Father, two kids saved from drowning in Phuket

rooster59

Father, two kids saved from drowning in Phuket 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1503138238_1.jpg

Three Chinese tourists were saved from drowning earlier today. Photo: Thanapong Kuenun

PHUKET: Three Chinese tourists who ignored red flags at Naithon Beach were saved from drowning by lifeguards earlier this afternoon (August 19).

Lifeguards stationed at Phuket’s popular Naithon Beach were called to help three Chinese tourists at about 2.30 today.

Headman of local Moo 4 village Thanapong Kuenun noticed that an adult and two kids were washed into the sea by huge waves and alerted the lifeguards who rushed into the surf and brought all three back to the beach.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/father-two-kids-saved-from-drowning-in-phuket-63530.php#qlP5MoBpTXAfrcCS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-19

Looks like the chinese tourists ain´t aware of the power of the four elements of the world. History and tradition tells another story.
However people that do not even understand how to read signs, is always going to fail miserable.

Lucky that there were life guards that could save the children. They don´t have to loose there life for having a father with the lack of intelligence.

Here is a suggestion. If the tourists ignore the red flags and require rescue work, bill them for the services.  Make it expensive and let the bamboo grapevine go to work. And hopefully, the locals will not decide to leave the red flags up all the time, 

I thought that for the Chinese RED was the signal to go ahead.

Possibly there's a culture problem here, using red flags to warn you that you're about to do something really stupid.

:sorry:

I thought Red was a Lucky colour for Chinese or symbolising wealth & prosperity, of that elk.

Surf flags I know are standardised but the red no swimming I get, would have thought Green as in Safe/go/clear ok would have been a better code to signify a safe zone... yellow & red (what I see on some Thai beaches can be bit confusing) why have red in a safe condition signal???