Are old fashioned out-in same day visa runs still possible?

Hello all - Next week my 30 day stamp expires and was wondering if it is still possible to head to Savannakhet, get the Laos visa and just turn around and get another 30 stamp for Thailand the same day.  This would make things easy for me as I could have someone in the village I stay just drive me to the border and wait for me, and then drive me back home.  I already have a plane ticket purchased to leave Thailand in September so I don't want to get a 60 day single entry visa.

I've never done the in-out just for the sake of not wanting any problems so I was hoping someone could share their experiences and knowledge if still possible.

I would also be interested if anyone has extended their stamp/visa at an immigration office near Roi Et.  I currently stay with a Thai family in Kalasin province near the Roi Et and Sarakam border.  I have also never extended a visa or stamp.  I'm a 35 year old American who has no trouble showing ample finances. (As those questions often get asked later by respondents)

Thanks for any help.

You can do a border crossing to get a 30 day visa exempt entry. It will be the first of 2 that you can do this year at a land border crossing.

If you are on a 30 day visa exempt entry now you can extend it for 30 days. Same for a 60 day tourist visa entry. You would have to go to the  immigration office in Sakon Nakhon since that is the designated office for Kalasin.

1 hour ago, marke985 said:

Next week my 30 day stamp expires and was wondering if it is still possible to head to Savannakhet, get the Laos visa and just turn around and get another 30 stamp for Thailand the same day.

Yes, but it would be easier to simply get a 30 day extension of stay from your local immigration office. It costs 1,900 baht. IMO it is best to avoid back to back visa exempt entries whenever possible.

Sorry a bit offtopic, but just ask to reconfirm that there is NO rule (2 entries per year) when crossing a land border (and immediately coming back) with a valid Non-O Multiple Entry? Correct ?

And last question have to show 20k ?

Edited by MJCM

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Sorry a bit offtopic, but just ask to reconfirm that there is NO rule (2 entries per year) when crossing a land border (and immediately coming back) with a valid Non-O Multiple Entry? Correct ?

The 2 entry rule at land border crossings is only for visa exempt entries.

You could be asked to show 20k baht but it is not likely to happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJCM said:

There is no 2 entries per year rule, but local rules/policies can apply. Generally you shouldn't have a problem, but avoid the Aranyapathet/Poipet as they reportedly don't like non-immigrant visa holders doing border bounces.