Martial Law

andy1308

Hi, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, of it this isn't the best place to post this.

I was watching CNN yesterday evening and they reported that Martial Law is still in place in Bangkok right now because the order lifting it, that was reported back in early December, has not yet been signed off.

Perhaps I am alone in not knowing, but I didn't remember seeing this fact reported elsewhere.

I just remember seeing the 'Martial Law lifted in Bangkok' headline at the end of November, but don't remember seeing 'Well actually it hasn't' headline given similar status.

I was (wrongly) under the impression that it has been lifted in Bangkok, so at least I have learned something new today. <smiles>

A military coup aimed at any democratically elected leader of a sovereign nation must be looked at with much scrunity. Thailand has had a bad record when it comes to allowing democracy to work. Having had numerous coup d etat's in their young democracy, Thailands need to allow the power of the ballot to be vechicle for change and not the power of the bullet.