VIDEO: Thai tourists shamed for trespassing in fragile thermal area at Yellowstone Park

webfact

VIDEO: Thai tourists shamed for trespassing in fragile thermal area at Yellowstone Park

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

A video of Thai tourists, giggling and posing for group photos in a forbidden area at Wyoming’s Yellowstone National Park, went viral yesterday as Thai netizens quickly jumped to shame them online and said they were the embarrassment of Thailand.

The video, shared on YouTube by a guide named “Jeff H.,” shows a group of at least eight Thais, who were chatting in their native language, as well as one Caucasian man, standing in the fragile thermal area, ignoring the danger sign. According to the text in the video, the incident occurred on July 27, near the Fairy Falls trail head.

“What the heck. Hey! Get out of there,” Jeff is heard saying in the video, which was later deleted after it was picked up by Thai media.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/video-thai-tourists-shamed-trespassing-fragile-thermal-area-yellowstone-park/

//Edit: The video can now be viewed here:

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-08-15
Edited by Maestro
Added working link to the video

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots like this are a dreadful example of Thai people. They are akin to trailer trash who think that by having some money and status in Thailand means they can do as they do back home while holidaying in America or wherever they go.

Their reaction when confronted here shows clearly that they knew they were in the wrong, but by being beligerrent en masse their accuser would back off.

It'd be interesting to see if any more comes of this. I hope some more face lost at the very least

Glad the guide posted this to hopefully educate not just Thais but other tourists. Yellowstone has those danger signs for a reason. People have died from falling into the geysers at Yellowstone. Imagine if a Thai fell into it. They'd be crying for Americans to go retrieve the "body". And then someone on this forum would agree with how "incompetent American rescue missions are".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

22 minutes ago, z42 said:

Idiots like this are a dreadful example of Thai people. They are akin to trailer trash who think that by having some money and status in Thailand means they can do as they do back home while holidaying in America or wherever they go.

Their reaction when confronted here shows clearly that they knew they were in the wrong, but by being beligerrent en masse their accuser would back off.

It'd be interesting to see if any more comes of this. I hope some more face lost at the very least

Thais who can afford these holidays are HISOs and as you say "trailer trash" . They think that they can carry on ignoring rules and regulations as they do in their own country given ,  in their immoral minds, they have money so can do want they want.  These are probably the same people who are expecting some US guys to recover the bodies of the other Thai idiots who drove off a ravine .  Don't know what the maximum penalty is but they should get it.  Have their passports stamped as persona non grata and shipped back to Thailand with a placard around their necks saying we are stupid Thais.  Losing face is all these dick heads understand as fines mean nothing to them.

Lucky for them they didn't end up in jail and with a huge fine, remember the Russian tourist feeding the fish ? 

The Thai woman acknowledges the sign that Jeff showed her and said sorry, so why didn't they stay on the other side of the small obstacle (log) and admire from a safe distance ? <deleted> numpties.  

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"Clueless, ignorant, and loving the attention, another Thai lady does the peace signs to Jeff’s camera and shouted proudly “From Thailand!!”

Thailand 4.0....

We just have to make an exception in modern history. We have to downgrade and use a stable version from long time before of these people. Clearly a bug or more has to be fixed.

I hope, from the faces shown, that the names of arrogant Thai women and belligerent _boys_ are recognized by some Thai locals and will be posted on the various Thai social media sites.

That would bring some needed humiliation to the offenders...

Edited by LukDod

Tourist the world over seem to forget to take their brains with them on their Travels. 

Just last year in Japan the Taxi in which my Wife and I were traveling drove down the icy bank and luckily stopped before skidding into the Thai group who were stood posing for a photo in the middle of the road in front of the Olympic sign....  (we knew they were Thai as we'd spoken to them the day before)... 

Just one example, but I see daily examples of idiotic behavior by tourists in Thailand. Each and every country is embarrassed by its poorly behaved tourists. 

Fortunately this is doing the rounds on Social media and has kicked up a frenzy on Panthip.com where the Thai forum members are in uproar against the behavior exampled in this video, hopefully some will learn and the video will do some good for the benefit of future tourists. 

The Thai guy in the video came across as being quite aggressive and almost threatening when he asked the guy recording to delete the video, when I watched his behavior I wondered how a taxi driver can afford such a trip !!! :passifier:

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“What the heck. Hey! Get out of there,” Jeff is heard saying in the video, which was later deleted after it was picked up by Thai media.

So, it was Jeff's fault if he deleted his video or was it YouTube who deleted the video because it was non sense.

1 hour ago, z42 said:

How should they know there's no trespassing? I don't see a fence or anything, yeah a small log with a tiny sign...but i guess they missed that, not strange with such a minisign.

Also i think it's not fair to put their faces on youtube for this "huge" offence. If this hole in the ground is the holy grail for the USA they should place bigger signs and a real fence or at least a rope.

7 minutes ago, Thian said:

How should they know there's no trespassing? I don't see a fence or anything, yeah a small log with a tiny sign...but i guess they missed that, not strange with such a minisign.

Also i think it's not fair to put their faces on youtube for this "huge" offence. If this hole in the ground is the holy grail for the USA they should place bigger signs and a real fence or at least a rope.

When you visit Yellowstone, you are made aware to remain on the footpaths and not wander about. You must be aware of "danger signs". They don't want to place a fence over every geyser at the park because it takes away the natural beauty of it.. there are hundreds. 

I do agree with not putting their faces on youtube for anything because I don't care about that. Would rather prefer to blur their faces out but educate people on visiting national parks.

All it takes is a few seconds of going through the thin crust and you end up like the remnants of an over boiled hot pot. That would have given them something to complain about.

This video is really doing the rounds among Thais !