“Bikini party” host faces legal action 

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, bizboi said:

Isn’t this just the same as blurring out and removing Apple logos on western movies - I think you’ll find we have the same laws!

They blur them out to prevent free advertising, not laws, Apple just don't pay the Movie industry to show their products.

32 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Welcome back to "Stone Age" ?

You're not too far off the mark - back in the Seventies, I was here in the Army, we used to get Playboy magazine in the PX with all the pictures cut out..........you never saw billboards of girls advertising underwear, Cigarettes, Alcohol, no kissing or holding hands on TV  - shi'ite like that...............of course, we didn't have inter-school murders by swords, gang rapes of teenage girls, and baby kidnappings for sale going on either.  Maybe the Top Cops think restricting this kind of thing will take us back to a time in their youth??   I doubt it, especially when Thai Soap Operas seem to advocate Rape, Murder, Abduction, Hostage Ransoming, Gambling etc et etc.  I am sure the Thai Movie industry is paying someone off to be able to show all that on Television.

Edited by TunnelRat69

49 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

You're not too far off the mark - back in the Seventies, I was here in the Army, we used to get Playboy magazine in the PX with all the pictures cut out..........you never saw billboards of girls advertising underwear, Cigarettes, Alcohol, no kissing or holding hands on TV  - shi'ite like that...............of course, we didn't have inter-school murders by swords, gang rapes of teenage girls, and baby kidnappings for sale going on either.  Maybe the Top Cops think restricting this kind of thing will take us back to a time in their youth??   I doubt it, especially when Thai Soap Operas seem to advocate Rape, Murder, Abduction, Hostage Ransoming, Gambling etc et etc.  I am sure the Thai Movie industry is paying someone off to be able to show all that on Television.

That was the same in India 15 years ago mate. Customs would throw a wobbly if they found a copy of Playboy in your hand luggage. Just about anything else they ignored!

All "lad's mags" in India were heavily censored with bits of pictures blacked out. 

And the result of all that sexual suppression -  there's a reason for all those rapes and sexual assaults in India,

I do understand why so many posters are upset about the bikini angle to this story, but I think you're flogging the wrong horse here.

My understanding of the OP is the cops got involved because alcohol was clearly visible on the tables during a live Facebook broadcast ....... and therefore violating some advertising law .... not the fact that bikini girls were involved ?

Maybe the fact that bikini girls were involved, prompted the cops to get there a bit quicker than usual though. "I'll volunteer for this one Boss."  "Me too."  "Me too."

Just changing tack for a minute, I wonder how they did the live feed on FB? Static cameras or just some <deleted> doing the rounds with mobiles and streaming from those?

Of course the bigger question is did everyone know they were being streamed? These parties can get out of hand very quickly with people wishing the memories would disappear rapidly when they sober up. Add a camera, live stream (that someone could easily record) to the party and you have a host of potential problems.....................:wink:.

These thoughts could possibly be from experience which I will neither confirm or deny.

Anyway, a big heads up if you are planning to live stream your next BBQ, make sure the condoms fit the bottles & cans.........:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 6:25 PM, how241 said:

It gets stranger all the time here with these silly new laws...None of this personally affects me so I am still happy here.

Don't put your pics on Facebook is the answer

What on earth will the people do now to pass their time?

Nice message to all tourists

If you wear a bikini and have a drink in your hand and post a pic on FB so friends back home can see you having a good time The BIB will nick you and you not go home on time as it takes a year to go to court. Best go to Iceland then, full of wallies.

Who the hell >>>>>>>>>>>.are forget it.

Thai hypocrisy at its best! Alcohol-related deaths kill 3 Thais every hour on average, and the massage parlors and bordellos are strewn across the country in every village, with roadside karaoke stops everywhere with dancing and singing scantily clad girls, and a bikini party with a little booze get the prime news coverage.....

Edited by AlQaholic

Thai hypocrisy at its best! Alcohol-related deaths kill 3 Thais every hour on average, and the massage parlors and bordellos are strewn across the country in every village, roadside stop, and hotel, and a bikini party with a little booze gets the prime news coverage.....

As a side note, worldwide, 285 people die every hour from alcohol-related deaths. Soo.....1% of those 285 are Thai.

Thailands' population is roughly 0.9% of the world population, so its kinda at par with the global average in terms of alcohol problematics....

Edited by AlQaholic

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/08/2017 at 4:38 PM, YetAnother said:

another in a long line; the current ultra-conservatism is playing out just as many of us predicted; more to come; the core reason i hope for another form of govt here

I really don't see any difference  between the last two years and the ten before.

And hoping for another form of government will not bring any difference in this conservatism.

It's all about face.

If you don't see it, it surely isn't there, it is deniable.

If it is visible, you cannot deny it is there, so loss of face.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:08 PM, electric said:

I do understand why so many posters are upset about the bikini angle to this story, but I think you're flogging the wrong horse here.

My understanding of the OP is the cops got involved because alcohol was clearly visible on the tables during a live Facebook broadcast ....... and therefore violating some advertising law .... not the fact that bikini girls were involved ?

Maybe the fact that bikini girls were involved, prompted the cops to get there a bit quicker than usual though. "I'll volunteer for this one Boss."  "Me too."  "Me too."

" I do understand why so many posters are upset about the bikini angle to this story, but I think you're flogging the wrong horse here. "

That's par for the course here, not only do so many, as you said, "flog the wrong horse" but they also love to jump on the don't-read-the-story-properly bandwagon.