniors.

Back to phkauf 's post above; I would add one more item - new serious regulations which dictate clearly that all promotions are based on two main criteris:

- Well displayed, well noticed and documented superior knowledge and capabilities.

- Well proven superior documented work performance for 80% of the time in the force but for the most recent 5 years personal performance must be at the highest level of the performance ranking scale.

- No previous incidents or suggestions of corruption or cronyism etc.

- All of the above must be well documented and at the immediate disposal of the PM and other public bodies.

- Any suggestion whatever of any political allegiance / connection and the candidate is barred immediately. 

- All promotions must be approved by 80% / 90% of a committee of which 50% of the members must be well respected and insightful civilians, and all discussions at the committee meetings must be documented and available to the public no later then 6 months after all appointments.

IMHO until there is something in place like the above there will be no progress on many fronts. 

Yes I'm a dreamer. 

Edited by scorecard

23 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This nonsense amounts to nothing more that the RTP trying to extract more money from the Boy Wonder,

The cow can be milked for as long as the RTP want it to be.

Only till Sept 3rd then he free to come back to Thailand, No Charge!