Trump condemns 'hate' after protest violence in Virginia

rooster59

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KunMatt said:

Did CNN broadcast the whole rally or just the bits they wanted to?

Also, I don't think Trump is unpopular as CNN wants you to believe.

https://www.nccivitas.org/2017/2016-election-held-unaffiliated-voters-vote-trump/

A poll by Civitas, which calls itself "North Carolina's Conservative Voice", concluded that North Carolina would still vote for Trump over Clinton.  So?

I've been wondering about this guy. Maurice Symonette. The token black man?

You've seen him positioned camera friendy, directly behind the occupier of the White House's rallies for a year.

With the same sign.

The Real Story Behind That ‘Blacks for Trump’ Guy At The Arizona Rally

"His rap sheet lists arrests for racketeering, firebombing, conspiracy in 14 murders, and grand theft auto,

the New Times reported in 2011."

"In the early 1990s, Symonette, who then went by the name of Maurice Woodside, was arrested along with

other members of an African-American cult called the Temple of Love, the New Times reported."

"Its leader, Yahweh ben Yahweh (formerly known as Hulon Mitchell Jr.), was later sentenced to 20 years in federal prison 

for conspiring to commit murder."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/blacks-for-trump-man-rally-maurice-symonette_us_599db434e4b0d8dde99aa7d2

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-news/video-world-news/who-is-the-man-behind-iblacks-for-trumpi-20170824-4xfiy.html

The strange story of that ‘Blacks for Trump’ guy standing behind POTUS at his Phoenix rally

"Ricardo Woodside, Maurice’s brother, had once been in the cult but left after his mother’s death."

"Woodside testified in court that his brother had helped beat a man named Aston Green, who argued with Yahweh

and was taken to the Florida Everglades and beheaded with a dull machete, reported the New Times."

"He also testified that Maurice Woodside was the cult member who stabbed a Louisiana man named Leonard Dupree

in the eye with a sharpened stick."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-strange-story-of-that-‘blacks-for-trump’-guy-standing-behind-potus-at-his-phoenix-rally/ar-AAqzQon

Maurice Symonette's hateful, unhinged racist rants on his website here:

http://www.honestfact.com

599dbf421e00002700c5f006.jpeg

You've seen him positioned camera friendy, directly behind the occupier of the White House's rallies for a year.
With the same sign.

"His rap sheet lists arrests for racketeering, firebombing, conspiracy in 14 murders, and grand theft auto,

"In the early 1990s, Symonette, who then went by the name of Maurice Woodside, was arrested along with
other members of an African-American cult called the Temple of Love, the New Times reported."

"Its leader, Yahweh ben Yahweh (formerly known as Hulon Mitchell Jr.), was later sentenced to 20 years in federal prison 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/blacks-for-trump-man-rally-maurice-symonette_us_599db434e4b0d8dde99aa7d2
http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-news/video-world-news/who-is-the-man-behind-iblacks-for-trumpi-20170824-4xfiy.html

The strange story of that ‘Blacks for Trump’ guy standing behind POTUS at his Phoenix rally
"Ricardo Woodside, Maurice’s brother, had once been in the cult but left after his mother’s death."

"Woodside testified in court that his brother had helped beat a man named Aston Green, who argued with Yahweh
and was taken to the Florida Everglades and beheaded with a dull machete, reported the New Times."

"He also testified that Maurice Woodside was the cult member who stabbed a Louisiana man named Leonard Dupree
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-strange-story-of-that-‘blacks-for-trump’-guy-standing-behind-potus-at-his-phoenix-rally/ar-AAqzQon

[/url]  

599dbf421e00002700c5f006.jpeg.78ffc38cc2f6511754372e5ae6b1eb0c.jpeg

I'm amazed trumps security would allow him in the building. Watch your back trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Charlottesville violence: Rabbis cancel Trump call over remarks

"The four groups said Donald Trump's statements were "so lacking in moral leadership and empathy" that the traditional call to mark the Jewish holidays could not take place."

"The President's words have given succor to those who advocate anti-Semitism, racism, and xenophobia," the coalition said."

"Responsibility for the violence that occurred in Charlottesville, including the death of Heather Heyer, does not lie with many sides but with one side: the Nazis, alt-right and white supremacists who brought their hate to a peaceful community."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41034504

"so lacking in moral leadership and empathy"

Hear hear.

