Thai lady attacked by foreign woman in McDonald's Khao San - but police won't do anything

rooster59

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Falcon said:

Disgusting attack in the young woman, just because it seems that the woman was angry about something and, like a child kicking a chair or table when he/she can't get their own way, she decides to grab the hair and violently pull the young Thai lady to the floor and then proceed to kick her in the head, all for no reason whatsoever. The young thai lady should take this higher than the kao saan police station if they won't do anything and complain to the higher ranks in the police headquarters.

Dry your eyes 

Thailand, 3am, drunk girl suffers (perhaps imagined) loss of face and launches sudden violent attack upon the object whom she considers responsible.

That doesn't usually cause this much consternation.

Oh, of course...........white woman letting the side down...... tut tut.

2 hours ago, beowolf2012 said:

The video isdrunkood and without sound.

Can´t know about the thai lady have say something or not.

Understand the police here...

It shouldn't matter what the Thai said.  It doesn't warrant an attack such as this.  Bizarre thinking......at best.

The thug was very animated prior, possibly drunk, but still no excuse.

23 hours ago, Lokie said:

Looks to me like a young women drunk, looking for trouble and unfortunately dishing it out to an innocent Thai girl minding her own business...

Hope Karma pays this excuse for a young lady back one day - Disgusting behaviour, maybe she can be ID through social media and the SHAMMED!!! The Police should be charging with GBH

if Karma could sort things out we do not need laws, the forces etc.  This is a matter for immediate attention by the authorities lest it become a precedent for such criminal behaviour.

There's back story here that we are missing. There appears to be tension between the two and the falang guy seems to be egging her on. 

Just watching the video calling it completely unprovoked seems a stretch. 

"No smoke without fire" "must be something missing" etc etc There are always the apologists. Sometimes you have to accept that for some this is normal behaviour if you're an a**hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, sahibji said:

if Karma could sort things out we do not need laws, the forces etc.  This is a matter for immediate attention by the authorities lest it become a precedent for such criminal behaviour.

You really think it will be getting immediate attention then...? Karma is probably our best option but I agree about the behaviour, she deserves to be Birched in public then sent packing, a no good cheap cowardly attack.

5 hours ago, Cereal said:

There's back story here that we are missing. There appears to be tension between the two and the falang guy seems to be egging her on. 

Just watching the video calling it completely unprovoked seems a stretch. 

Somebody was switching the CCTV camera back and forth between the two parties. A surveillance cam is normally static, or panning back and forth on a regular, smooth swing.
There was some sort of backstory here.

6 hours ago, sahibji said:

i cannot believe it. will the police please clarify what they mean by McDonalds being "off limits". Surely this is not an embassy of any sort.

They have confused Ronald McDonald with Donald Trump and think that he owns the business.

5 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Somebody was switching the CCTV camera back and forth between the two parties. A surveillance cam is normally static, or panning back and forth on a regular, smooth swing.
There was some sort of backstory here.

It was a screen showing multple camera views that was recorded on a phone, presumably by the victim of the assault.  I guess that the switching back and forth was to show that she was sitting quite separate from the perpetrator, with no interaction between them prior to the attack.

22 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

It was a screen showing multple camera views that was recorded on a phone, presumably by the victim of the assault.  I guess that the switching back and forth was to show that she was sitting quite separate from the perpetrator, with no interaction between them prior to the attack.

No. it was being done manually. You can tell from the way the scene bobbles up and down, apart from the movement of the phone cam from screen to screen, when switching the scene's POV... not a "steady cam". Merely switching screens would not do that, nor show a panning effect. These effects are caused by manual (joystick) movement of the camera.
How do I know? Among my thousand and one occupations you can include videography of weddings, filming a few commercial spots, and endless boring hours monitoring as a Pinkerton security stiff. :smile:

5 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

No. it was being done manually. You can tell from the way the scene bobbles up and down when switching the POV... not a "steady cam". Merely switching screens would not do that, nor show a panning effect. These effects are caused by manual (joystick) movement of the camera.
How do I know? Among my thousand and one occupations you can include videography of weddings, filming a few commercial spots, and endless boring hours monitoring as a Pinkerton security stiff. :smile:

To me it looks like they are playing back a recording of 4 different fixed camera feeds on a screen.  Someone is recording that screen using a phone, and is zooming back and forth between the camera aimed at the counter, in the green border, and the one at the door.  The cameras in each of the 4 locations on the screen don't move.  The scene at the counter continues to the left of the screen when the phone is turned to the scene at the door, on the right of the screen, and vice versa. 

It seems appropriate that it was a Thai lady attacked by a foreign woman, rather than a Thai woman attacked by a foreign lady.  We can assume that the victim was a lady from a hi-so Thai family with a good education and impeccable manners, whereas the foreign woman hailed from the pits of the illiterati in farang society that cheap travel has unfortunately brought to these shores, bringing down the status of all farangs from respected visitors from afar to that of abject scumbags.  On the other hand Thai teachers seem to teach Thai kids that "lady" is the only English word for a female, despite the many intricate variants in the Thai language.   

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

It seems appropriate that it was a Thai lady attacked by a foreign woman, rather than a Thai woman attacked by a foreign lady.  We can assume that the victim was a lady from a hi-so Thai family with a good education and impeccable manners, whereas the foreign woman hailed from the pits of the illiterati in farang society that cheap travel has unfortunately brought to these shores, bringing down the status of all farangs from respected visitors from afar to that of abject scumbags.  On the other hand Thai teachers seem to teach Thai kids that "lady" is the only English word for a female, despite the many intricate variants in the Thai language.   

My girlfriend's English teacher taught her that "fire" = "electricity". She asks me to "open fire" when she wants the lights, AC, whatever, turned on, and "close fire" when she wants something, often unspecified, turned off.
She is a pretty darned smart lady, so the education is at fault.

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

To me it looks like they are playing back a recording of 4 different fixed camera feeds on a screen.  Someone is recording that screen using a phone, and is zooming back and forth between the camera aimed at the counter, in the green border, and the one at the door.  The cameras in each of the 4 locations on the screen don't move.  The scene at the counter continues to the left of the screen when the phone is turned to the scene at the door, on the right of the screen, and vice versa. 

I do not especially care what it looks like to you.
I explained the difference between the on screen bobbling vs the hand motion of recording with a phone.
I gave my QV re: video imagery, which also included some time in the editing studio.
Try watching again with what I already mentioned.
Or not.

49 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

My girlfriend's English teacher taught her that "fire" = "electricity". She asks me to "open fire" when she wants the lights, AC, whatever, turned on, and "close fire" when she wants something, often unspecified, turned off.
She is a pretty darned smart lady, so the education is at fault.

maybe, the teacher used google translate?

That's a word-by-word translation from the Thai expression for "turn off the light", "bpit fai" = close light/fire/electricity 

Another nice one: "close mirror" for "close the window", because "gradjok" would translate to mirror as well as window :smile:

Archived