Tech school student shot dead by rival-school students

webfact

Tech school student shot dead by rival-school students

By The Nation

de52ae7a62cfdab2338bc08b3fb7f493.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A vocational school student was fatally shot by a group of students from a rival school in Nonthaburi province on Wednesday evening, police said.

The shooting incident happened at 5.30pm on Tiwanon Road in Tambon Bang Phood in Pak Kret district, said Pol Captain Supachoke Phorkhathai, deputy inspector of Pak Kret Police Station.

Mongkol Khampradit, 20, a student of Pathum Thani Technology school was shot once in his left armpit. He died later at Krungthai Hospital.

His friends told police that they were riding their motorcycles toward the Pak Kret intersection when a group of some 10 students from a rival school opened fire at them. The rival students fled the scene after the shooting.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30324749

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-24

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Get rid of the <deleted> UNIFORMS!  They are nothing but targets for rival schools.  With everyone in street clothes, no one knows who goes to what school.  How damn hard is that to figure out????

.....Or give them all the same uniform.  

1 minute ago, Just1Voice said:

That would also work.

Yes, I agree.   Thailand, like a lot of other countries, are very much into uniforms, so the idea of dispensing with them is not very likely.  

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pathum Thani Technology school

Surprised there's any students left in this place the way they're either shot dead or shoot others dead. 

The Certificate must be worth it's weight in lead. 

It must have been within the last two weeks when one of the weirdo "officials" claimed Thailand could be the hub for education of foreign students.

The offer may turn out like: Risk your life while trying to become a bachelor of fruit carving.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

everyone stop with instantly providing simple solutions to problems in Thailand.

you are just wasting your time.

I fear that you may be doing the same in your exhortation to your fellow members.

Instant, simple solutions for Thailands problems (or might they better be described as characteristics?) are the bread and butter of TVisa.

lotus.jpg.6e7253bdc6025f870f1666731a438dc2.jpg

Edited by Enoon

No wonder parents want to send their kids to a university (even though they would be much more suitable for a technical college). Less likely to be shot. So if my kid wants to be a mechanic, what are my choices? Send him back to OZ to get some better training I guess. 

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Get rid of the <deleted> UNIFORMS!  They are nothing but targets for rival schools.  With everyone in street clothes, no one knows who goes to what school.  How damn hard is that to figure out????

As hard as it is to figure out that simply asking for ID instead of pretending to ban alcohol sales for everyone near schools. There simply isn't any logic or common sense in Thailand. None at all. Why, I don't know, but it's quite extraordinary.

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

That is common sense smart farang thinking - not allowed in Thailand! :sad:

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Perhaps they could instigate inter-school sports. Rugby would be a good way for them to sort out their aggressive rivalries. :smile:

(must check for guns and knives though)

no way would you get these guys to line up on a rugby paddock lol

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Perhaps they could instigate inter-school sports. Rugby would be a good way for them to sort out their aggressive rivalries. :smile:

(must check for guns and knives though)

Interschool athletics is not the answer, it breeds more rivalries. 

I recall many schools in the US started switching to uniforms to undermine gang affiliations (colors). I don't know how this turned out, but I understand many gangs started wearing certain sneakers.