Crazy motorcycle uncle is fast, furious, and doesn’t give an eff

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Or get a throttle grip with a lock screw...

Stunt riders have been using various methods to achieve this over many years. I'm sure one of them will have used your version as well.

:smile:

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Stunt riders have been using various methods to achieve this over many years. I'm sure one of them will have used your version as well.

Throttle grip with a lock screw was standard on some of my formerly owned MotoGuzzis

13 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Throttle grip with a lock screw was standard on some of my formerly owned MotoGuzzis

I was going to comment on just that! My old pal was in Germany with the RAF and cruised the continent on his Moto Guzzi. Lovely bike and he swore by his throttle lock on long cruises as it reduced the strain on his wrist. I'm sure they can't be the only manufacturer who's thought of that.

With modern technology, cruise control should be feasible as well. Any takers?

Why all the fuss?

The guy is clearly an experienced rider and is pulling a stunt for publicity on social media...just like '000s of other riders who post MUCH more life-threatening, high speed manoeuvres.

Admittedly, he should not have chosen a public road if he did not want possible police involvement for this low-speed stunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The issue here and with many idiots like this is that if / when they screw up, hit your car and kill themselves you will automatically be arrested for 'Reckless Driving Casing Death'... your insurance will have to pay your bail (you should have a 200,000 baht bail bond with your 1st class insurance)... 

Of course, the charges will ultimately be dropped, sooner rather than later if you have Dash-cam proof etc... but not before you have gone through a hugely uncomfortable and stressful encounter. 

So... Its not just about these idiots killing themselves, but the huge level of guilt and inconvenience they cause to others when their luck runs out. 

The issue here and with many idiots like this is that if / when they screw up, hit your car and kill themselves you will automatically be arrested for 'Reckless Driving Casing Death'... your insurance will have to pay your bail (you should have a 200,000 baht bail bond with your 1st class insurance)... 

Of course, the charges will ultimately be dropped, sooner rather than later if you have Dash-cam proof etc... but not before you have gone through a hugely uncomfortable and stressful encounter. 

So... Its not just about these idiots killing themselves, but the huge level of guilt and inconvenience they cause to others when their luck runs out. 

You're somewhat more likely to be involved in a motor bike accident being ridden by your every-day typical rider (idiot) in Thailand than you are from ol mate posing for this one- off pic.