Pattaya cabbie knocks out foreign tourist who grabbed his shirt

webfact

I wonder if the cops would be so nonchalant had the falang knocked out the cabbie? Well...not really, if it had been that way the cabbie would have returned with 20 close friends waving machetes. Then he would have to nop and pray at a temple for a couple of weeks to be forgiven. Maybe shave his head, too.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what is written, and some people  "need' to give a lesson. But does it need to trigger an aggression?

He apparently blocked it long enough for the driver to get pissed, jump out and pop him.

The guy was drunk, it does not surprise me that a drunk tourist would show his a** and try to sell a few wolf tickets. I'm more surprised the driver oils by one...

Did the taxi leave his meter running and his customer in the vehicle while waiting for the police to arrive?...Perhaps not if he was one of those "samaritain" drivers who insist to drive you off meter, with a special price for you!!

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, AGLV0121 said:

Missed the point the guy was drunk.

and you know this how exactly

I will go back to my post many pages ago, the guy was doing his best to cross what amounts  to a road in a tourist pedestrian area with vehicles doing highway speeds and will run you over if you get in their way ...... or they might do some heavy braking and just miss you....................at which point If it was me ............. I would be seriously angry at some lunatic almost killing me, I have a very high level of confidence that that is exactly what happened ..................................we have a taxi Thai driver driving on 2nd road and someone trying to cross 2nd road as best they can and almost got run over - I would be very angry at this also ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have seen this happen many times on 2nd road pattaya

The local authorities need to do something to slow the traffic right down on 2nd road - it is inner city it is a route to nowhere - it is in the heart of the tourist area .......................................................nobody has any need to be doing more than 25kmph, if it was my choice I would pedestrianise  beach road and 2nd road and have a tram system for transport instead of a 2nd road race track as it is now, honestly where are these people going that they need to be driving this fast

PATTAYA CITY NEED TO SORT THIS OUT

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

How'd the visa run go?

Just good, got three months.

Very easy, 2 pictures 4x6 cms, fill the form you get for free cross the street - they even provide the glue for the pictures.

remit before 11AM, get the passport and visa next day 2PM.

Many hotels around, Avalon: nice and clean.

Ah, important: show equivalent of $700 in cash or hardcopy of bank statement

and 1000 Bahts

HTH

• 5 weeks later...

Amazing how effective these little fighters can be. They all know that the big fat farang is likely to make a lot of noise for a while; so they don't waste any time and go right to the fact of the matter.

Here, if you want to get a chance, hit.. and run.. try to evade the pack of 20 rabid dogs that will be coming after you, inevitably...

Edited by KiChakayan

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/08/2017 at 4:15 PM, Moonmoon said:

Economy is bad. Shirts are hard to come by. Don't grab others' shirts, they will protect it with their lives.

Bloke was lucky he got away with a Knockout punch. Could have been worse.

He could have had a gang of taximobbers on him.

On 8/11/2017 at 12:15 PM, Moonmoon said:

Economy is bad. Shirts are hard to come by. Don't grab others' shirts, they will protect it with their lives.

Bloke was lucky he got away with a Knockout punch. Could have been worse.

Sure, could have got the same taxi as the passenger with his clocked up fare taking even more wind out his sails by the looks of it ........................:passifier:

On 11/08/2017 at 5:59 PM, Justgrazing said:

Absolutely spot on Smed's old boy .. Trying to cross 2nd road ( particularly at night ) is a treacherous experience .. even if the large vehicles slow or stop for you its  the mental motorcyclists who will take you out .. Subway's or footbridges ( as they have in provincial cities and Bangkok ) are the only really safe options .. 

Zebra crossings combined with road studs and humps in the road starting a 100 yards before the crossing. Plus fines of course. And in this case the driver should be charged with attempted murder .

Edited by The manic

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2017 at 4:24 AM, InMyShadow said:

the real version is farang crossing road and as usual taxi makes no attempt to stop until 2 inches away

farang smacked Bonnet in frustration

taxi had split second decision whilst consumed with loss of face and rage, decided to leave machete in car and use fist

So the guy walks in front of a speeding car and gets mad when it stops for him?

14 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So the guy walks in front of a speeding car and gets mad when it stops for him?

There's more to it than that... Lots of these Taxi's don't want to stop... they leave breaking to the last possible moment and intimidate the pedestrian.... its not just the Taxi's but a number of drivers appear to accelerate to prevent someone from crossing the road in front of them almost as if they are fearful of the loss of face they would encounter if having to give way to someone on foot.

--------------------

I've nearly found myself in situations with Taxi's in Bangkok who actively accelerate towards me as I'm crossing the road when 'other' road users have stopped or slowed. 

One Taxi even skidded to a halt when I showed my annoyance... no, not the bird or any offensive gesture.. just palms up as if to ask 'Why?'...  He was about to get out of the car and I assume try and attack me before he decided better of it (perhaps he wasn't armed with a Machete). 

Well the taxi driver has to ask himself whether the farangs actions were worth the hassle after the punch was launched and if the farang did confront the taxi driver then I'm sure that when he wakes up he will also ask whether it was worth the hassle as well. Sometimes its better to keep on walking and let it go.

• 2 weeks later...

I was nearly knocked down on 2nd road by a taxi on the crossing by central festival

The other week

The other cars slowed down for  us pedestrians to cross while the taxi driver clearly speeded up actually making contact with me 

Then he tried to blame me for hitting his car

So i can sympathise with the ferang

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Taxi driver detained for punching foreigner in the face 

tpb1.jpg

A taxi driver in Pattaya was arrested by police after he was seen punching a foreigner in the face.

The 40-year-old foreigner whose identity remains unknown fell to the ground unconsciously after he was punched in the face by the taxi driver Anand Boontang.

The incident happened before midnight last night (Aug 10) in front of White Rose hotel on Pattaya 2 road in Pattaya.

He stayed at the scene until the police arrived and detained him for questioning.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/taxi-driver-detained-punching-foreigner-face/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-11

And absolutely no one knows the basics to put him in Recovery Position and monitor his breathing. <deleted>,

Not saying all taxi drivers in Pattaya are crazy but I had an instance at the intersection at bottom of phratamnak hill a driver swerved his car across the road to knock me off my motorbike for no reason as I was waiting for lights to change at front of the cue and just started moving when green lights came on. I put some power on and swerved to avoid a collision. After I slowed down to see what the problem was and moved to inside lane the driver moved up the outside lane then when passing swerved again very sharply to hit me again. At this point, my rational side of my brain wasn't working and  I was in kick-ass mode as I have a problem when people try to kill me for no reason. Luckily the taxi driver swerved a right turn into phratamnak hill going towards big buddah and the red mist went away. Lucky for me as I probably would have been hurt if I started fighting with a local man

On 8/11/2017 at 3:53 PM, smedly said:

2nd road is extremely dangerous to cross because drivers are speeding, it is right in the heart of the tourist scene and just like beach road should have traffic calming measures to slow the speed down, nobody should be doing more than 20kmph, what's the hurry, I have seen many incidents caused by speeding cars, I suspect that is exactly what happened here, this Farang was crossing the road and nearly go run over by a taxi driver driving like a lunatic.

It could be argued why try to cross the road - well there is only one way and we all know about the pedestrian lights and how effective they are so if you want to get across there is no other option, they need effective traffic calming in all these high density tourist areas.

i cannot see it happening like that , well done taxi driver , it says the tourist blocked the taxi driver way dont think he would do that with a speeding taxi ??? the pedestrian was probably on drugs and acting like an idiot when he thought he would pick on a smaller taxi driver and got what he deserved