Edited by iReason

42 minutes ago, iReason said:

Charlottesville violence: Rabbis cancel Trump call over remarks

"The four groups said Donald Trump's statements were "so lacking in moral leadership and empathy" that the traditional call to mark the Jewish holidays could not take place."

"The President's words have given succor to those who advocate anti-Semitism, racism, and xenophobia," the coalition said."

"Responsibility for the violence that occurred in Charlottesville, including the death of Heather Heyer, does not lie with many sides but with one side: the Nazis, alt-right and white supremacists who brought their hate to a peaceful community."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41034504

"so lacking in moral leadership and empathy"

Hear hear.

Thing is, Trump showed a surprising lack of moral leadership and empathy in the course of his life, during the campaign and throughout the first seven months of his presidency. They weren't *too* concerned as long as he portrayed himself as a "friend of Israel"

Now that he exposed himself as a Nazi sympathizer, they see him for what he always was.

The lesson here is as it has always been with fascists: believe what you see. If he marginalizes one group, be worried because your group will be next. I know Chinese Americans that support him because they hate Mexicans and Muslims. They don't realize that they're on his list too.

Thing is, Trump showed a surprising lack of moral leadership and empathy in the course of his life, during the campaign and throughout the first seven months of his presidency. They weren't *too* concerned as long as he portrayed himself as a "friend of Israel"

Now that he exposed himself as a Nazi sympathizer, they see him for what he always was.

The lesson here is as it has always been with fascists: believe what you see. If he marginalizes one group, be worried because your group will be next. I know Chinese Americans that support him because they hate Mexicans and Muslims. They don't realize that they're on his list too.

A significant percentage of Jews voted for Hillary and a significant percentage have been anti trump since he started to run. I consider it very offensive what you're insinuating about American Jews. That their only and top issue is always Israel. That is definitely not the truth. It is true of a minority percentage of American Jews.

I think that's a shame but necessary to acknowledge to keep this response honest.

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A significant percentage of Jews voted for Hillary and a significant percentage have been anti trump since he started to run. I consider it very offensive what you're insinuating about American Jews. That their only and top issue is always Israel. That is definitely not the truth. It is true of a minority percentage of American Jews.

I think that's a shame but necessary to acknowledge to keep this response honest.

I'm insinuating nothing about American Jews as a I have no idea how they voted, or whether they vote as a block. I am referring to the Rabbis that have cancelled a call they never should have arranged in the first place, because Trumo's moral character and lack of empathy were well known before Charlottesville—the reason they give for cancelling the call.

I'm insinuating nothing about American Jews as a I have no idea how they voted, or whether they vote as a block. I am referring to the Rabbis that have cancelled a call they never should have arranged in the first place, because Trumo's moral character and lack of empathy were well known before Charlottesville—the reason they give for cancelling the call.

Now you know how they voted. I read an insinuation whether intentional or not.

Anyone following this would already know that Jews have been massively active in the anti trump resistance from the start.

The vast majority of American Jews are left leaning and very concerned about all kinds of civil rights issues.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now you know how they voted. I read an insinuation whether intentional or not.

Anyone following this would already know that Jews have been massively active in the anti trump resistance from the start.

The vast majority of American Jews are left leaning and very concerned about all kinds of civil rights issues.

Do you think the Rabbis should have arranged a call to Trump—a man famously known for low moral character and lack of empathy—and then cancelled the call citing as their reason his low moral character and lack of empathy? The only thing that changed between the time the call was arranged (whenever that was) and the time of the cancellation is the clarification of Trump's overt support of Nazis.

7 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

Hahahaha. Please be more hysterical with your anti-Trump rants.

See if you can work in even more leftist slandering. You could easily have used the word "bigot" in there a couple of times.

You don't agree with the statement "Trump's overt support of Nazis"

however, the Nazis themselves do, according to a plethora of comments at their own daily stormer website.

You don't agree with the statement "Trump's overt support of Nazis"

however, the Nazis themselves do, according to a plethora of comments at their own daily stormer website.

He blamed all sides and you badly want this to mean he "overtly supports Nazis"!

Do you think the Rabbis should have arranged a call to Trump—a man famously known for low moral character and lack of empathy—and then cancelled the call citing as their reason his low moral character and lack of empathy? The only thing that changed between the time the call was arranged (whenever that was) and the time of the cancellation is the clarification of Trump's overt support of Nazis.

