Prosecution cites agencies’ warnings on rice scheme to accuse Yingluck

webfact

20 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Apologies for my ignorance but can you name a Chuan policy or policies that been praised and still practiced currently? I do know that his brother was charged for corruption and did a runner until the statute of limitation expired. Am I right? 

I know you're to bloody lazy to do any research so here's a Wiki to save some energy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuan_Leekpai

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I do remember that Chuan was just a corrupted businessman not a popularly elected PM who was serving his second term much to the horror of the establishment.

That is a complete falsehood that actually describes Thaksin in a nutshell.

Edited by khunken

9 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Lock her up! lock her up! A total failure as a PM, a shill for her brother and completely guilty of negligence. I have said it before, there does not seem to be any evidence of criminality but certainly negligence and that is what she is charged with.

If the law allows being locked up for negligence (except manslaughter) then we would all be locked up.  No one would be free as no perfect man exists -----especially in elected government. 

If you want to get angry I suggest get angry at those that seize power by force or those priests that rape young boys or those military men that captured businessmen for ransom or those cops that abuse their uniforms or those that imprison young citizens from Khon Kaen or Hong Kong for speaking the truth. Peace 

Edited by Wake Up

10 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Being a puppet CEO was always going to fail,

... she knew very well she would have no control (although of course she claimed otherwise to lots of giggles), even the corrupt immoral unethical criminal absconded paymaster himself publicly stated she was his clone.

She was unprepared for the role, but regardless she took the job, she insulted the intelligence of every Thai citizen, all entitled to have a competent capable sincere person as their PM, not a fake PM,  and look where it got her, sum nam nah.

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, halloween said:

Certainly looks bad for someone when their "brother was charged for corruption and did a runner until the statute of limitation expired." How could you trust somebody like that?

Well they trusted the brother-in-law, before her, too ! :laugh:

The question is perhaps, who trusted them, IMO Thaksin learned from Newin not to rely on one faction, so thereafter he rounded in the rest in-a-coalition to avoid a repetition, and similarly he learned from former-PM Samak not to trust non-family-members either, no matter how loyal they appeared to be pre-election.

He does learn from his mistakes, in his fight to stay in power for justice and democracy ! :wink:

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

If the law allows being locked up for negligence (except manslaughter) then we would all be locked up.  No one would be free as no perfect man exists -----especially in elected government. 

If you want to get angry I suggest get angry at those that seize power by force or those priests that rape young boys or those military men that captured businessmen for ransom or those cops that abuse their uniforms or those that imprison young citizens from Khon Kaen or Hong Kong for speaking the truth. Peace 

We tend to slumber and pick our vices in accordance to our particular fanciful perspectives and agendas.

10 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Lock her up for negligence ?  Waste more money guarding her ?  Not sure what end her detention would serve.  It would just make her more of a martyr.  Community service would be better. 

She already had a go at that and look where it has ended up!

14 hours ago, tryasimight said:

She already had a go at that and look where it has ended up!

While she was at the helm, life was better in Thailand.  Her ouster without due process has crippled the country far worse than her dumb rice scheme.  She might lack gray matter and common sense, but she allowed the country to get on with its business overall and it was a very good time.  For that, I am grateful. 

22 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Anything else would be out of step with the offence. But, the justice system here is just full of surprises.

True, that is why they might give her a very light sentence, so she is forgotten about it, or something ridiculously heavy handed so she will flee Thailand. 

51 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

While she was at the helm, life was better in Thailand.  Her ouster without due process has crippled the country far worse than her dumb rice scheme.  She might lack gray matter and common sense, but she allowed the country to get on with its business overall and it was a very good time.  For that, I am grateful. 

Well, better if you didn't gag at the blatant corruption.

22 hours ago, halloween said:

Well, better if you didn't gag at the blatant corruption.

My family has been gagging in blatant corruption here since the 50's.  Think we can agree on morality and ethics are a challenge for anyone with power in Thailand.  We disagree on the place democracy has in the country.  You find it somewhat sacred which is more than just one man one vote.  I look at it as mob rule which is fitting for Thailand.