Aussie Drug Trafficker Dead

marshbags

Breaking news B.Post 14:52 local time.

In-flight hitch kills Australian trafficker

(BangkokPost.com from media reports)

An Australian man who came to Thailand to get drugs from South America died on his flight back to Brisbane when a condom full of cocaine burst in his stomach, Australian police told the media today.

The man, who has not been named, left Bangkok for Brisbane on Dec 20. He became ill during the flight and was rushed to hospital when the plane landed. Despite emergency surgery, he finally died on Dec 27, the media quoted police as saying.

Please see the Bangkok Post article for the rest of the story

Obviously will have to wait to get the full details and confirmation before commenting. :o

marshbags :D

Edited by sbk
please do not quote full article on the forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burst cocaine condom kills man

A QUEENSLAND man died after a condom full of cocaine burst in his stomach during a flight to Australia from Thailand.

The man had swallowed 37 condoms containing the drug, the Australian Federal Police (AFP) said .

A 26-year-old female alleged to have taken part in the smuggling operation was said to have swallowed 28 condoms containing cocaine.

The man, who has not been named, arrived on a flight into Brisbane from Thailand on December 20.

He became ill and was rushed to Prince Charles Hospital where he had surgery but died on December 27.

The AFP said it was believed the man had overdosed after one of the condoms ruptured.

The woman has since been charged with importing a marketable quantity of cocaine and is expected to appear in Brisbane Magistrate's Court on February 2.

The AFP said the incident capped off a record year for the number of Australians charged with attempting to smuggle drugs by swallowing them.

Twenty eight people had been charged by the AFP after allegedly internally secreting drugs in themselves in 2006, a figure that was up 200 per cent on the previous year.

Alarmed at the growth in the practice, The AFP took the unusual step of releasing grisly photographs of bloody condoms removed from the dead man's stomach.

AFP Commissioner Mick Keelty said the photo showed the gruesome reality of smuggling drugs in this way.

"This photo is graphic," Commissioner Keelty said.

"It shows in detail the end result of the desperate lengths some people will go to in attempting to import drugs to Australia.

"Swallowing drugs in any form is dangerous and in this circumstance it was deadly.

"Those who chose to engage in this illegal activity must know they are putting their lives and the lives if others at risk," he said.

Source: news.com.au - 4 January 2007

An Australian man who came to Thailand to get drugs from South America died on his flight back to Brisbane when a condom full of cocaine burst in his stomach, Australian police told the media today.

The man, who has not been named, left Bangkok for Brisbane on Dec 20. He became ill during the flight and was rushed to hospital when the plane landed. Despite emergency surgery, he finally died on Dec 27, the media quoted police as saying.

Obviously will have to wait to get the full details and confirmation before commenting. :o

Thanks for not deleting the full post and taking the time to edit it S.B.K.

Thanks also due to J.D for posting the content via another source which covers it.

During the slow down i risked certain posts due to difficulties with accessing the newspaper by T.Visa members.

Now i will continue to submit the leading info along with the relevant url., as before.

Apologies once again to admin. for any difficulties that could have been caused by my oversight

If it,s been covered by the AFP you can bet it,s genuine as stated.

He got his own justice via self infliction / addiction, poetic don,t you think.

Like suicides these acts are selfish when you consider what the families are put through by these actions.

Suicide is usually caused by tragedy in a persons life and it is very sad someone wasn,t there to talk to them and give them hope.

Trying to smuggle drugs is unexcusable and abhorent, disgusting crime against humanity.

I don,t know what sort of effect this amount of stuff would have on society but i reckon 37 condoms of it weren,t for his own use.

Had he been caught this end he,d have had trouble big time and as S.L. posts, possible death maybe or life imprisonment.

May his female accomplice get the full penalty allowed, according to Brisbane laws.

Jail big time at the very least for the potential harm it could have done

38 plus 27 is a lot of misery had they been successful by my reckoning

Edited by marshbags

Thanks also due to J.D for posting the content via another source which covers it.

During the slow down i risked certain posts due to difficulties with accessing the newspaper by T.Visa members.

Now i will continue to submit the leading info along with the relevant url., as before.

Apologies once again to admin. for any difficulties that could have been caused by my oversight

EDITED FOR INSENSTIVITY ON MY PART THAT MAY HAVE CAUSED DISTRESS

Trying to smuggle drugs is unexcusable and abhorent, disgusting crime against humanity.

I don,t know what sort of effect this amount of stuff would have on society but i reckon 37 condoms of it weren,t for his own use.

Had he been caught this end he,d have had trouble big time and as S.L. posts, possible death maybe or life imprisonment.

May his female accomplice get the full penalty allowed, according to Brisbane laws.

EDITED FOR INSENSTIVITY ON MY PART THAT MAY HAVE CAUSED DISTRESS

my thoughts

Maybe people in general are a little too quick to jump on others who maybe have less fortunate lives than themselves. Money certainly comes into it , but not neccessarily greed. I would imagine those desperate enough to smuggle would use up the money they gain from the smuggling quite quickly, as opposed to greed which suggests they don't need the money but are committing a crime in order to bolster their already bulging bank accounts.

In general peopole are also rather quick to condemn others whose lifestyle doesn't match their own. If people choose to use drugs why not lewt them , they know the risks. The way i see it is here we have another , young , life cut short because someone was forced to swallow something deadly in order to try and beat the authorities, who are always battling against something they will never win. You will never stop drug takers, drug smuggling , in the same way you will never stop smoking , drinking, under age smoking , under age drinking , under age drug taking , under age sex , the list is endless. So thousands of people die a year , not just from taking part in illegal activities (maybe some should not be illegal ?) but also from trying to evade capture from authorities fighting a battle they can never win. Very sad isn't it ?

