How and where to watch the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, KunMatt said:

If you gave Conor one more weapon, ie elbows or kicks or even ground and pound rules then Floyd wouldn't last 30 seconds in a fight with Conor. Everyone knows that.

But Conor is win win here. Worst case scenario he loses the fight, gets $80m and either returns to the octagon as one of the best fighters now he's had elite boxing training or he fights another boxer like Paulie and makes a ton more cash.

I don't really see what the UFC has to lose here as now they've just branched one of their fighters into another sport and they will get a lot of new viewers watching them seeing as boxing is one of the most boring sports and MMA is one of the most exciting.

The only person who has anything to lose here is Mr 49-0.

I guess I wasn't clear about the losing aspect. I didn't say that UFC has anything to lose.  By "lose lose situation for we MMA/UFC fans no matter who wins" I'm referring to we fans having to suffer the inevitable self-aggrandizing by whichever of these chumps wins.   If McGregor wins, I don't think the world will be ready for his next level of incessant narcissistic bragging and antics.  I liked McGregor in the beginning, but confess I was extremely happy when Diaz took him down their first fight. Shockingly,  McGregor was actually a little humble for a while afterwards, something I thought just wasn't possible. And I do agree that McGregor really has nothing to lose as , like you say, he's going to have a helluva payday, either way, and will be back in the Octagon no matter what.

Regarding Mayweather, he ain't stupid.  He's not about to blow his 49-0 record, especially on an MMA chump with no boxing experience, and risk destroying his precious legacy.  And as mentioned, since McGregor can't use his MMA tools he'll be hamstrung.  Mayweather OTOH will do to Connor what he's successfully done to many opponents, i.e., he'll bob and weave and avoid getting hit, which he's undeniably excellent at, until McGregor tires, which is inevitable.  Mayweather will then either take McGregor out or simply let the clock run down and badda-boom badda-bing he'll walk away undefeated, and with a another fantastic payday and his legacy preserved.

I personally wish that both of these narcissistic chumps could somehow lose this fight... to take them down a few notches.  Since that's not possible we'll just have to wait and see who wins.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a quality boxer being beaten by a rough house guy with no ring experience. I figure he will be knocked out unless he has learnt to block punches. As for those fighters in the octagon.....I personally find them boring. Probably better fights outside the pubs on the Shanklin Road on a Saturday night. Now Ali in his prime would be worth watching against anybody including this Irish guy.....he would probably pepper him with his long reach and step out of the way as the crowd shouted, "Timber!" 555

I don't see a quality boxer being beaten by a rough house guy with no ring experience. I figure he will be knocked out unless he has learnt to block punches. As for those fighters in the octagon.....I personally find them boring. Probably better fights outside the pubs on the Shanklin Road on a Saturday night. Now Ali in his prime would be worth watching against anybody including this Irish guy.....he would probably pepper him with his long reach and step out of the way as the crowd shouted, "Timber!" 555

You find MMA boring but you don't find boxing boring??

4 minutes ago, Mansell said:

UFC (MMA) is the fastest growing sport while boxing is dying out.

I guess I wasn't clear about the losing aspect. I didn't say that UFC has anything to lose.  By "lose lose situation for we MMA/UFC fans no matter who wins" I'm referring to we fans having to suffer the inevitable self-aggrandizing by whichever of these chumps wins.   If McGregor wins, I don't think the world will be ready for his next level of incessant narcissistic bragging and antics.  I liked McGregor in the beginning, but confess I was extremely happy when Diaz took him down their first fight. Shockingly,  McGregor was actually a little humble for a while afterwards, something I thought just wasn't possible. And I do agree that McGregor really has nothing to lose as , like you say, he's going to have a helluva payday, either way, and will be back in the Octagon no matter what.

Regarding Mayweather, he ain't stupid.  He's not about to blow his 49-0 record, especially on an MMA chump with no boxing experience, and risk destroying his precious legacy.  And as mentioned, since McGregor can't use his MMA tools he'll be hamstrung.  Mayweather OTOH will do to Connor what he's successfully done to many opponents, i.e., he'll bob and weave and avoid getting hit, which he's undeniably excellent at, until McGregor tires, which is inevitable.  Mayweather will then either take McGregor out or simply let the clock run down and badda-boom badda-bing he'll walk away undefeated, and with a another fantastic payday and his legacy preserved.

I personally wish that both of these narcissistic chumps could somehow lose this fight... to take them down a few notches.  Since that's not possible we'll just have to wait and see who wins.

Do you honestly think that Conor is really who he acts like on stage? You don't realise it's all put on for hype??

Do you think he walks around his house doing the millionaire strut and talking smack to his wife and baby all day? Or do you think that maybe he does it because it messes with his opponent's mind before a fight and also gives him a huge amount of attention by media and fans?

There's a video on YouTube called "Conor - the nice guy conspiracy" where it has behind the scenes footage of him being real and a decent guy, like how he apologised to Aldo during the winning announcement.

However Floyd is a real life dick like you see 24/7 who fights with his wife and his dad.

Based on past fights, I bet Floyd cheats and tries to cheapshot him, I hope Conor is prepared for that.

I want Conor to batter him for a few rounds and then KO him.

6 hours ago, KunMatt said:

Do you honestly think that Conor is really who he acts like on stage? You don't realise it's all put on for hype??

Do you think he walks around his house doing the millionaire strut and talking smack to his wife and baby all day? Or do you think that maybe he does it because it messes with his opponent's mind before a fight and also gives him a huge amount of attention by media and fans?

There's a video on YouTube called "Conor - the nice guy conspiracy" where it has behind the scenes footage of him being real and a decent guy, like how he apologised to Aldo during the winning announcement.