You're piling it on now and getting more offensive. Many many people and groups are dumping any contact with trump now in the wake of Charlottesville. Religious leaders of any religion having a civil call with any president during major holidays is normal. Normally that should be apolitical. But these are abnormal times with such a horribly bad president.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're piling it on now and getting more offensive. Many many people and groups are dumping any contact with trump now in the wake of Charlottesville. Religious leaders of any religion having a civil call with any president during major holidays is normal. Normally that should be apolitical. But these are abnormal times with such a horribly bad president.

I cannot control whatever it is you are reading into my comments. If you think it is is anti Semitism you are massively wrong.

My comments are specific to the Rabbis who first arranged a call to a man of known low moral character and lack of empathy, then cancelled the call CITING AS THEIR REASON, his low moral character and lack of empathy. Did they suddenly discover a lower level to his moral character by the addition of overt Nazi sympathies. What? Implied Nazi sympathy, islamophobia, misogyny and racist statements against Mexicans wasn't clear enough?

9 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

He blamed all sides and you badly want this to mean he "overtly supports Nazis"!

That's exactly how the Nazis saw it. That's how the people on his own business council and on the arts council and the top military brass saw it. That's how I see it.

That's exactly how the Nazis saw it. That's how the people on his own business council and on the arts council and the top military brass saw it. That's how I see it.

Haha. Ok.

Sorry I didn't mean to butt in.

Please continue arguing amongst yourselves over who hates Trump more.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You could say the same thing about any of the many people and groups that are now eschewing contact with trump specifically because Charlottesville was a historic turning point. For these Jewish leaders too.

I expect more from Rabbis. I expect them to have acted sooner. The ones I've known have shown exceptional moral clarity. These specific Rabbis mentioned in this article, not so much.

I expect more from Rabbis. I expect them to have acted sooner. The ones I've known have shown exceptional moral clarity. These specific Rabbis mentioned in this article, not so much.

Again such interaction is historically nonpartisan / apolitical. They're representing a major religion to any president that happens to be in office.

Again like so many people in many groups trump's response to Charlottesville was the final straw. In the earlier days of his presidency some had the dim hope that he wouldn't be as bad once in office as it seemed he would. Now there is a majority consensus. This is it.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again such interaction is historically nonpartisan / apolitical. They're representing a major religion to any president that happens to be in office.

I don't disagree. Necessary Engagement with a leader one doesn't agree with is not the issue. My issue is with the reason they gave, which makes them look as if they just discovered the man's moral flaws after he showed Nazi sympathies. In their special position as Rabbis, their condemnation needed to be stronger and broader.

7 hours ago, iReason said:

With the same sign.

599dbf421e00002700c5f006.jpeg

4 hours ago, RobFord said:

Considering the man's past, I agree.  It was a major security breach allowing someone like that to get that close to the President.

The Secret Service needs to take note:  Some of Trump's "fine people" are bad people!

I don't disagree. Necessary Engagement with a leader one doesn't agree with is not the issue. My issue is with the reason they gave, which makes them look as if they just discovered the man's moral flaws after he showed Nazi sympathies. In their special position as Rabbis, their condemnation needed to be stronger and broader.

Doing much better than the Christian evangelicals anyway. Sorry, not perfect.

Considering the man's past, I agree.  It was a major security breach allowing someone like that to get that close to the President.

The Secret Service needs to take note:  Some of Trump's "fine people" are bad people!

As long as he's carrying that blacks for trump sign you'll keep seeing that loon at rallies.

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Doing much better than the Christian evangelicals anyway. Sorry, not perfect.

I've written off the evangelicals completely. Not even Jesus can wash their sins. 

As for these particular Rabbis, not only were they far from perfect, they were slower to respond than self-interested CEOs.

1 hour ago, KunMatt said:

Please continue arguing amongst yourselves over who hates Trump more.

Very disconcerting how casual the Trumpeteer acolytes are with the word: HATE.

They appear very comfortable with the word and their abundant use of it.

Very revealing...

:coffee1:

34 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I've written off the evangelicals completely. Not even Jesus can wash their sins. 

As for these particular Rabbis, not only were they far from perfect, they were slower to respond than self-interested CEOs.

Not that slow, dude. The high holy days aren't until well into SEPTEMBER. 

Edited by Jingthing