Shocking that folk's will go to such great lengths to smuggle drugs, if each one of those packs is half an ounce then there's about £20k (street value UK) worth of coke, he wouldn't of seen a quarter of that money!

Its a shame probably a very desperate guy!

Mark

Edited by markreed

Maybe people in general are a little too quick to jump on others who maybe have less fortunate lives than themselves. Money certainly comes into it , but not neccessarily greed. I would imagine those desperate enough to smuggle would use up the money they gain from the smuggling quite quickly, as opposed to greed which suggests they don't need the money but are committing a crime in order to bolster their already bulging bank accounts.

In general peopole are also rather quick to condemn others whose lifestyle doesn't match their own. If people choose to use drugs why not lewt them , they know the risks. The way i see it is here we have another , young , life cut short because someone was forced to swallow something deadly in order to try and beat the authorities, who are always battling against something they will never win. You will never stop drug takers, drug smuggling , in the same way you will never stop smoking , drinking, under age smoking , under age drinking , under age drug taking , under age sex , the list is endless. So thousands of people die a year , not just from taking part in illegal activities (maybe some should not be illegal ?) but also from trying to evade capture from authorities fighting a battle they can never win. Very sad isn't it ?

Sorry. Can't agree. He was carrying filth to destroy the lives of others for money. He got what he deserved. Shame his female companion will be allowed to live.

Edited by CRUNCHER

Sorry. Can't agree. He was carrying filth to destroy the lives of others for money. He got what he deserved. Shame his female companion will be allowed to live.

I expect you would like to be her executioner .!!

You say he carried filth to destroy the lives of others . Probably no-one would have died from his cargo, but one thing is for sure . One young life is gone in trying to evade capture from the authorities. Wonder who kills most people a year , the authorities or the drug dealers? Still as long as the authorities can go on tv saying they are winning the war on drugs (not true of course but that doesn't matter) , i'm sure you don't mind how many young lives are killed by those very authorities.

You say he carried filth to destroy the lives of others . Probably no-one would have died from his cargo, but one thing is for sure . One young life is gone in trying to evade capture from the authorities. Wonder who kills most people a year , the authorities or the drug dealers? Still as long as the authorities can go on tv saying they are winning the war on drugs (not true of course but that doesn't matter) , i'm sure you don't mind how many young lives are killed by those very authorities.

Simple answer. Drug Dealers by a long way. In addition they cause untold misery from people who are adicted and their families and friend. You make it sound like the fault of the authoities for not allowing import of this filth.

Dealers sell drugs because there is a demand, They dont kill people and this guy probably wasn't a dealer just a very desperate person that could see no other way to make a quick buck!

The authorities will never stop this, people will always use drugs and the only way to reduce the number of people that do is to educate kids!

Mark

Simple answer. Drug Dealers by a long way. In addition they cause untold misery from people who are adicted and their families and friend. You make it sound like the fault of the authoities for not allowing import of this filth.

I go out on a saturday night to the clubs and i see loads of people either high on , or secretly taking, ectasy pills, coke etc. I should add i don't (nor do i drink alcohol) but it doesn't bother me that others do. All i find pathetic is that they have to be so secretive about passing them amounst themselves instead of just getting on with it. How absurd as the result is the same anyway. Laughable i think.

So where is this misey , no ... untold misery , that you say drugs cause? I see just happy people enjoying a night out. And remember we are talking class a drugs here (don't laugh... E is a class a) How do you know they cause untold misery ..oh of course you read it in the newspapers so it must be true. Everyone knows the risks, let them make their own informed choice. Who are you Cruncher to decide how others should live? What should be improved is education ...after that it should be up to them. Why can't people just mind their own business and let others do as they want?

I go out on a saturday night to the clubs and i see loads of people either high on , or secretly taking, ectasy pills, coke etc. I should add i don't (nor do i drink alcohol) but it doesn't bother me that others do. All i find pathetic is that they have to be so secretive about passing them amounst themselves instead of just getting on with it. How absurd as the result is the same anyway. Laughable i think.

So where is this misey , no ... untold misery , that you say drugs cause? I see just happy people enjoying a night out. And remember we are talking class a drugs here (don't laugh... E is a class a) How do you know they cause untold misery ..oh of course you read it in the newspapers so it must be true. Everyone knows the risks, let them make their own informed choice. Who are you Cruncher to decide how others should live? What should be improved is education ...after that it should be up to them. Why can't people just mind their own business and let others do as they want?

You may never have seen misery that drugs can cause, but I have - first and secondhand. I don't wish to talk about the firsthand one (someone close to me), but I'll tell you some of the secondhand. My father used to work in the "drug/vice squad" of the Royal Navy & later in a similar field elsewhere. I have seen pictures & heard stories that would turn your stomach. The one on this thread is (no disrespect intended to anyone) nothing. How about a pic of a man who ODed and vomited, died face down in his own vomit in a hot country & flies & larvae did their work before he was discovered? How about the stories of what some people have done (in my father's experience) on bad LSD trips to escape the hallucinatory horrors? I'm only talking about the users now - not the family or friends, the people who are continually lied to, stolen from, let down. The people who have to watch the destruction of someone they love, the metamorphosis into someone they don't know... Please don't trivialise this. Some people can pop the occasional E and everything's OK, but there is misery out there, caused by drugs, dealers & traffickers - believe me.

Reason for edit - minor ommission

Edited by November Rain