Best places in CM to play pool/billiards 2017?

avidorn

I've read older threads, such as:

However I think the places mentioned in that thread as well as others are all long closed. (Guess there wasn't enough business...)

What's a good spot to play at now?

I've seen a couple of bars around Loi Khro mentioned online, but those seem to have a different focus.

Edited by avidorn
  • Like 1

Godzilla snooker hall ....... behind the PTT petrol station between CM RAM corner and Chang Puak gate.  Far corner of car park.

They only have big snooker tables, so maybe no good for you.

Then there's another with pool tables near Jet Yot. Behind that grey wall.

Warning these places are a bit 'edgy' .... don't go if you are intimidated by Thai gangs, if you do go be polite to everyone ..... no matter what.

Also don't run a tab on drinks, pay as you go every time.

Godzilla.jpg

Gray Wall copy.jpg

Edited by MaeJoMTB

13 minutes ago, tomster said:

Most things to do with Pool in CM is indeed hard work, as you will soon find out.

Two pool leagues:

Chiang Mai Pool League. Friday night starts at 9pm, snooker tables only, no pool tables allowed. Mish mash of old english and other rules.

Lanna Pool Club. Tuesday nights, 8pm start, international rules.

Friday night Pool Leaque ONLY pool tables,no snooker tables!!!!It's a pool leaque,not a snooker leaque.

• 7 months later...

I heard that Ugo restaurant near Thapae Gate area was putting in some American pool tables. Not sure if that has happened yet, or not?

There's a place around Huay Gaew area - Winson's/Winston's sports bar that has an 8ft american pool table.

As someone else mentioned - See Paak restaurant in Mae Rim has a couple of 8ft american tables too.

No 9ft tables that I know of. Sad state of affairs!

I've got what's probably one of the nicer cues in CM- I've gotta pull it out of its case (which I haven't done in way too long) and try one of the local tables one of these days.  Sadly, though, a pretty cue doesn't do much to improve ones game.;)

8798B987-7BF8-41BA-9EB1-08B05C8E68F7.jpeg.4d9d95a1bea35871fb5fa46cfc51f435.jpeg