However Floyd is a real life dick like you see 24/7 who fights with his wife and his dad.

Based on past fights, I bet Floyd cheats and tries to cheapshot him, I hope Conor is prepared for that.

I want Conor to batter him for a few rounds and then KO him.

LOL, of course McGregor's showboating narcissistic antics are an act, but unfortunately, these antics are simply waaaay over the top and distasteful and boring to a lot of us.  Yeah, they were entertaining at first, but that didn't last long.  I do give McGregor credit that he's so good at self-promotion that after only a short career at UFC he's bagged 2 belts and is now facing Mayweather.

I would still like to see both guys lose, Mayweather because, as you mentioned, is such a pathetic d1ckhead in real life, and McGregor because he needs to choke on some humble pie as some of that self-worship ain't an act.   A hint is McGregor sporting a tattoo of his freakin' name on his chest <deleted>.

And some of us don't care for the UFC embracing and expanding WWE-style 'retarded fan' purely-for-entertainment fake-drama shenanigans to sell tickets.  Instead, many of us prefer a more professional approach to the fight game.  Yeah, a little drama and humor, a la former champ Muhammad Ali, is fine.

I still want to watch this fight though.  And I do hope McGregor gets lucky and drops Mayweather so that chump will soon be a forgotten chapter.  Tick tock...tick tock ... won't be long now.

For any sports fan this will be a spectacle. Mayweather is probably the greatest of all time in his weight class and is the greatest of any weight class at not getting hit. McGregor is a good MMA fighter ( ranked 37 of all time on one list) and the

greatest draw in the history of his sport. If all is good with the universe Mayweather will wear Mcgregor out and it will go the exhausted distance.  If Conor can get a good punch in, on the hardest man in history to hit, he could knock him out.

Mcgregor is tough as nails so Mayweather could hit him all day to no avail but that will not be the strategy . Both men came from nothing and both have a lot at stake. Mayweather loses and there goes his perfect record and a chunck of his

legacy . Mcgregor loses and he may see that piece of the UFC pie that he is demanding stay in Dana whites fridge . For me I think it will be as entertaining and meaningful as watching the New England Patriots play hockey against the Edmonton Oilers.

Boring fight. 

Will watch the 30 reply the next day, maybe. 

Just another loud mouth annoying Irishman hope he gets embarrassed

Love him or hate him, you cannot call him just *another* anything. Give some respect when it is due, to a guy who came from the street to facing a world champion in NEW territory inside a few years.

It's the fight of the century, if you find that boring good luck to you.

17 minutes ago, coulson said:

Love him or hate him, you cannot call him just *another* anything. Give some respect when it is due, to a guy who came from the street to facing a world champion in NEW territory inside a few years.

It's the fight of the century, if you find that boring good luck to you.

Hes just a loud mouth that used that to get this fight. That is all. 

Only reason mayweather accepted it finally is cuz he knows it's an easy win and can put him to a record 50-0 and he will also make hundreds of millions of dollars. 

But to call this "fight of the century" you are deluded. 

Only reason you mma guys are excited for this fight is because instead of watching guys lay on the ground and hug for 5 rounds, now you can watch them stand up and hug for 12  :smile:

Might even get a knock out for once instead of twisting a guys arm till he cries. 

Hes just a loud mouth that used that to get this fight. That is all. 
Only reason mayweather accepted it finally is cuz he knows it's an easy win and can put him to a record 50-0 and he will also make hundreds of millions of dollars. 

But to call this "fight of the century" you are deluded. 

Only reason you mma guys are excited for this fight is because instead of watching guys lay on the ground and hug for 5 rounds, now you can watch them stand up and hug for 12  :smile:

Might even get a knock out for once instead of twisting a guys arm till he cries. 

So you're not gonna watch it?

As previously said, I will probably watch a short reply late in the day. 

Nothing gets me to wake up at 7am. Especially 2 guys dancing

The fight is probably at 10am or 11am. Pointless to watch a boxing match when you know the result.

Well I will be interested in the result but I don't want to watch it.

I have seen enough real life violence in my time without admiring theatrics.

I  had hoped that the world would rise above it but it never will.

On 22/08/2017 at 1:20 PM, Eric Loh said:

If the Mohammad Ali versus Anoki is the measurement yardstick whereby combatants from different fighting styles generated much interest and money, this fight will be no different. It will likely be Mayweather dancing around and avoid getting hit and a fast tiring Mcgregor couldn't last the rounds. All at the expense of the paying audience. Mcgregor need not enter the octagon for rest of his life. 

Exactly, a money making racket paid for by gullible "Joe Soap". The winner will be the one that suits the top dogs the best.

On 8/23/2017 at 0:16 AM, KunMatt said:

He did. He got choked out by a Gracie trained BJJ fighter a weight class above what he was previously fighting at after beating the hell out of him for the whole fight with the stand up then trying to wrestle him.

He then also beat Diaz in their 5x 5min round rematch which was kept on their feet the entire fight.

I seem to remember he got choked out because he was about to get knocked out. 

We all saw that McGregor can be hurt and his boxing skills are limited but Mayweather will never have come across anything like him.

You put a Shotokan fighter who has only fought other Shotokan fighters up against a JKung <deleted> fighter or a Muay Thai fighter and anything could happen and the can quickly come out of their comfort zones.

Not for one minute will McGregor be standing there like the old fashioned pugilist he'l bee swinging like a mad man and hitting his opponent everywhere and anywhere.

In steps the ref after several warnings........disqualified and everyone shouts BS :0) enjoy the fight