“Bikini party” host faces legal action 

Jonathan Fairfield

On 8/16/2017 at 4:34 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Girls in bikinis are obscene? To who?

Well, this being 1917 (? in Thailand), pretty much to all people! This is not the frivolous 1920s yet, with people showing skin, and women getting self-confident! No wait...

Why do I always feel like a time traveller in this country? :smile:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2017 at 4:54 PM, BTB1977 said:

This kind of thing drives the police to have sex with underage girls and must be stopped.

Thailand's finest having sex with underage girls!  This isn't the first time I have heard that!

On 17-8-2017 at 12:06 AM, Nord X said:

Why? This is nothing to do with the fact the girls in question were wearing bikinis, it's about the illegal advertising of alcohol.

Why are the girls in bikini blurred then, and not only the alcoholic drinks in their hands, the censor(!) didn't find the fine brush, is that what you think? 

• 2 weeks later...

Girls in bikinis are obscene? To who? The young female form should be celebrated as one of the wonders of nature. Prudes with the  tiny little brains and  aesthetic appreciations of a clam are the real obscenity here.  Meanwhile slaughter on the roads, and the wanton destruction of the environment continues unabated. 

" Girls" ?  "Young female"  children in bikinis as a lure to a business is not appropriate in any context - hardly prudish. And even adult women  being sexualized for advertising is considered the height of a sexist morality. 

As evidenced by the approval marks on your post, I do realize Thailand is  one of the last bastions for those who find sexist mores acceptable.  Thankfully this attitude is finding itself increasingly isolated. 

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

It is not appropriate for you perhaps but it has been a part of Thai culture for the 30+ years I have been living here and for a much longer than that even.

Unfortunately Thailand is becoming much more conservative and Western which is why people like you seem to be coming here more and more.

Not sure which  you are lamenting the decline of,  sexualizing children or sexism toward adult women? 

16 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This practice of having young teen mia nois is ingrained in Thai culture and won't change anytime soon. 

That's a very telling declaration I cannot agree with.  I think most Thais would find adult men having sex with 13 year old  completely perverted. The law certainly does. 

Girls in bikinis are obscene? To who? The young female form should be celebrated as one of the wonders of nature. Prudes with the  tiny little brains and  aesthetic appreciations of a clam are the real obscenity here.  Meanwhile slaughter on the roads, and the wanton destruction of the environment continues unabated. 

If you were ever unfortunate enough to see my sister in law in a bikini you would understand why. I saw her in a bikini a couple of years ago and it took 6 months of counseling to get over the trauma. 

1 hour ago, PhuketSarah said:

That's a very telling declaration I cannot agree with.  I think most Thais would find adult men having sex with 13 year old  completely perverted. The law certainly does. 

Take the glasses off! he's telling it like it is, not how you want it to be!

Does quoting the "law' here serve any purpose whatsoever?

2 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

" Girls" ?  "Young female"  children in bikinis as a lure to a business is not appropriate in any context - hardly prudish. And even adult women  being sexualized for advertising is considered the height of a sexist morality. 

As evidenced by the approval marks on your post, I do realize Thailand is  one of the last bastions for those who find sexist mores acceptable.  Thankfully this attitude is finding itself increasingly isolated. 

children ?

what are you on about?

from the article:

Examination of all participants in the party were over 18-year-old and urine test also detected no drugs, he said.

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You need to wisen up, and quick. 

Teenage girls as dessert: Thai sex scandal exposes grim tradition among local officials: http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/2099873/teenage-girls-dessert-thai-sex-scandal-exposes-grim

Thailand has a thriving sex industry that mostly excludes foreigners and foreigners rarely get to hear about unless it makes the news headlines. 

The social media, sideline girls websites and Thai forums are loaded with Thai girls, many underage advertising their wares. In many regions there are back soi discretely disguised lady houses that only the locals know about and those in prominent positions, government workers, police, politicians and high ups in businesses have privilege access to the creme de mure of Thai women and girls, considered as being perks of the jobs. In many cases these girls families have full knowledge that their daughters are a part of the Thai sex industry.

This goes back hundreds of years when prominent families used to buy young girls as servants and sex slaves from the poorer in the community. A lot of these girls actually died from the brutalities committed upon them by their cruel masters and were never to return home. In a way this kind of cultural practice whereas families perceive their daughters as a commodity that can be bought and sold is still operating today, especially among the poor.

This will continue long into the future, a semi acceptable way of life that goes beyond the comprehension of westerners.

Edited by cyberfarang

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

And we have at least one sad  man out there with nothing better to do than check people's grammar.sad!

A sad man who knows correct use of the English language though...

I notice your proper use of the apostrophe. Full marks to you son ☺

• 4 weeks later...

Kalasin girls from 1912, were they arrested do you think, is this photo even legal now? People in this country are getting tired of being told what to do, what to think, how to dress and what they can post online. Now they can't even have a good time and make a bit of cash, as always depends who they are of course.

1912-teens-kalasin.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, Jeremy50 said:

There are plenty of posters on TVF that take offense at the slightest thing that has a whiff of sexuality about it. Seems to be an Anglo Saxon thing, as Britain and the US are full of them.

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

The very natural exposure of girls in bikinis however did not prompt police action but the showing of lemonade drinks with their brats in the live broadcast that took the police a hundred years back in time. .:post-4641-1156693976:

Seems the cops can't win with the TVF mob. On any road death thread every one is complaining because the cops don't enforce the law, and on here the complaints are because they did enforce the law.

However, when a publication blurs a photo of girls in bikinis, in LOS, the world is indeed going mad.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are plenty of posters on TVF that take offense at the slightest thing that has a whiff of sexuality about it. Seems to be an Anglo Saxon thing, as Britain and the US are full of them.

Its the Thais who took offence by this, TV posters were in favour of it .

In Thailand, involving Thais, Thais get upset, I dont see where the "Anglo-saxon" reference comes from