Why is Fox News not available on Karon cable.

LivinginKata

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

No VPN. Just got to YouTube and search MSNBC or FOX News. Here's the link I'm watching for MSNBC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CQlkoB_3oc

Sky News also streams on youtube for any Brits out there. 

Smart TV with youtube and Netflix plus a good VPN on the computer for BBC and ITV. That's my TV these days; no satellite, no cable, though I am thinking of a Kodi box depending upon the possible Premier League crackdown.

For whatever it is worth, I am in Khon Kaen (the frigid Northeast). FNC has been on channel 4 of KTV cable for as long as I have lived here, so for at least 12 or 13  years.  Last week, same experience as described here:  "Service is not running or is scrambled."  Then FNC replaced by another news channel on channel 4. 

Also, same experience as related by the OP.  KTV giveth and KTV taketh away!  From time-to-time channels are removed and replaced.  We had Universal and SyFy for a couple of years.  Now have Star TV instead.  Star Movies went dark last week.  Several years ago, we had the Africa channels.  There have been other changes as well that have faded from memory.

At last our local Karon office has admitted that it's not a technical problem and admit it's a money problem up in Bangkok. They have no idea when service will be resumed. Told them I am not paying this month's charges and I don't mind them cutting my service for non payment.

On a similar note and not worth starting a new thread.

BBC News channel on cable in Kamala for the last few weeks has had the volume so low that I have to turn the TV volume to full and the sound quality is terrible.  Also, I keep forgetting to turn the volume down before changing the channel.  That'll wake you up.

That just leaves Al Jezera unless the Saudis and their GCC allies get their way.

Here in Jomtien i have Banglamung cable. Same as everyone else no Fox. While i wont miss Hannity 4 times a day or Waters for that matter. I do miss what actual U.S. news they did show. No CNN or Headlines news. Just BBC Asian News channel and Al Jazeera. Would like Fox back .if they got rid of Pattaya One News. Or better yet an English news channel based here in Thailand .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Now have a news channel called I-24 on the fox news slot. Cancelling my subscription at Karon Cable this month. 

Ditto re. i24 - Israeli news channel. I'm cancelling Rawai cable. Now streaming FNC on Youtube on a spare PC - should've done it years ago and saved 250 Baht/month!

Nice to know so many people watched it, liked it and miss it. I make no comments about MSNBC, CNN or BBC.

Edit: Added bonus on Youtube - no more of those stupid Fox Extra items: eg. Dr Manny, people with big hats singing badly, and adverts for a Tutankhamen exhibition that state at the very end:  "Open until May 2016".

Edited by JetsetBkk

I received a response from Fox News International regarding the Fox outage.   Apparently, it's not a country wide Thailand issue, but the individual decision of various cable TV distributors. 

TMN in Pattaya is one vendor that decided not to carry Fox.  They didn't mention a larger vendor, Sophon, but it appears to be the same situation.  If any individual subscribers to any TV vendor would like to see Fox returned to their service, it would probably be best to make your wishes known to the vendor.

Here is the response from Fox:

Fox News is being distributed by, MeTV (UiTV) and AIS Playbox nationwide, there is no licensing issue in the country.

TMN has decided not to continue to carry Fox News.  Our team in Asia is working to resolve the issue.  In the meantime, Fox News can be viewed from the above mentioned operators.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  We understand how important Fox News is to our viewers around the world.
Please continue to make TMN aware how important Fox News is to you.  

40 minutes ago, SurfRider said:

Our team in Asia is working to resolve the issue.  In the meantime, Fox News can be viewed from the above mentioned operators.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  We understand how important Fox News is to our viewers around the world.

Fox News on cable is not so important to this viewer, now that I'm watching it on Youtube. biggrin.gif

While setting up a spare PC with a Google Chrome shortcut on the desktop that goes straight to Fox on Youtube, I accidentally hit the "Cast" icon and it appeared on my TV.  Just can't get away from it! smile.gif

10 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

<snip>

Edit: Added bonus on Youtube - no more of those stupid Fox Extra items: eg. Dr Manny, people with big hats singing badly, and adverts for a Tutankhamen exhibition that state at the very end:  "Open until May 2016".

Dr. Manny:  "...Until next time, I'm Dr. Manny."

