Very Convenient: Thailand now has over 10,000 7-Eleven stores

snoop1130

You could always use it as a sick bag after

Yes used as sick bags in the car for
car sick kid.

Bin liners.

Dog and cat poo 2 in 1 hand mitten scooper and disposal bag.

Keep your phone dry when riding motorbike in the rain.

Keep your hair dry when driving motorbike in rain :P

1 hour ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

How funny...blame the west...bad western people they just want to come here and make money. You're kidding right?  You need to look more into that franchise and you will find that the THAI Company are NOT liked at all by most Thais. PLUS they could easily implement a 'no plastic' policy but they are ALL about profit. 

I don't understand your reaction very well.

It seems logic that a company, having it's top corporate policies made in the west, bears some part of responsability in the guidelines of it's branches or franchises worldwide?

What has this got to do with the Thai's liking or not liking 7-11??

Don't get so touchy, and try to look a bit deeper into the context, before a hasty reaction.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

I don't understand your reaction very well.

It seems logic that a company, having it's top corporate policies made in the west, bears some part of responsability in the guidelines of it's branches or franchises worldwide?

What has this got to do with the Thai's liking or not liking 7-11??

Don't get so touchy, and try to look a bit deeper into the context, before a hasty reaction.

He is most likely referring to CP Company bullying tactics which 7-11 sub groups would not get away with in the west.

One man 7-11 operators in the US can make serious bank. In Thailand they must worship a bank called CP.

5 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

I don't understand how they can stay in business....granted I don't think I've been in one, but it seems counter intuitive to have one every 200m or so. I'm just as puzzled with Top Chareon(?) for glasses, they be everywhere and when I poppped in there, it was easily the priciest to choose from, nevermind the service having been terrible at that store, but that's another issue.

You've never been inside a 7-11 in Thailand, seriously?

4 hours ago, jimster said:

Maybe they could start encouraging customers to bring their own cloth bags. In China, you can't even get plastic bags anymore. If you do find them, they are small, flimsy and will cost you 0.40-0.50 Yuan per bag.

Bad news.  I just left 7/11 in China with 4 family size bags of chips (crisps), 2 ice cream cones and 4 Coke Zeroes.  Too much to carry (I'm on a new e-bike with no basket yet) so I sprung the $0.08 USD  (0.5 RMB) for a bag.  It was big enough to also hold my 2 Whoppers and 2 chicken sandwiches, and sturdy enough that it's now lining the trash bin in my bedroom.

Bad news.  I just left 7/11 in China with 4 family size bags of chips (crisps), 2 ice cream cones and 4 Coke Zeroes.  Too much to carry (I'm on a new e-bike with no basket yet) so I sprung the $0.08 USD  (0.5 RMB) for a bag.  It was big enough to also hold my 2 Whoppers and 2 chicken sandwiches, and sturdy enough that it's now lining the trash bin in my bedroom.

Stunning - how often do you dine out?

19 minutes ago, JAG said:

Stunning - how often do you dine out?

I've learned to always have backup food at home in case they feed me snake skins, beef stomach and fish lips as their honored dinner guest.  I'd have starved to death in my first 6 months if the store downstairs didn't carry peanut butter.  That was before there were KFC's on every block.

Edit:  Don't get me wrong, I've learned to love the stuff they eat every day here.  But not a fan of the delicacies they pull out for their "special guests".

Edited by impulse

On 8/17/2017 at 6:07 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

And 40,000+ 'Seven Dogs'

Quantity is good, but quality is better. I wish that 7-Eleven in Thailand had more 'western food' like its counterpart in Hong Kong, where I invested substantial amounts in the great, fresh sandwiches they sell there. Same for ready-made meals and other goodies.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

10 hours ago, jimster said:

Maybe they could start encouraging customers to bring their own cloth bags. In China, you can't even get plastic bags anymore. If you do find them, they are small, flimsy and will cost you 0.40-0.50 Yuan per bag. No wonder few people bother - everyone brings their own bag or buys one at the counter if they don't have one.

In many states in India they give you cloth bags for free, made of that cloth that mechanics use for oil spills, they can make them for the same price as a plastic carrier and they last for ages, all the chain shops have their own printed up, fast food such as Subway included, I can't understand what is happening in much of the world, the technology is here to enable us to move forward but we seem held up by ignorance alone.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, Misterwhisper said:

10,000 stores x 300 or so plastic bags or various sizes dispensed and subsequently dumped in the countryside every single day, not to mention the utterly unnecessary 3 plastic straws and 2 plastic spoons that inevitably come with every single bag large or small. Bravo, Thailand, another world record on the books!

Of course you are quite correct. An anti littering campaign should be

promoted by 7-11 as a public service campaign. Big garbage cans at all

7-11's and in the store vicinity as well.

On 8/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, dcnx said:

You've never been inside a 7-11 in Thailand, seriously?

Not really? At least not that I could actively remember at least...does "tagging along" count if anything? I may be guilty of that.