Visa overstayer alleges extortion of Bt600,000

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, jobwolf said:

Reading many of the comments on this website it make me wonder how some of you are able to read or write.

There is not much brain or sense behind many comments.

Just reduce your intake if it really bothers you that much

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, gummy said:

yes and get benefits unlike those who go legally and have no recourse to state benefits.

ahh didn't take long for that tired of trope to come out. One that has be debunked many times.

And hey here is a novel idea, lets stop invading, bombing and interfering with other countries and maybe we wouldn't have so many refugees knocking around, funny that.

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Unless he has proof of the identity of the "Police" or their "helpers".... I fear he is approaching a waterfall without a paddle.

A truly functional police department would have used him as bait for a sting operation before posing for a photo op in the media.  

But then, they probably wouldn't be worried about catching themselves in their own sting.

52 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Refugees? Egypt and Lebanon ? The only Syrian refugees are those in refugee camps in Syria and surrounding countries. Those who can afford air tickets and B 15 k bribes per month are well off economic immigrants. 

So you're saying people with money can't be in fear of getting bombed, gassed, shot or tortured if they stay in their home country?

Edit:  As I recall, the wealthy are often the first ones to be targeted, since they have something to steal.

Edited by impulse

10 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

he has no chance of staying overstayer must go.go back to Syria and fight for your country.thailand will not help you if you are illegal.europe or the uk would have given u everything.but you are not wanted there except germany

What happened to capital letters after full stops and at the beginning of the piece? The standard of English of many posters on TV is absolutely appalling. Judging by your name you are from UK so you should be even more ashamed of yourself.

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Should have gone to the U.K., like every other Tom, Dick and Harry !

Not a bad idea.  The Brits can use all the help they get.  Especially people with working brains.

10 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Tom Dick and Harry don''t go there anymore as the benefit system only exists for Abdul, Youssef and Iqubal!

Edit:  Grrr- beaten to it!

But the still accept Mustafa , Mohamed , Bijan , all the others go to Mama Merkel in good old Germany because she invited them

Edited by DieterWiehe

14 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

I know he is an overstayer but his country is a warzone. And instead of getting help, he is being taken advantage of. 

So he should stay there and fight for his beloved country instead of running away

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Should have gone to the U.K., like every other Tom, Dick and Harry !

As this is Thailand it should read Harry, Dick and Tom. If you know what I mean. :tongue:

2 hours ago, nausea said:

You have to laugh, he's not complaining about the extortion:

"However his son remained in jail, so he came to seek justice"

He's complaining about the fact they failed to deliver on their promises.

Maybe, like many others, he thinks justice is for sale here. 

15 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Really?  Barber shop in Soi Nana?  Perfectly legitimate business of course.  Obviously the guy had some money or had some income from doing something.  Me suspicions be aroused.

Yes he was doing something to raise income. 

He was giving people haircuts. 

1 hour ago, impulse said:

So you're saying people with money can't be in fear of getting bombed, gassed, shot or tortured if they stay in their home country?

Edit:  As I recall, the wealthy are often the first ones to be targeted, since they have something to steal.

First, how can you consider people from Egypt and Lebanon refugees ? Secondly there is no facts in this article to suggest when he left Syria he may have left before the war. He may only be here for 4 years but may have stayed in other countries before coming here. Thirdly to qualify for a refugee you must register with the UN as a refugee, they then decide if you qualify as a refugee. You can also apply for refugee status in the country you settle in, but Thailand dont allow this. Fourthly if you leave your home country and settle in another country with enough funds to start a business and pay bribes and dont apply for refugee status you are not a refugee according to international law, you are an immigrant. 

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

ahh didn't take long for that tired of trope to come out. One that has be debunked many times.

And hey here is a novel idea, lets stop invading, bombing and interfering with other countries and maybe we wouldn't have so many refugees knocking around, funny that.

Yes the West should stay out of ME, and Muslims should stay out of the West. Like oil and water the 2 cultures don't mix, however our politicians have a different agenda, so apart from getting a vote every 5years there is not much we can do to change things

17 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

You can also apply for refugee status in the country you settle in, but Thailand dont allow this. Fourthly if you leave your home country and settle in another country with enough funds to start a business and pay bribes and dont apply for refugee status you are not a refugee according to international law, you are an immigrant. 

So, what you're saying is that the guy's not a refugee if he doesn't apply for refugee status with the UN, and Thailand doesn't allow it.  So he's not a refugee.

I would contend that, irrespective of "International Law"- and more specifically, how it's interpreted to a country's advantage, a fellow that can't go back to his own country for fear of being bombed, gassed, shot or tortured is a refugee.  That's not to say he's legal, or welcome, or a good guy, or anything else.  But he is a refugee.

Edited by impulse