Report A Public Misdeed, Get Paid Half The Fine

webfact

Report A Public Misdeed, Get Paid Half The Fine

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

GRABBIKE-696x522.jpg

Police and military officers detain a motorbike taxi operator in July. Photo: Fm91trafficpro / Twitter

BANGKOK — The city’s good samaritans will now receive cash rewards for reporting public misdeeds, as per a law passed Friday.

The regulation, proposed in April, will incentivize anyone who reports violations of “public cleanliness and order” in Bangkok – which includes anything from motorcycle taxis riding or parking on sidewalks to people dumping trash in public spaces – by rewarding the informer with half of the total fine imposed on the violators.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/08/15/report-public-misdeed-get-paid-half-fine/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-15

Needs to be an English  language web site for reporting these with an automatic response registering the offence, time date etc and a case number that is traceable to the conviction status or otherwise.  Well guess that will never happen has the wording is "that leads to a conviction".   You can kill people in this country and guess what ? The Red Bull worm as one example of the law being disregarded by the self same people entrusted to uphold it.

13 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Could be an opportunity for foreigners to earn cash without a work permit.

:whistling:

I expect it will be added to the "Occupations reserved for Thais" list very soon ?

Edited by kaiyaibob
Word change

Maybe they should explain what THEY think is a "misdeed" first.

Otherwise, I could drag my beach chair to any given street corner and make a few thousands per day... At least until immigration puts this on their "Occupations reserved for Thais" list.

What rubbish!  Prior to this order, there was a 1992 law of similar name, providing for precisely the same incentive. I've often thought of taking a folding chair up to Sukhumvit and snapping pictures of motorcycles speeding down the sidewalk past the "5,000 baht fine" signs. But where should I upload my photos?  And to whom should I apply to get my rewards?

Seriously, has anyone ever gotten a 50 percent incentive payment? Or even heard of anyone getting such an incentive payment? Why not focus on enforcing existing laws rather than passing superfluous new ones?

Oh, sorry... I forgot... because it's easy... and makes it seem as if the authorities are actually doing something... 

Informers to get half-share of city fines

By Chakkawan Salaytoo 
The Nation

1.jpeg

A new regulation will reward whistleblowers with a half-share of the fine imposed on people who break certain Bangkok city laws.

Deputy Bangkok Governor Amnuay Nimmano said on Tuesday that the arrangement would apply to those who report others for riding motorcycles on footpaths, disposing garbage into canals or in public spaces, street hawking, or posting advertisements without permission. 

Violations of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)’s regulations for city cleanliness and order can be punished with fines of up to Bt10,000. 

2.jpeg

An update to the regulations regarding fines and conditions was signed by BMA Governor Pol General Aswin Kwanmuang on July 20, Amnuay said.

People could submit evidence of the wrongdoing – photographs, video clips, details of the date, time and place, and information about the offender – via various channels, including the BMA Thesakij (city law enforcement) hotline 02-465-6644; by email at [email protected]; on Facebook at facebook.com/bmacitylawenforcement/; or on Line group chat at line.me/R/ti/g/NM4UVW0C2. 

Once the wrongdoer is located, the whistleblower will get a 50 per cent share of the fine imposed, he said. 

He warned that evidence was only valid up to one year and the 50 per cent share must be collected on the day the fine was imposed or within 60 days of the complaint being filed. Otherwise, the money would go into the city’s coffers.

3.jpeg

“I believe many will partake in this regulation enforcement, as it gives an opportunity for people to help guard roads and canals, to collect evidence in a timely fashion and alert officials about a wrongdoing – and to collect a reward,” he said.

Amnuay added that officials would keep the whistleblowers’ personal information confidential.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323878

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-8-15

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Could be an opportunity for foreigners to earn cash without a work permit.

:whistling:

So would not a Thai observing a farang reporting a misdeed be entitled to turn in the farang for working without a permit?

No lower life form exists ! I know of one american police informer in Pattaya who has even ratted on his friend for working at home, this despite the fact that the informer is involved in the same business of turning over small gems on Ebay. Hypocrisy in it,s worst form, despicable, and hopefully karma will take it,s toll.

15 hours ago, Bangyo1948 said:

A "Scroll Wheel" isn't that the little wheel on a pc mouse.......

image.jpeg

It is indeed. The sidewalks are reserved for local rats and mice, so don't get caught pushing your computer mouse along the pavement!