I always wanted to ask, "Who are you going to be next time, Dr. Schweitzer?"
:cheesy:

Rawai cable, which i think is the same as Karon cable now have

BBC, Bloomberg, Asia news, Al Jazeera, i 24, Euronews and CGTN (chinese)

Plenty of US news and Trump Ostentatiousness on those channels without the propaganda of fox news  

15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Ditto re. i24 - Israeli news channel. I'm cancelling Rawai cable. Now streaming FNC on Youtube on a spare PC - should've done it years ago and saved 250 Baht/month!

Nice to know so many people watched it, liked it and miss it. I make no comments about MSNBC, CNN or BBC.

I have been streaming FNC and forced to waste my time with the 4 minute ad spots.

Just tried YouTube Fox. At first I thought wonderful - then I realised they only had a limited number of clips for a one hour show. Sometimes only 2 when the show had 6 segments. Also there is no time stamp to know when the clip was recorded in real time, only downloaded time.

In summary - Utube does not work for me.

Edited by LivinginKata

With Pulse TV, amongst the general TV programmes I get live Sky News, BBC News (note, as well as BBC World), ABC News, CNN International, Fox News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, Euronews (French).   I know it's not solving your problem with cable, but as an alternative it's pretty hard to beat.

7 minutes ago, pagallim said:

With Pulse TV, amongst the general TV programmes I get live Sky News, BBC News (note, as well as BBC World), ABC News, CNN International, Fox News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, Euronews (French).   I know it's not solving your problem with cable, but as an alternative it's pretty hard to beat.

So you get Fox News ? Need to google Pulse TV as I never heard of that. Do you pay a month subcription. Internet driven. Or dish ?

Just now, LivinginKata said:

So you get Fox News ? Need to google Pulse TV as I never heard of that. Do you pay a month subcription. Internet driven. Or dish ?

Internet driven (this is their 'support' page which you can use the drop down menus to get pricing and further info:   https://pulse-tv.net/support/#_faq

I have just renewed my 1 year subscription (10,000 baht) and am more than happy with their service.   Their support is very good (bottom right hand corner of the link I've attached is a 'chat' box that operates during normal working hours).   You also get 4 connections, for example with the set top box which I have on my TV, my computer (via their App), and my phone (again via their App).   One spare for?   I know you're a fan of F1, and Sky's F1 channel is included, as well as all the other sports and core UK channels etc.

They are not a Thai company, and don't have servers in Thailand (unlike Expat TV which was shut down).   You need a decent download speed, and an ISP that doesn't 'throttle' international connections (I have AIS Fibre, and they don't).   You can also watch any programme up to 24 hours after it's aired.   

I've recommended their system to a few people, and all are more than happy.   Other than being a satisfied customer, I have no affiliation with Pulse.

6 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I have been streaming FNC and forced to waste my time with the 4 minute ad spots.

Just tried YouTube Fox. At first I thought wonderful - then I realised they only had a limited number of clips for a one hour show. Sometimes only 2 when the show had 6 segments. Also there is no time stamp to know when the clip was recorded in real time, only downloaded time.

In summary - Utube does not work for me.

I might be retracting the above, I see if I select videos rather than individual programes   then I get many more clips  of recent live Fox TV. Still a work in progress for me.

40 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I might be retracting the above, I see if I select videos rather than individual programes   then I get many more clips  of recent live Fox TV. Still a work in progress for me.

Which link are you using? I go to this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-jDl8365w

The times displayed on screen when people are reporting from various locations, e.g. Pacific or Eastern time, match the current time.

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Which link are you using? I go to this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-jDl8365w

The times displayed on screen when people are reporting from various locations, e.g. Pacific or Eastern time, match the current time.

Excellent - that's what I want - 4 hour buffer - thank you.

8 hours ago, pagallim said:

Wow you are getting ABC News on Pulse? The only thing I get is webcams, from the WH, some Ranch, some Capitols and the screen that it is ABC News streaming.

Have indicated that to them many many times but still the same crap. Maybe some people like that, for me total waste

As I am writing, I get only the webcam of the Donald Mansion in DC, at least I can see that the weather is good in DC.

21 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I just turned on the channel that used to be Fox News on Rawai Cable, then i24, now it's Sky News. That should make some happy, or not.

Have it here on Karon Cable.  After Fox News then Sky is just so  insipid and boring. FNC was pure news entertainment for me, never a dull moment. Yet both owned by leftie Murdoch. Since Ailes was ousted from FNC the channel line-up has headed downhill. But the  Utube FNC live stream feed meets all my viewing needs.